Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

"What do you think Christianity did back in the day?"

"What do you think Christianity did back in the day?"
    A quote from another thread, but I see this more often. Sometimes when there's a news article about what ever religion doing something wrong, one brings up Christianity's past.

But what did Christianity do, then?

It teaches that the world is rotten because people sin. It teaches that all sinners are criminals, and that there is no sinless person on this planet. He who says he never sins, lies on the spot, which is another sin.

The biblical definition of sin is "Transgression of the Law". What law? God's law, or the 10 commandments. Don't kill, don't steal, don't lie, don't blaspheme, honour your parents and love your neighbours etc.

Jesus in fact came to establish this law to another, but very fair level. He said that those who look upon another with sexual lust has commited adultry within his heart. Those who hate another has commited murder in his heart.

Christianity then teaches that the wages of sin is death. Because people break the ten commandments, we've such a messed up world (think about all the wars. They really aren't like in the hollywood movies but more scary than horror movies imo. It's ridiculous and sick what happens in war countries) or famine countries, which are just as messed up as war countries (and sadly they tend to go hand in hand too..)

Now if one person would repent from his sins, he won't better the world. That is not the point though. The point is that if you sin, you're on the enemy his side, or in other words, the side that rots this world.

Christianity teaches that you can do NOTHING whatsoever by yourself to avoid this punishment of being thrown into hell, except for asking Jesus for forgiveness, repent from your sins and accept Jesus' his gift which is open for ALL to take.

Jesus died on the cross to pay with his own blood for your sins. Jesus will never force you to choose his side, but always stands with open arms to anyone who wants to accept this great gift of eternal life in heaven.

Once you do that, he changes your heart into a renewed state and begins to reason with your concious again to do good and let the wicked actions aside.

Then you can show that you appreciate Jesus' sacrifice by doing good deeds. It's not like your good deeds can get you into heaven, but only by Jesus' graceful gift.

So you don't get saved by works but by Jesus alone.

This above, is the so called gospel of Christianity. You can believe me or not, but I've been studying this matter for a long while now along with my KJV bible and the Dutch version of it.

So to sum it up, Christianity did nothing bad in the past, not in the present and not in the future. People and their sins do, and even so the love of God can forgive all and bring you into heaven, no matter if you're a small sinner or a great sinner.

Now I know that the Catholic Church and its wings such as the Knight's of Malta, who call theirselves a Christian army, or the Jesuit Order, also known as the Order of Jesus, have done wicked things in the past. But that's because they did not stay true to Christianity and sinned (lying and stealing and murdering and much, much worse than all of that). And I know it's not just the Vatican, that you also have the mormons etc... but they're simply not sticking to the true Christian teachings.

See Christianity as the spoon in the following scenario. A spoon is very good and useful. See the wicked deeds commited in the name of Christianity like a person who got unhealthily fat by eating too much. You don't blame the spoon, don't blame Christianity here either.

I also mean, a wicked person can claim he is a Christian and go about murdering people while shouting bible verses, but that doesn't make him actually a Christian.

Now whether you think the same applies to other religions etc, I got my thoughts on that but that is not the intention of this thread. I just hope that people could atleast assume they might have some misconceptions about Christianity and dig a little into it to increase their understanding.

Now please don't flame or what ever. I guess some might recognize me from previous posts and do not like me but I'm genuinely curious what you think of what I wrote. Surely, if what I wrote is true, Christianity can only be good?

With all of that said, I wish you all a great sunday evening!

Infracted for Forbidden Topics.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-03-06 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure religious threads aren't allowed. This seems like just asking for trouble.

15+ Year Old Account
    For such a long answer you do a good job avoiding anything resembling a relevant answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHEN POSTING...
    ...keep in mind the post contents/subjects that are not allowed:
    • Religion

I'll give this thread 10 minutes tops before it's locked.

Deleted
    Have you not read what I wrote, Oneway?

Edit: I mean, I mentioned in my thread what you spoke of and explained it.

Edit: And you are COMPLETELY RIGHT, Oneway. Man cannot judge another man. But God will judge man, and that is what Christianity tries to tell you.

You see, it's not like Christian people are perfect flowers. Let me take myself as an example.

I became a Christian (other than because I studied it) EXACTLY because of my sins. ALL christians are SINNERS TOO! That's why they are Christian, because they want to be saved by Jesus Christ on judgement day ^^
    Last edited by mmoc1feb3cac1d; 2016-03-06 at 06:12 PM.

