Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So is the thread about watermelons or micro-compliments? I'm lost .

Compliments it is I suppose. I like your username, Thunderaan was an awesome boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I don't terribly mind the stereotypes, they're a source of good jokes and none of my acquaintances takes them seriously. I don't mind at all being related to the Colombian stereotype. In a sense, one might even take advantage of the stereotype: by debunking it with acts, one can make a better image of oneself without putting that much effort into it. At least that's what I've seen from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    How about it liberals, can we have some micro-compliments and less micro-aggressions?
    But what has this all to do with liberals?

As someone who isn't a black person, but prefers chicken to other meat and loves watermelons, I'm not sure how to feel about this.

I guess black people have a great taste in food? Is this considered a "good stereotype" then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    but the peas are terrible.
    WHAT!?!?!?!

You must have eaten at a really bad restaurant for them to mess up black eyed peas.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Okay, personally I don't get why the watermelon chicken eating black is somehow a negative stereotype. (Well okay that's a lie, I do know why, but I think it's a stupid reason made by cry-baby SJWs.)

Exhibit A: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/266886.php

Watermelon: Health Benefits and Nutritional Information

I would love to eat more watermelons but personally I don't particularly enjoy watermelons. I just can't get used to the taste easily. I envy people who can eat a lot of watermelons because they'll probably be more healthy than me (also garlic, now that I REALLY can't stand, I have 0 tolerance for that taste). How about it liberals, can we have some micro-compliments and less micro-aggressions?
    It was offensive way before the "cry-baby SJWs", label even existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonite View Post
    Pretty sure every stereotype (assuming it isnt a flat out lie) is a generalisation, and diminishes people to a caricature, highlighting only the most noticable features of the group. Even positive stereotypes, like asians being very smart, are damaging. Im not really sure what you mean with micro-compliments, but compliment people on who they are, not on generalisations based on a small part of them.
    I find it silly to ignore stereotypes, I think it's just smart if you don't base your final judgement on something as silly.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    So in micro amounts and in a moderately secure environment with good friends they know well?

Or something got lost in translation...
    Like the chicken has LSD on it. Sort of a futurama joke but it was prob a thing before that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_30%25_Iron_Chef