10+ Year Old Account

have a few questions about diablo 3.

i'm thinking of maybe purchasing the game but i have some questions: (i have tried the free trial but still have some questions.)
    1.do i need the expansion to unlock paragon levels?
    2. is the game harder or easier than diablo 2? (it seems to be easier but since it's only the first act i don't know if it gets harder)
    3. also are there going to be any bs bosses like duriel?
    4.about how long is a single playthrough compared to diablo 2?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i'm thinking of maybe purchasing the game but i have some questions: (i have tried the free trial but still have some questions.)
    2. is the game harder or easier than diablo 2? (it seems to be easier but since it's only the first act i don't know if it gets harder)
    Paragon caps at 100 in D3 Vanilla. It was raised in RoS launch to 10k.

I mean neither game was really harder. There was more to min/max in D2 with how the talent trees worked and immunities on even white mobs in late nightmare to all of hell. D3 is more about mob types and rift types tbh. Certain builds require a lot to play but others are mainly grouping mobs and reacting to Convention of Elements buff(a ring a lot of builds use).

Bosses in non adventure mode are basically a joke. Nothing much to them. Unless you played back when Inferno was a thing and before any patches then sure it was a hard game, but most of its focus has gone into adventure mode and rifts.

Playthrough is nothing tbh. Could do it in like 3 hours even starting at lvl 1. Its not really a game for the story mode. Its just about rifts and how high you can clear greater rifts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paragon is available once you hit the lvl cap, so you CAN get paragon at lvl 60, as long as you don't get Reaper of Souls. Please note, however, that lvl 70 is 50x faster then lvl 60 for xp rate due to the inability to do T7/Greater Rifts

The game is easier at the lower lvls. Unlike Diablo 2, however, Diablo 3 has infinite progression system, so pushing higher Greater Rifts then what you can normally do is end-game progression, which can be more challenging then Diablo 2.

There are no "bs" bosses.

A full playthrough, acts 1-4, is generally done in about 3 hours by average players.

I would strongly suggest getting Reaper of Souls though, as you need it to complete in the endgame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

It's worth noting on the difficulty that the game is largely as easy or as hard as you want it to be, since there are lots of different options to pick from. If you're finding it too easy, you can bump the difficulty slider up a notch to make the enemies tougher, more dangerous, and drop better rewards, or vice versa if you're starting to struggle.

In the end game you also have greater rifts, with infinitely scaling difficulty.

Edit: Also, the single player campaign will vary in length depending on how much you explore optional areas etc. The first time through with all the cutscenes and story bits it'll take you quite a while. It can be blasted through pretty quickly if you skip everything, but otherwise it's decently lengthy. Probably similar to D2.
    Last edited by Wondercrab; 2016-03-05 at 08:44 PM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was very disappointed in Diablo 3 when it first launched but they've made tons of changes and the game is in a much better state now.

I recommend buying the game. You'll enjoy it.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    There are no "bs" bosses.
    I dunno, Sandshaper can be pretty annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I dunno, Sandshaper can be pretty annoying.
    Every RG boss is difficult for different builds. On my range characters, for instance, Sandshaper is just allright, but I HATE Hamellin. Whereas on my barb, Hamelin is great (25% strength boost), but Sandshaper is a pain in the ass. Some players hate Perendii, others hate Rime, and yet others hate, say, the Blighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it possible to play the witch doctor as a summon necromancer like in diablo 2?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

is it possible to play the witch doctor as a summon necromancer like in diablo 2?
    You can certainly have pet-centric Witch Doctor builds that focus on summoning gazillions of fetishes, zombie dogs, and gargantuans, although I can't remember how similar the playstyle is to the D2 Necromancer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    You can certainly have pet-centric Witch Doctor builds that focus on summoning gazillions of fetishes, zombie dogs, and gargantuans, although I can't remember how similar the playstyle is to the D2 Necromancer.
    It is not really that similar, and it is one of the regularly asked-for classes were there to be an expansion, along with Druid.

D2 necro has its place because of the theme - undeath and demonic powers. If we ever get it in D3, it will have for sure pets but their mechanic will be likley more oriented towards sacrificing them or using them as weapons instead of raising a horde of minions like Wd does.

Mechanics side, WD has pretty much anything covered. However Necro has stuff like curses and bone spells which are pretty peculiar and imho have a place in game.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.