Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    The trick lies in self control where you dont talk about racism even when it's right in front of you.
    It's kind of like a those verbal bullies who keep calling you names to lure your attention in order to feel better about themselves at your expense.
    Once you gain enough self control you then gain an ability to choose what offends you and what not.
    If you choose not to be offended by racist remarks than racism will stop being an issue for you altogether.
    That's why white people arent even least bit phased when they're called crackers.
    Racism is more than words. Pretending racism in the justice system doesn't exist won't make it go away. Pretending racism in the job market doesn't exist won't make it go away.

Sticking your head in the sand doesn't solve shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Racism is more than words. Pretending racism in the justice system doesn't exist won't make it go away. Pretending racism in the job market doesn't exist won't make it go away.

Sticking your head in the sand doesn't solve shit.
    To prove any of that you would have to show irrefuitable proof that there is a global conspiracy by those in charge to keep minorities down.
    You cant do that. Existance of Barrack Obama alone who holds arguably the strongest position on this planet is proof in of itself.
    If minorities still have problems despite such backing, then perhaps its not racism from majority that is holding those minorities down?
    Since I mention US It's also worth noticing that minorities like Asians or Hispanic dont seem to have as many issues as let's say... blacks. Why is that?

It's not deragatory to look at oneself and ask brutal soul destroying questions about your place in the world or wether its you being born on the wrong side of atlantic.

Nope, 3am is toooooo late for the whole "there's no systemic racism in America" bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    There's a point where you're only left with two options, let the religions continue what they are already doing or revolt against them and get rid of them. It's not more moral to let them continue what they're doing.
    Trying to kill an idea by force, especially one rooted in belief, is the surest route to failure.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This is a shaky ground. When I say, "Black people averagely have lower salary in the US than white people", it is not racism, it is just a fact coming from certain surveys and statistics. However, when I say, "Black people averagely have lower salary in the US than white people, because black people are less intelligent" - it gets very close to racism. I'd say it depends on whether you consider these connections to be correlative or causative. If you say, "Black people have lower salary averagely, because history, etc., etc.", "Black people are better at running averagely, because genes, etc., etc." - that is fine. But saying, "Black people have lower salary because they are black", or "Black people are better at running because they are black" - this is kinda racist.

The problem is, political correctness principle makes many people always suspect the worst assumptions behind people's words, so you can be labeled racist even when you were actually speaking out against racism by mocking it.
    I agree with the "shaky ground" part. However, (at least based on this show) black people could run better because they are black. This would label it racist today.

You could say that black people run better because a specific gene that makes you run faster is found on average more abundantly in blacks. This "might" dodge the racism bullet but if you replace "better running" with some inferior attribute then you would be racist 100%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksight View Post
    Trying to kill an idea by force, especially one rooted in belief, is the surest route to failure.
    Not at all. The khmer rouge was well on their way for it, as was soviet and other marxist states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holas View Post
    I agree with the "shaky ground" part. However, (at least based on this show) black people could run better because they are black. This would label it racist today.

You could say that black people run better because a specific gene that makes you run faster is found on average more abundantly in blacks. This "might" dodge the racism bullet but if you replace "better running" with some inferior attribute then you would be racist 100%.
    I think it also depends on the intent of your message. If you, say, are talking about sports and discussing while in short distance running black males prevail, this discussion wouldn't have anything to do with either racism or sexism. But if you say that universities shouldn't accept black people for PhD studies because black people averagely have a lower IQ, then that is clearly racism. If your intent isn't malicious or harming, then it is fine to say, pretty much, whatever you want on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Racism is a word that used to mean something. Now, it is a buzzword used by a certain subset of the population to shut up the opposition and demonize their point of view without having to counter it. It doesn't matter what is said, you simply have to call them racist and their opinion suddenly doesn't matter. And sadly, it's becoming worse and worse everyday. "All Lives Matter" is now being called racist speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I think it also depends on the intent of your message. If you, say, are talking about sports and discussing while in short distance running black males prevail, this discussion wouldn't have anything to do with either racism or sexism. But if you say that universities shouldn't accept black people for PhD studies because black people averagely have a lower IQ, then that is clearly racism. If your intent isn't malicious or harming, then it is fine to say, pretty much, whatever you want on the subject.
    What you say makes total sense and I wish this is how people would treat "racism" but they don't.

