Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Woadnson View Post
    It has rare moments of creditability but that is down to people "protesting"
    Also Jarvis Cocker. Much hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    More popular with who? And when? The Beatles have been retired a long time.
    Mark Ronson and Ed Sheeran seemed to do alright at the Grammys this year, picking up record and song of the year respectively. Muse also bagged best rock album.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-03-05 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More popular with who? And when? The Beatles have been retired a long time.
    Adele is big.

Trolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Adele is big.

Trolololololol
    Hehe, this is fun. =p

I seriously never heard this award though. And it amuses me greatly that they feel the need to provide "diversity" for the 6 non-white people in England.

Deleted
    Hehe, this is fun. =p

I seriously never heard this award though. And it amuses me greatly that they feel the need to provide "diversity" for the 6 non-white people in England.
    13% of the country is Non-White.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a British music awards, so it isn't surprising that you hadn't heard of it, just as I am sure there are numerous awards in foreign countries I haven't heard of.

You've never been to England, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    13% of the country is Non-White.
    I thought the usual internet narrative was that Britain was now Britistan? I wish people would make their minds up in the way that they're going to be wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    I thought the usual internet narrative was that Britain was now Britistan? I wish people would make their minds up in the way that they're going to be wrong.
    The Fox News narrative. 13% across the board. Urban areas like Birmingham and London are much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It's a British music awards, so it isn't surprising that you hadn't heard of it, just as I am sure there are numerous awards in foreign countries I haven't heard of.

You've never been to England, have you?
    Yeah, in 2001. I'm just having fun with you guys. =p

10+ Year Old Account
    "giving awards to people for their skin colour instead of their merit!"
    Justin Bieber won best album this year.

In other awards news Smurfit Kappa paper mill won a sustainability award in July 2015. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it.

Surely you all visit http://www.packagingnews.co.uk daily?

so awards not only in the u.s but also u.k will be handed out based on a quota?

"oh, we already have too many good white straight actors winning.... guess we will just give whats left to the rest"

since movie awards will be handed out based on diversity now, movie producers might as well cast some other..... types... and watch the prizes pile up during award ceremonies.
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2016-03-05 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    "giving awards to people for their skin colour instead of their merit!"
    Justin Bieber won best album this year.
    I am about to do something that I never imagined myself doing and defend Bieber. I accidentally heard some of his new songs and I have to say...it wasn't actually bad, indeed some of them....I feel ashamed to admit, were actually pretty good. In years gone past I would have said "Good point", but not this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post

"oh, we already have too many good white straight actors winning.... guess we will just give whats left to the rest"

since movie awards will be handed out based on diversity now, movie producers might as well cast some other..... types... and watch the prizes pile up during award ceremonies.
    INB4 award for best actor being given to Mike Tyson...

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post

I don't think that's what was said at all.

It said they wanted to diversify the voting committee to include more ethnic, gender and age diversity in order to promote a more accurate representation of modern British music. They didnt say they were going to hand out awards based on quotas.

Personally I think it makes a lot of sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    So people defended the Oscars by saying nominations are based on subjective criteria but when other award shows defined how they want to give out these subjective awards it's bullshit? Outrage culture is mad at something again.

It's their show, they can judge their recipients however they want to.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I am about to do something that I never imagined myself doing and defend Bieber. I accidentally heard some of his new songs and I have to say...it wasn't actually bad, indeed some of them....I feel ashamed to admit, were actually pretty good. In years gone past I would have said "Good point", but not this year.
    His singles last year were great but his album shouldn't have even been nominated.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post

Best British single: Rick Astley – "Never Gonna Give You Up"

Serious awards guys. Serious.
    Brits awards were so ahead of their time it took 32 years to the rest of the world to realize the importance of that song

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Even if Justin Bieber has improved, it is beyond laughable to suggest he should come anywhere close to the "best album of the year" in almost any category.