Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral legion pvp feedback

i don't have alpha access but here are some concerns i have from watching some streams :

1- Blood trauma ( pvp talent ) breaks from bleeds !! .. they really should fix this .. so what we only have stuns as ferals ?

2- Guardian affinity doesn't look promising .. back before alpha was released i thought it will be amazing when frenzied regen was 100% heal .. now its 40% and i don't think it will be a good pick in any situations .. if frenzied regen had a higher percentage i thought it will be good vs classes that have a ton of burst like rogue's openers for example you can pop frenzied regen to recover the health loss .. i know 100% is too much but also 40% is too low .. you'd lose the 40% that you gained while being on the GCD =,= .. making resto affinity superior to guardian affinity in all situations.

3- Rip and tear ( pvp talent ) is pretty useless .. it hits like a wet noodle .. because of the fact that it doesn't proc Open Wounds ( an artifact trait ) .. Open wound is pretty much our strongest ability .. not making rip and tear proc it will make any talent in that tier superior .. which is a shame i was really excited for this ability ..

4- Savage roar feels weird as a talent .. personally i feel like it should be either a baseline or completely removed .. such a rotational ability shouldn't be a talent

5- ferocious bite animation seems unfinished .. also i feel like animations should cancel when moving because right now it feels weird spamming shred and moving around .. doesn't seem as fluid as live.

thoughts ?
    Last edited by Blezius; 2016-03-05 at 03:20 AM.

Deleted
    Pretty much agree with more or less everything you've said!

RIP Powershifting.

Getting out of form triggers cooldown. U can't reshift instantly.

"/cast !Cat Form" doesn't work anymore. I tweeted @WarCraftDevs, they said it is confirmed and intended.

Quote Originally Posted by wMw View Post
    RIP Powershifting.

Getting out of form triggers cooldown. U can't reshift instantly.

"/cast !Cat Form" doesn't work anymore. I tweeted @WarCraftDevs, they said it is confirmed and intended.
    well thats fucking dumb .. "class fantasy" and we get mobility stripped away from us.. the class is already weak to stuns as is .. removing powershifting will make us so that we need a completely new defensive or something .. i just can't imagine playing without powershifting.

you do realize that feral has an artifact trait called, "protection of Ashmane" which gives you 100% dodge and damage reduction for 5 seconds when you shift out of Cat form but you lose once you shift back. there is a CD for it but its not long. I watch a Feral duel Evvyln the Arms Warrior (skilled youtuber and streamer) and during Evvylns burst or bladestorm, the Feral just shifted to NElf form and dodged 100% of the damage. it is a very strong CD, you also have wild charge, and two sprints and you can still shift out of roots but you do incur the GCD. I know power shifting was great but i think the added defenseive mechanice of having 100% dodge for 5 secs after leaving cat form far exceeds the downside. just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcsauce View Post
    you do realize that feral has an artifact trait called, "protection of Ashmane" which gives you 100% dodge and damage reduction for 5 seconds when you shift out of Cat form but you lose once you shift back. there is a CD for it but its not long. I watch a Feral duel Evvyln the Arms Warrior (skilled youtuber and streamer) and during Evvylns burst or bladestorm, the Feral just shifted to NElf form and dodged 100% of the damage. it is a very strong CD, you also have wild charge, and two sprints and you can still shift out of roots but you do incur the GCD. I know power shifting was great but i think the added defenseive mechanice of having 100% dodge for 5 secs after leaving cat form far exceeds the downside. just my 2 cents.

Oh does that let me dodge deep freeze to poly? Does it let me dodge getting hit with a snare when i predictably shift back into cat form?

Quote Originally Posted by aliandren View Post
    Oh does that let me dodge deep freeze to poly? Does it let me dodge getting hit with a snare when i predictably shift back into cat form?
    Some people will just never be satisfied huh...

Can we just fucking remove the immunity to polymorph from druid now please.
    Hi Sephurik

It does if you powershift into another form (bear / travel). AFAIK you only invoke a cooldown on the form you came out of.
    I'm not sure if that invokes the 5 second 100% dodge, however it at least gives another option to juke mages.