Here is the vid that its topic has been closed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SJNVb0GnPI

Yes, the points it bring are harsh, you can agree with them or try to refute them. I personally did not find any "malicious" intent. However, the point I try to make is not even if this vid represent the truth or not - its whether it should be discussed or not and apparently it shouldn't, so we have only one opinion (the PC one) because any other opinion is "illegal".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Why is the "racist" tag so easily applied to people?

For example, I'm not a racist, not at all, but I do like making fun of racial stereotypes and I don't mind when people make fun of my race's stereotypes. Yet it seems that if I do that, I get labeled as a racist. Why? How does that work?

Shouldn't there be some sort of clear differentiation between being racially "snarky" and being an outright racist?

For example, I was on a FB page and someone posted a picture of a black Jesus, to which I replied, "Oh look, father gets someone pregnant and bails. Makes more sense than white Jesus", pointing at the racial stereotype that lots of black men in the USA bail on their family, a racial stereotype that some comedy shows also point at, mind you. Yet, I was called a racist.

Being called a racist these days seems to be like being called a troll just for not agreeing with someone's opinion on a public forum.

It is my opinion that the vast majority that use the word to attack folks really have no clue what the real definition of the word is and they see it as such a vile attack they think its surely to silence their opposition. When in reality it detracts from those things that really are racist.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Most people who are tagged as "racist" while making racial stereotypes are racists. The tag is accurate representation of reality.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-03-06 at 11:48 AM.

The worst problem I have is that most people around me cannot tell the difference between racism and xenophobia.

Racism, IMO, is not necessarily strictly defined to hatred towards the lesser races: there are many instances of slave-owners caring for their slaves, but the slave-owners were never for a second in doubt about their superiority. I also see much of today's left-wing as racists, which will never hold the citizens of the south-earstern Asian and African nations responsible for their own actions, but instead blame Europe, America or China for being 'the puppet masters'. To the left wing, it couldn't possible be poor-descision making which they are themselves responsible for. Not because the left-wing hates these people, but because it does see them as mere drones just standing by to be manipulated by the evil white men. That's what's so insidious about racism imo: it takes on many forms, only the feeling of superioty being a common denominator.

Xenophobia, however, is IMO often a wise thing. It does not relate to racism as it does not differentiate people on skin color, genetics or anything: it's merely the apprehension towards foreign culture. IMO a wise thing these days. For instance; I do not consider myself a bad person for being xenophobic towards the wahabist arab culture just as England, Poland and France were - rightfully so - xenophobic towards the new German culture that arose through the 1930's >;D. Who can blame them??
    Last edited by Pengekaer; 2016-03-06 at 11:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

/10char

Why is the "racist" tag so easily applied to people?

For example, I'm not a racist, not at all, but I do like making fun of racial stereotypes and I don't mind when people make fun of my race's stereotypes. Yet it seems that if I do that, I get labeled as a racist. Why? How does that work?

Shouldn't there be some sort of clear differentiation between being racially "snarky" and being an outright racist?

For example, I was on a FB page and someone posted a picture of a black Jesus, to which I replied, "Oh look, father gets someone pregnant and bails. Makes more sense than white Jesus", pointing at the racial stereotype that lots of black men in the USA bail on their family, a racial stereotype that some comedy shows also point at, mind you. Yet, I was called a racist.

Being called a racist these days seems to be like being called a troll just for not agreeing with someone's opinion on a public forum.
    But what you said was actually racist.

I agree that the words "racist" and "sexist" get thrown around way too much now but that was an actual racist thing you said.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a shaky ground. When I say, "Black people averagely have lower salary in the US than white people", it is not racism, it is just a fact coming from certain surveys and statistics. However, when I say, "Black people averagely have lower salary in the US than white people, because black people are less intelligent" - it gets very close to racism. I'd say it depends on whether you consider these connections to be correlative or causative. If you say, "Black people have lower salary averagely, because history, etc., etc.", "Black people are better at running averagely, because genes, etc., etc." - that is fine. But saying, "Black people have lower salary because they are black", or "Black people are better at running because they are black" - this is kinda racist.

The problem is, political correctness principle makes many people always suspect the worst assumptions behind people's words, so you can be labeled racist even when you were actually speaking out against racism by mocking it.
    Saying "black people have lower salaries on average because they are less intelligent" is not "getting close to racist", it is racist.
    Beta Club Brosquad

If you honestly expected a different response, either you don't get out much or you live somewhere with a lot of casual racism.

