Poll: How will Elemental be throughout Legion as compared to other classes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    It's actually really fucking hard to solo Terrace if you're not a self-healing tank class or classes with gimmicks/pets like Hunters, I can guarantee you Mages/Rogues/Warriors would have the same problem. I couldn't solo it past Lei Shi on my 722 Enhancement spec either.

To reiterate wordup's point:

A handful of the Shaman community have a tendency to create really unproductive discussions by acting like total drama queens. It's totally okay to criticise our class and to express disappointment, but your poll is obviously a ploy to complain for the sake of complaining.

It's somewhat embarrassing - WoW forums are already notoriously whiny, and MMO-C is often the same. We should be able to distinguish these forums from the more public forums with more constructive discussions. The silliest part is that Elemental Shaman are, objectively speaking, shaping up to look better in Legion!
    I have cleared it with my 714 ret pal.

I have a 700's mage and spriest I'm going to try on those and reply back later.

But one old raid isn't the basis for the thread it was just the inspiration.

Ele has a very long history of coming up short in all the measurements of a spec/class.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    How can we know. They have not even started the balancing process.
    That's how it always has been in the last ... 3 (?) expansions.

It was great in MoP. Lightning Bolt on the move, Lava Burst DEALING THAT DAMAGE! Ascendance doing that BURST! Spamming that Chain Lightning!

I do however like WoDs Chain Lightning + Earthquake

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's how it always has been in the last ... 3 (?) expansions.
    Well ... you're unfortunately right

My plan is to either switch to enhancement or play my hunter. Hunter is a good choice because its the same tier and armor class.

I am really tired of hearing the argument from blizzard that hybrid / utility classes aren't suppose to do more damage than pure dps classes. I see all other classes have more utilities than us and also doing the numbers. Look at both shadow priest and boomkins. Its really ridiculous to say the least. Blizzard needs to get rid of all those trained monkeys they have doing number crunching within the shaman department.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    yup, and they added palpatine lightning to lure us to stay shaman! Its a trap folks, the cake is a lie
    I counter this by playing a dps Sorc in SW and its OP as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    Well, idk about this cartoonz dude. I mean, whether he knows to play ele sham or even know how to pvp properly. The way he just standing there stunned when the rogue is omnislash-ing him (like every single time). I can't tell if he even try. He can pop trinket then go Astral Shift and spam healing surge for the least. I realize ele sham is unlikely to win against rogue in a duel (since forever). But at least you can try to stay alive longer or even show some meaningful resistance.
    Well you obviously don't really know what you're talking about. When ever he casted a surge it did negative healing and by doing that you aren't getting distance on the rogue and he'll just re-stun you/ gouge blind etc etc. He's a multi glad mage he know's how to pvp its not like ele is any good at dueling on live anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Personally this video just seemed weird.

First off, didn't see any Talents from the PvP Tree. (Counterstrike totem? Lightnig Lasso?)

This video was uploaded before they even released the PvP Talent trees on Alpha, so this video basically shows PvE Talents vs PvE Talents.

Didn't need a video for that to figure that a Rogue would win against Elemental.

Doubt Elemental will thrash Rogues in 1v1 in Legion but this video isn't worth anything.
    You're confused why there are no PvP talents then you admit to knowing this was before pvp talents... lolwut? He said it in the video this has nothing to do with balance it's just to show a general look / feel to rogues in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    You're confused why there are no PvP talents then you admit to knowing this was before pvp talents... lolwut?
    I was first writing down said sentence and then looked up when the video was actually uploaded.

Was too lazy to remove the first sentence however, i mean the observation of no PvP talents is still true in a way.

He said it in the video this has nothing to do with balance it's just to show a general look / feel to rogues in legion.
    I know this, but unlike some other people in this thread i don't take this video for any proof.

So why are you telling me this?

Personally i still don't think it's a bright idea to make a video about PvP when PvP Talents are a big feature of Legion and weren't even implemented at that point, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I was first writing down said sentence and then looked up when the video was actually uploaded.

Was too lazy to remove the first sentence however, i mean the observation of no PvP talents is still true in a way.

I know this, but unlike some other people in this thread i don't take this video for any proof.

So why are you telling me this?

Personally i still don't think it's a bright idea to make a video about PvP when PvP Talents are a big feature of Legion and weren't even implemented at that point, but that's another story.
    Well as he said and I've said it's not a PvP video is a rogue look and feel preview video so good thing he didn't make a pvp video.

Well as he said and I've said it's not a PvP video is a rogue look and feel preview video so good thing he didn't make a pvp video.
    Dueling other people is a special type of "preview video" in my view.

The title of the video is even: Outlaw Rogue vs. Elemental Shaman Duels!

I mean let's be honest, if you wanted to make a preview video of let's say Balance Druid, you don't make a video about a Balance Druid dueling an Arms Warrior.

This video is clearly intended to show Rogue vs Elemental, not just show "how Rogue is", even if he says "Just to show how Outlaw rogues are", the reaction in the comment as well are obvious what some people take from this video.

But i'm not even blaming him, it's on youtube, he wants to post some videos on his channel and get some views, there's nothing with that, the problem are people who suddenly take this video as proof for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Gonna be the same as it is now but worse....zero survivability, zero self healing, zero damage, zero mobility ( yepp, spiritwalker's removed ) .......but but but... we gonna have great AOE so don't worry.

Lets buff chain lightning by 10% and get out of here

I'll probably level and start off as enhance if I play Legion so I can avoid the crap that ele will be at the start of the xpac (since it's been crap at the start of every xpac since Wrath). Were it not for having damn near every rep in the game maxed out on my shaman, I would just main change.

i not thet hyped for it just seems getting worser now theny removed spiritwalker's no blizz just hate shaman i mean come on i know why Always middel but still some mobilty will be nice for some boss thx lot blizz

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Lets buff chain lightning by 10% and get out of here
    Amen to that <3

Shaman should generate maelstrom if they take damage.

Deleted
    Impossible to know, but if the past is the best predictor of the future...well...

It will be worse but its my alt so I don't G.A.F.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    soloing any raid content past cata as ele sounds painful in general.
    I do it all the time, not too bad honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    It's actually really fucking hard to solo Terrace if you're not a self-healing tank class or classes with gimmicks/pets like Hunters, I can guarantee you Mages/Rogues/Warriors would have the same problem. I couldn't solo it past Lei Shi on my 722 Enhancement spec either.

To reiterate wordup's point:

A handful of the Shaman community have a tendency to create really unproductive discussions by acting like total drama queens. It's totally okay to criticise our class and to express disappointment, but your poll is obviously a ploy to complain for the sake of complaining.

It's somewhat embarrassing - WoW forums are already notoriously whiny, and MMO-C is often the same. We should be able to distinguish these forums from the more public forums with more constructive discussions. The silliest part is that Elemental Shaman are, objectively speaking, shaping up to look better in Legion!
    This, this, and this. Especially the bold part. I agree with that from a raiding standpoint, can't speak from a pvp standpoint.