10+ Year Old Account
    JJ Watt may be out for the season after re injuring his back.

Now DPOY voters will actually have to think about who to vote for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    JJ Watt may be out for the season after re injuring his back.

Now DPOY voters will actually have to think about who to vote for.
    Yeah there were reports from Patriots beat writers that had seen him walk to the bus gingerly after the game, and clearly he's not been his usual self so far, so not exactly surprised. I think he probably came back too soon. First reports were that he'd miss the first 4 to 6 weeks, and then suddenly he;s ready week 1? I think he rushed it, which usually isn't smart, especially with back injuries. Back and hamstring injuries linger.

On the DPOY, let's hope it's something that turns into an actual contest, with multiple players keeping a sideways eye on the award and upping their game. This is their one shot as long as Watt is healthy and playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah there were reports from Patriots beat writers that had seen him walk to the bus gingerly after the game, and clearly he's not been his usual self so far, so not exactly surprised. I think he probably came back too soon. First reports were that he'd miss the first 4 to 6 weeks, and then suddenly he;s ready week 1? I think he rushed it, which usually isn't smart, especially with back injuries. Back and hamstring injuries linger.

On the DPOY, let's hope it's something that turns into an actual contest, with multiple players keeping a sideways eye on the award and upping their game. This is their one shot as long as Watt is healthy and playing.
    Yeah, its why Romo is gonna get killed eventually.

After I posted that I realized Von Miller will be their next default.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    After I posted that I realized Von Miller will be their next default.
    Based on how the media regards anything Broncos related (outside of Manning), he will probably have to break the sack record to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dolphins' leading rusher right now is Ryan Tannehill. That's...sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Dolphins' leading rusher right now is Ryan Tannehill. That's...sad.
    Arian Foster still hurt though right?

Been watching some x's and o's break downs of Seahawks offensive plays by Brock Huard... according to him, Russell Wilson and the WRs are changing plays/routes without signals or anything really. Just based off looks. Thats some next level telekinesis mind reading shit right there.

Patriots not signed a back up QB yet. Both QB's were at practice, but apparently Garoppolo still doesn't have full range of motion in his throwing arm/shoulder. Patriots playing dangerous games again it seems, banking on at least 1 of their injured QB's to be ready, even though they seemingly are both still ???'s.
    Good news for the Bills, potentially. Not that I'm in favor of trying to hurt athletes or anything, but if for whatever reason injuries keep cropping up, the Bills might be able to pull this one out if our D shows up like it did against Arizona.

Not holding out much hope for the rematch later in the season with Brady back, although it'd be nice to knock that smug grin off his face.

10+ Year Old Account
    A reminder, the London series of games starts this week, so there's probably a game before the usual games, which means you can have up to four in a row.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rex Ryan is just....he can;t help himself. Sunday he ranted about not caring who the Patriots put at QB, and that he;d go after Belichick if he played QB, Monday he did an excruiatingly bad Belichick impression and today he called into Julian Edelman's press conference with a fake name to ask if he was going to play Quarterback (obviously joking and not trying to hide who he was much).

It's like, dude, you have a game to plan for, what the hell are you doing with all this other nonsense? He's like one of those stereotypical cartoon villains that talks and talks and talks and then is utterly surprised when his evil master plan gets foiled. After all these years and the losses he had as little as 1 year ago, and he still can;t seem to help himself in situations like this.

Rex Ryan is just....he can;t help himself. Sunday he ranted about not caring who the Patriots put at QB, and that he;d go after Belichick if he played QB, Monday he did an excruiatingly bad Belichick impression and today he called into Julian Edelman's press conference with a fake name to ask if he was going to play Quarterback (obviously joking and not trying to hide who he was much).

It's like, dude, you have a game to plan for, what the hell are you doing with all this other nonsense? He's like one of those stereotypical cartoon villains that talks and talks and talks and then is utterly surprised when his evil master plan gets foiled. After all these years and the losses he had as little as 1 year ago, and he still can;t seem to help himself in situations like this.
    True, but people also take his antics way too seriously. No Fun League.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    True, but people also take his antics way too seriously. No Fun League.
    Yeah, I suppose. I guess we're mostly just used to coaches and players only being "allowed" to have fun when they are winning. And even then, how much flak did the Panthers get last year for having fun while winning? So, No Fun League is probably accurate.

Personally just baffles me that he does this when he's had 1 decent win, but also had his OC fired already and is on an obviously short leash himself. Most people I know, me included, would be very quiet and very hard at work in that situation, yet here's Rex taking time out of his day to have some fun with the media.

If he doesn't win this game he's 1-3 and the Patriots 4-0, making it virtually impossible to do anything but win the Wild Card if he wants to get to the Playoffs, you'd think he'd have a sense of urgency and celebrate after he's secured a win against the Patriots and has taken control of his team's fate again.

So I agree that Rex should have fun when he wants to, but in his current situation it just seems out of place.

Against the Cardinals, Rex let his coordinators call plays. I hope he continues doing so. No shame in that.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the Texans looked pretty good this year, they started out well, then they got crushed by the Patriots and Watt goes on IR, thats how quickly things can reverse...

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I thought the Texans looked pretty good this year, they started out well, then they got crushed by the Patriots and Watt goes on IR, thats how quickly things can reverse...
    As long as Fuller gets the ball in open field and Hopkins continues to make circus sideline catches he shouldn't they will probably still win the division, it is pretty horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what the Ravens will do next. They are quietly 3-0, but against teams that are bad, or were at least bad when they played the Ravens. This game against the Raiders should be pretty telling if they are for real or not. If the Ravens can start figuring things out on offense they could make some noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh poops , Dez has a tibial plateau fracture to his right knee. could miss no time or a couple of weeks.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Dez has a tibial plateau fracture to his right knee.
    I'm just going to nod and pretend I know what that means.

Such a shame, yeah. Hope he can play with that, cause that's quite a tricky injury. *nods*

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so looking around a bit, it actually IS a tricky injury. This dude (who's usually VERY reliable, former team physician for NFL team) seems to think it's multi week recovery: https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/s...56483778461696

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news is it seems like Dak is doing well without focusing hard on Dez. Not sure how it will affect coverage, but Dak has been spreading the ball around and his top target so far is... Cole Beasley!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they take it slow, Dez was no good trying to play hurt last year and hate to see it get worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to nod and pretend I know what that means.

Such a shame, yeah. Hope he can play with that, cause that's quite a tricky injury. *nods*

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so looking around a bit, it actually IS a tricky injury. This dude (who's usually VERY reliable, former team physician for NFL team) seems to think it's multi week recovery: https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/s...56483778461696
    I had to ask my wife what it was being a doctor and all lol. I also asked about the recovery time but she wouldn't know without seeing the test results. I go to her for all my fantasy injuries and if I should start or sit someone
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes