Any point in getting this?

hey guys,

need some advice, I can pickup a new lenovo P50 from work if I want to, but only thinking to get it to play wow when traveling tbh (not primary gaming machine but I have 3-4 travel days per week so... meh).

I got the specs, it will have:
    Intel Core i7-6820HQ (8MB Cache, Up to 3.6 Ghz)
    16GB ram (think it is PC3 and 12800 from the spec I recieved)
    SSD, size 256 or 512, but that does not matter I suppose
    the native-screen is the option for 1920x1080, so would be nice if you could run wow on that, but I suppose reducing it for stable fps will be needed(?)

Is there any point with replacing my current (very light & slim computer that is nice for traveling) with this if the big point would be to watch movies in hotelrooms and play wow occasionally? It will weigh like twice of what I have today so I only want to carry it around if its "worth it", I heard legion will raise the requirements as well so the old "you can play wow on a toaster" does not apply as much anymore.

Thoughts / inputs?

PS: we run win7 64bit with the option for win10 in test-environment dual-boot which i can get

I don't see a dedicated GPU in that system. If it really does not, no, not likely worth it. However, when I google Lenovo P50 I find the ThinkPad P50s have an nVidia Quadro M2000M which appears to be around the same performance as a 950M or 960M. If it has that, yeah, it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I don't see a dedicated GPU in that system. If it really does not, no, not likely worth it. However, when I google Lenovo P50 I find the ThinkPad P50s have an nVidia Quadro M2000M which appears to be around the same performance as a 950M or 960M. If it has that, yeah, it should be fine.

I asked and it seems they will be changed to include this from 3rd of april (internal thing, nothing with lenovo)
    NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4GB
    So sounds good