Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    It makes a hell of a lot of difference. Beta is a lot more than testing out features and mechanics, it's a stress test on the servers. Big difference when there are a couple of hundred players on a server as opposed to a couple of thousand.
    they are the same servers. they dont actually change from one server to another when they change the name from alpha to beta.. therefore to stress test a server all they need to do is invite a few more people. its not like there is a limit to how many people can be invited to test Legion Alpha.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Keithsabin View Post
    So far in alpha blizzard has released most of the specs and talents of all the classes and weapon artifacts. All the champion halls have been shown!. We are able to travel in 3 different lands to do their quest lines at time it was playable. We have tested out 4 dungeons blizzard has thrown at us. And try out 2 bosses from Emerald Nightmare and 3 bosses in Suramar Palace. Also pvp scales 110 and all their talents.

Sadly right now i can see another month of alpha. Unless blizzard does a mindblowing reveal that full beta is coming soon?. other then that we will have to wait at this current time for more info from blizzard.
    I'm truly sorry, as I make a crap ton of typos left and right myself - so trust me I'm no "grammar or spelling nazi" but I just had to do some corrections as there were just far too many things wrong....but that said thank you for the information.

I also figure alpha is going at least through mid-april.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    they are the same servers. they dont actually change from one server to another when they change the name from alpha to beta.. therefore to stress test a server all they need to do is invite a few more people. its not like there is a limit to how many people can be invited to test Legion Alpha.

Exactly. Thank you for replying to that person with this. I get a kick out of some folks with the terms alpha and beta like there's a world authority that grants some license to allow a company to certify what is alpha or beta. In the world of game development today terms like "alpha" and "beta" are very organic...which is to say its the company themselves that define when and what the terms mean. A game at one dev shop that's called "alpha" might be called "beta" at another. You can certainly stress test in alphas as well, because there again there's no hard and fast rule book or "laws" that state what is alpha and what is beta.

It's just that people cling and relate to the earlier days when the terms were first shared with the public (you have to remember in the early days of software development when the very concept of the PC was new, the general public wasn't ever made aware of something being in "alpha" and most of the times not even in beta...for many years, if not decades, "alpha" was NEVER shared with the general public--it was for people who had a "need to know" interest in the project only....other developers, project managers , etc...) . So from those times to fast forward a couple decades -- many still picture the old school meaning and distinction between alpha and beta....when in reality the line is almost completely blurred...especially how blizzard uses the term.....in how they develop I'd say beta is really just "Alpha: Stage 2".

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been asked many times in our Legion forum. Please use that forum to discuss the upcoming expansion.