Try making that joke in public and see what reaction you get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    The trick lies in self control where you dont talk about racism even when it's right in front of you.
    It's kind of like a those verbal bullies who keep calling you names to lure your attention in order to feel better about themselves at your expense.
    Once you gain enough self control you then gain an ability to choose what offends you and what not.
    If you choose not to be offended by racist remarks than racism will stop being an issue for you altogether.
    That's why white people arent even least bit phased when they're called crackers.
    Maybe because there's absolutely no substance behind that slur. When you call a black American a nigger, there's centuries of oppression and slavery behind it. When you call a white American a cracker, it's comical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Saying "black people have lower salaries on average because they are less intelligent" is not "getting close to racist", it is racist.
    Unless if its correct. Just like Black people run faster or play basketball better. Maybe we should force every basketball team in NBA to have the black/white population ratio? I mean we don't want to be racist and have most of them black don't we?

Keep in mind I am NOT claiming black people are less intelligent on average (=I found out most people don't really understand this word) , I am saying that if you can't even discuss it then with "racist" you already won every argument to start with. No scientific debate needs to take place as its already "decided". It is quite similar to "god created earth" when debating with a religious dude, if it is already "decided" then no amount of proofs can convince otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    mate numbers are not racist

the numbers may not be PC
    but they are definitely not racist
    I don't think you know what some of those words mean. Saying black people have lower salaries on average is not the racist part. Ascribing it to "lower intelligence" is the racist part.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless if its correct. Just like Black people run faster or play basketball better. Maybe we should force every basketball team in NBA to have the black/white population ratio? I mean we don't want to be racist and have most of them black don't we?

Keep in mind I am NOT claiming black people are less intelligent on average (=I found out most people don't really understand this word) , I am saying that if you can't even discuss it then with "racist" you already won every argument to start with. No scientific debate needs to take place as its already "decided". It is quite similar to "god created earth" when debating with a religious dude, if it is already "decided" then no amount of proofs can convince otherwise.
    Is there any evidence that black people are innately less intelligent than any other race? No, therefore saying "black people make less money because they are less intelligent than other races" is a racist statement because it ascribes a certain quality to a certain race that is not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you honestly expected a different response, either you don't get out much or you live somewhere with a lot of casual racism.

Try making that joke in public and see what reaction you get.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe because there's absolutely no substance behind that slur. When you call a black American a nigger, there's centuries of oppression and slavery behind it. When you call a white American a cracker, it's comical.
    It's really not even worth arguing with people that think that calling a white person a cracker is the same thing as calling a black person a nigger. If someone is arguing that point then I think that tells you all you need to know about them.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I don't think you know what some of those words mean. Saying black people have lower salaries on average is not the racist part. Ascribing it to "lower intelligence" is the racist part.
    If you simply make up this reason (lower intelligence) and ascribe it to the fact (lower salaries) then you are correct. However, what he meant is difference IQ test in which always black population have 15 less points than white (and asians have more than white). You could argue that IQ doesn't measure intelligence or that the tests were biased, or that some racist bastard lowered black people tests, whatever. However IF one would believe those tests - it could be a perfectly logical reason if one argue that higher IQ = higher salary.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any evidence that black people are innately less intelligent than any other race? No, therefore saying "black people make less money because they are less intelligent than other races" is a racist statement because it ascribes a certain quality to a certain race that is not true.
    Check my post number 52 where I link a vid. Watch it till the end (16 mins).
    Without any evidence, I totally agree with you.

If you simply make up this reason (lower intelligence) and ascribe it to the fact (lower salaries) then you are correct. However, what he meant is difference IQ test in which always black population have 15 less points than white (and asians have more than white). You could argue that IQ doesn't measure intelligence or that the tests were biased, or that some racist bastard lowered black people tests, whatever. However IF one would believe those tests - it could be a perfectly logical reason if one argue that higher IQ = higher salary.

- - - Updated - - -

Check my post number 52 where I link a vid. Watch it till the end (16 mins).
    Without any evidence, I totally agree with you.
    Lmao your evidence is a video from a white supremacist group. Do you have any Stormfront links for us too?
    Beta Club Brosquad

The word "racist" - at least on MMO-C OT, is used as the end-all ad hominem for debates. Some posters (Not naming a certain someone) will play word games to draw someone into making a statement based on personal observation and anecdote - to which they then go "RACIST RACIST RACIST this debate is over le +1 win for me". Its lost meaning. Even if said person who made anecdotal statement does so in a neutral or passive manner. Such as "I drove through the colored part of town and noticed a lot of Neighborhood Watch signs".