Is it active when you leave cat form to bear form?

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Can we just fucking remove the immunity to polymorph from druid now please.
    Sure, when we remove blink's stun removal and warrior's Berserker Rage fear removal and...
    Last edited by Knolan; 2016-03-10 at 03:43 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Is it active when you leave cat form to bear form?

Sure, when we remove blink's stun removal and warrior's Berserker Rage fear removal and...
    It sounds like it is from the tooltip, since it doesn't say "when in caster form" or something. Haven't actually seen anyone use it in bear though. Really hope it is, it's a really badly designed trait.

im sorry, are you crying over the fact that you can bleed up a target and then just sit there invulnerable for 5 seconds watching them die but you have to wait 1.5 secs to break out of snares??? have you ever played any other melee class??? you have to sit in snares for 8 seconds normally....ill take 1.5 sec GCD for snare break with bleeds, passive high move speed, wild charge, two sprints which break snares, rake charge, stealth opener, instant cast heals, 100% dodge and armor as a defensive, healing from doing damage, ability to go boomkin form and burst people down from range as a feral or the ability to heal to full with swiftmend, over not having any of that and getting snared for 8 seconds.

on a serious note, i understand its frustrating but ferals have almost 100% up-time on targets and i think its okay to tone that down just a little while keeping their very strong toolkit. watching some of the streamers play feral on legion is laughable how easy they are wrecking other classes.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    im sorry, are you crying over the fact that you can bleed up a target and then just sit there invulnerable for 5 seconds watching them die but you have to wait 1.5 secs to break out of snares??? have you ever played any other melee class??? you have to sit in snares for 8 seconds normally....ill take 1.5 sec GCD for snare break with bleeds, passive high move speed, wild charge, two sprints which break snares, rake charge, stealth opener, instant cast heals, 100% dodge and armor as a defensive, healing from doing damage, ability to go boomkin form and burst people down from range as a feral or the ability to heal to full with swiftmend, over not having any of that and getting snared for 8 seconds.

on a serious note, i understand its frustrating but ferals have almost 100% up-time on targets and i think its okay to tone that down just a little while keeping their very strong toolkit. watching some of the streamers play feral on legion is laughable how easy they are wrecking other classes.
    You mean when they're recking backpeddling players in random BGs? Yeah, because any competent player playing any spec in the game can't do that.

Guys go on your feral now on live and remove the powershift macro and try playing .. REMEMBER Legion will be slower as right now all you have is GCD .. Legion is adding a full cooldown to shifting ..

So they can add 100% dodge it will not help much because of builds that can spam snare/root ..

I guess what happened is that guys at blizz (you know who) playing mage got tired of feral 1v1 him ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    havent read all this, but does feral also lose cyclone?
    Yes, Cyclone is only available to Resto and Balance as a PvP talent. Feral and Guardian have no access to it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    so why wud feral be wanted in a team if it got no cc? are they bringing the dmg up? or does alot of classes lose cc?
    That's why they need to address the issue of basically making a spec have no CC. It's like they think that maim incap talent is a replacement or something. Yes, better than nothing, but still shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    That's why they need to address the issue of basically making a spec have no CC. It's like they think that maim incap talent is a replacement or something. Yes, better than nothing, but still shit.
    Its actually worse than shit ..your own bleeds break it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blezius View Post
    Its actually worse than shit ..your own bleeds break it.
    That's probably a bug. The tooltip says "any attack will break it", not "any damage will break it" like similar effects do, which suggests that it should only break on non-periodic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    That's probably a bug. The tooltip says "any attack will break it", not "any damage will break it" like similar effects do, which suggests that it should only break on non-periodic damage.
    lets hope thats the case .. but i'm not seeing any feedback about pvp talents in alpha forums ..

man .. they should just invite more people .. i feel like 99.9% of the alpha testers are PvErs

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blezius View Post
    lets hope thats the case .. but i'm not seeing any feedback about pvp talents in alpha forums ..

man .. they should just invite more people .. i feel like 99.9% of the alpha testers are PvErs
    Not to mention that one half are top-end pvpers, and the other half are people that have no clue what they're even talking about.