Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If they don't understand it, it just goes over their head and that's that. By your own admission it does no harm, so there's no reason to wait.
    Something having no harm does not mean it does not need to wait. It's like saying "oh you could teach a 8 year old the road Rules, why not give them a license at the same age"

Sure there is no harm in them knowing the rules, but understanding them properly or even needing them at that point of their life is just pointless.

I would argue though that teaching minors about sex would likely lead to them trying to have sex earlier.

Also if they don't understand it and it just goes over their head at that age why would you bother even funding it. Would be a waste of money.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not at 5 years old, that is for sure.

Deleted
    What resources are being wasted exactly?

They take time out of their regular macaroni necklace lessons?

I think you guys are trying to make this an issue just because the topic makes you uncomfortable. It's not an issue.[
    What? The topic makes me uncomfortable? You can't be serious, I'm bi myself. I just don't think kids at that age would be able to fully comprehend what's going on with LGBT stuff and such. It's better to not waste the resources and instead put it at an age where they can comprehend it.

And someone said it's going to cost 7 million. That's 7 million wasted.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-03-06 at 12:52 PM.

I think you guys are trying to make this an issue just because the topic makes you uncomfortable. It's not an issue.
    I just don't think this is an issue worth bringing up in Kindergarten. They are all still in the "ew boys/girls" phase and I doubt they would understand anything that people are telling them anyways. At best they'll remember some parts of it, and that's more counterproductive imo. You don't need to question your sexuality if you have not developed one yet, that just screams issues.

Just teach kids in Kindergarten to not be a dick to each other, everything else can wait.
    Last edited by Cyberowl; 2016-03-06 at 01:24 PM.

I think kindergarten is not a good place for this, my first sex ed was in primary school (Grundschule in germany, I think it was the 4th year) and it was good that way, I still remember it today . Kindergarten kids are too young to even understand whats going on, let them be kids and play while they learn to socialize with other kids.

You also have to think about the cultural background of the kid /families. I remember that many turkish background kids (females) werent allowed to attent sex ed classes, their fathers were very loud about that . Could happen with christian fanatics too.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-03-06 at 01:30 PM.

The public school system is controlled by the democrat party and they will warp the school curriculum to promote the party instead of teaching kills valuable skills. The goal is not to teach them about sex but to teach them republicans are bad for their views on sex. When they reach that point, when they fill their little hearts for hatred for one party, then they stop right there. They will only go so far as to educate them on talking points they think they can use later for an election down the road when they are of voting age.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-03-06 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a beat up.

I'm an Australian, with a child in Kindergarden.

Some religious nut jobs are worried about anti-bullying measures and programs and are responding with the old 'zomg they are trying to make our kids gay!'

Like it's a cold and you catch it. And like it's any issue if a child is gay.

My own daughter's teachers already teach the kids about bullying, and any parent worth their salt should too.

Even the article the OP links contradicts what he says. Just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    The public school system is controlled by the democrat party and they will warp the school curriculum to promote the party instead of teaching kills valuable skills. The goal is not to teach them about sex but to teach them republicans are bad for their views on sex. When they reach that point, when they fill their little hearts for hatred for one party, then they stop right there. They will only go so far as to educate them on talking points they think they can use later for an election down the road when they are of voting age.
    In Australia? Damn son, your geography sucks... at least you showed you don't care about facts but partisan bashing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    teach the kids about bullying, and any parent worth their salt should too.
    a little bit of bullying is natural in a social hierarchy of people but its when it gets out of hand is when it becomes an issue.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    It's really amazing how politically blinded you are that you have to rush to bash Democrats in a country they have zero control over because it fits your idea of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It's really amazing how politically blinded you are that you have to rush to bash Democrats in a country they have zero control over because it fits your idea of reality.
    Zero control... please. Mansplaining time: Democrats are part of the Illuminati, they export their homogay propaganda to other countries all the time. I mean, it's pathological conservative victimhood bullshit 101. How comes you don't know the basics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Zero control... please. Mansplaining time: Democrats are part of the Illuminati, they export their homogay propaganda to other countries all the time. I mean, it's pathological conservative victimhood bullshit 101. How comes you don't know the basics?
    oh shit, the patriarchy goes further than i thought.. they've infiltrated the democrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    oh shit, the patriarchy goes further than i thought.. they've infiltrated the democrats!!
    Well, in a sense. Both democrats and patriarchy are only tools of the lizardmen ruling the Illuminati, so of course there are parallels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Pretty much all the sources linked here are very right-wing media organisations. Their bias is very well known in Australia.

Regardless, the idea of teaching kids that some people dress or act differently in their formative years is a good thing. As we all know, changing the opinions and attitudes of people is much harder the older they are. As Aristotle said "give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man"

"Mummy, why is my g-spot up my ass?"

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    "Mummy, why is my g-spot up my ass?"
    "Because dearie, that's the way God made you"

Sounds abit early.. Shouldn't being a kid be about having fun and no worries? Why teach them about sexuality, thats so weird