You should use private messages if you want to discuss a particular response. No need to make a thread about it.

I think your posts are still full of fallacies.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vmeisters View Post
    Have you not read what I wrote, Oneway?

Edit: I mean, I mentioned in my thread what you spoke of and explained it.
    Your entire post is based on semantics, "they did X which makes them clearly not Christian", while ignoring the fact that if Christianity wasn't a thing they wouldn't have had their justification for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell, might as well before its locked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_violence

But to list a few examples

The crusades
    Violence against african american slaves
    Violence against homosexuals
    Violence against other religous groups
    Nunneries who tortured young women and sold their children to pay for their own living
    Child molestation covered up by the church
    The witch hunts of the 1600s

or we got a list here

http://www.seesharppress.com/20reasons.html
    Last edited by Trassk; 2016-03-06 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    Your entire post is based on semantics, "they did X which makes them clearly not Christian", while ignoring the fact that if Christianity wasn't a thing they wouldn't have had their justification for it.
    Well the thing is that Satan masquerades as an angel of Light. He wants to destroy all those who are loyal to God, so what better way then to actually "become" them and mess up their reputation etc?

I'm one of the few religious people on MMO-C and they infract me when I defend religion so have fun with your circle jerk.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    What the hell, might as well before its locked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_violence

But to list a few examples

The crusades
    Violence against african american slaves
    Violence against homosexuals
    Violence against other religous groups
    Nunneries who tortured young women and sold their children to pay for their own living
    Child molestation covered up by the church
    The witch hunts of the 1600s
    You have not read what I said either. I have talked of that and explained it.

Now I know that the Catholic Church and its wings such as the Knight's of Malta, who call theirselves a Christian army, or the Jesuit Order, also known as the Order of Jesus, have done wicked things in the past. But that's because they did not stay true to Christianity and sinned (lying and stealing and murdering and much, much worse than all of that). And I know it's not just the Vatican, that you also have the mormons etc... but they're simply not sticking to the true Christian teachings.

See Christianity as the spoon in the following scenario. A spoon is very good and useful. See the wicked deeds commited in the name of Christianity like a person who got unhealthily fat by eating too much. You don't blame the spoon, don't blame Christianity here either.

I also mean, a wicked person can claim he is a Christian and go about murdering people while shouting bible verses, but that doesn't make him actually a Christian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the thing is that Satan masquerades as an angel of Light. He wants to destroy all those who are loyal to God, so what better way then to actually "become" them and mess up their reputation etc?
    If you want to have a legitimate discussion you can't bring fantasy into it.

The greatest trick Satan ever pulled was making everyone believe he is the current God.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    You have not read what I said either. I have talked of that and explained it.
    oh the no true scotsman fallacy

Deleted
    If you want to have a legitimate discussion you can't bring fantasy into it.
    He made an arguement and I replied with what Christians think. Think of that what you want ^^ it is reality to me.

- - - Updated - - -

All I am saying, if a Christian for example murders a homosexual, then the CHRISTIAN GOD HIMSELF will throw that Christian into hell. Because that Christian didn't behave like a Christian, such as the gospel in the bible teaches.

Christianity cannot kill people etc. It's a way of life of love and all that springs forth of love.

People their sins is what kills people.

Edit: So if you want justice you will prosecute "Christianity" and not the people who actually did the wicked deeds that go AGAINST christianity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder when he'll realise religious threads are against the rules

10+ Year Old Account
    He made an arguement and I replied with what Christians think. Think of that what you want ^^ it is reality to me.
    But it shows your entire thread is based on a fantasy basically rendering it moot. Not exactly sure what the point of you trying to defend your religion when you should know most people know that it isn't based on any facts. It's not reality to the majority of people and so it isn't a good way to go about it's defense.

All I am saying, if a Christian for example murders a homosexual, then the CHRISTIAN GOD HIMSELF will throw that Christian into hell. Because that Christian didn't behave like a Christian, such as the gospel in the bible teaches.

Christianity cannot kill people etc. It's a way of life of love and all that springs forth of love.

People their sins is what kills people.
    So being good is because "Christian values" and being bad is because the Devil, yes very well thought out and convincing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess you know exactly what all christians think and they all think the exact same way you do.

Again, no true scotsman.