Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Banchou View Post
    I think is more tag system fault than anything else on the OP post.

All these problems he/she pointed don't exists on GW2 because it have shared tag on almost everything so you don't mind having 10 people doing the same event, for example. While on WoW on most open world situations, having people from your faction at your side trying to do the same thing = trouble.
    Open tag and shared nodes would help, but wouldn't do much for the game.

WTB Few servers that is not merged or CRZ

Deleted
    There's no magical reason for people being selfish d'ckbags.

Some always were, always will be. Just as toxic people will be too weak to realize their weakness.

Would be nice to have a comfort in saying that "But there was a reason to why people are such incompetent, toxic d'cks".

But nope, always been like that, always will be like that.

Deleted
    Personally,

I think this discussion ended with post #2. A person I rarely agree with but that aside.

CRZ is a necessity considering that the populace is multiple times smaller from the days of BC/Wrath whilst we still have the same amount of servers to choose from.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ doesn't make people more or less of an asshole.

I doubt realm communities made -that- many people hide their assholery. If they were an asshole, that means they probably didn't care to show it off and let the world know they were an asshole, otherwise they probably wouldn't be one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Because it's not an actual issue
    I beg to differ. When I create a kazzak group it takes ages to find members that actually STAY in the group. Sooo annoying.

Keep in mind, before CRZ some realms looked like this when you /who 1-90

Not much fun here...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    CRZ doesn't make people more or less of an asshole.

I doubt realm communities made -that- many people hide their assholery. If they were an asshole, that means they probably didn't care to show it off and let the world know they were an asshole, otherwise they probably wouldn't be one.
    community nurturing is an important aspect of any community based media. Just letting them be assholes because people are innately assholes when unmoderated is not an excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

CRZ did start some animosity between servers, but tbh, the community went down the toilet in wotlk with LFG, then LFR was overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I beg to differ. When I create a kazzak group it takes ages to find members that actually STAY in the group. Sooo annoying.
    Still doesn't sound like an issue.

Deleted
    dont think its CRZ fault . but sure it increases the changes of dicks you find (there were always dicks . now more than in vanilla clearly)
    when i join world bosses if the leader isn't close to the boss , i leave (and when i lead those groups i kick retards who ask for summon or dont move)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishiyumi View Post
    when i join world bosses if the leader isn't close to the boss , i leave (and when i lead those groups i kick retards who ask for summon or dont move)
    I'm always at Kazzak when I create a group and I am always flying there manually. Still the chat gets spammed with join/leave ... esp from russian players.

CRZ have atleast something to do with it. But is it the main culprit? Not by a long shot.

LFX has everything to do with it. Ofcourse not the system itself but the crossrealm invites it facilitates. If it was server only, it wouldn't be a problem.
    Then if you would walk outside your garrison, you wouldn't see anyone since most realms are ghost-servers.

So on one hand, Blizzard has effectively destroyed our community by making everyone anonymous. On the other hand they have given us the illusion that our server is crowded and we are in a living breathing flourishing world.

Why is it an illusion, you might ask?
    Well I am not in the habit of giving out my realID to just anyone. Maybe that is my problem. So if I have a good experience, I won't add them to my friendslist just "like that". So I see all these potential "friends" but they aren't really. I won't ever see them again... They are now a "small maybe has the potential of a friend". Meanwhile those same people can act as asses without any accountability. And people who would normally not be asses, become asses just because they have had enough experiences with said asses and are fed up.

LFX used to be great during WOTLK. It wasn't crossrealm and actually "just convenient". No longer needing to shout in trade. Teleporting to the dungeon right away. (while I would have arguments against teleportation towards dungeons) - this was all awesome. Then it became crossrealm and everything went into the shitter.

Is Blizzard responsible? Are we as players responsible?
    Personally I loathe people on these boards who just ignore basis human behavior and say that "players are responsible". Closest thing to come to some form of analogy would be stealing. A saying is: "The opportunity makes the thief." . In WoW opportunity makes the asshole. So if Blizzard gives us the tools/opportunity to be assholes, some will be.
    Some people on these boards will say: "Yeah but there used to be assholes even before LFX!!!". I won't deny that. And I don't deny that thieves also exist without " opportunity. For some people just lack good morals and feel like they can just steal " because...". But as told hundreds of times, we did police our own server quite a bit.

I honestly wouldn't know how this was done in the "casual" world. But if you were a known troll in the raider community, good luck in keeping raiding. Good luck with ANYTHING groupbased basically.
    On my server you also had a well known scammer called: Shadesoul (don't bother editing, this was during Vanilla and he quit during TBC). He was known immensely throughout the server, yet he was able to not be banned for some reason. I don't think he ever got into a party, yet kept scamming. He became a running gag on our server and mostly only "noobs" got themselves scammed. Which in turn made the server laugh. Not sure why I am telling you this. But atleast it was a good time.

In the end:
    Unless Blizzard TRULY merges our servers (yes we will have name issues), we cannot have it that way anymore. Blizzard choose to put a bandaid on the problem and creating a new one (anonymity/non accountability = bad community). There are ofcourse other reasons aswell as to why the community has changed so much. But they all have far less impact on the community per issue then LFX has had.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been levelling a couple of new characters while I've been working on Loremaster, since I can't raid atm. Not really had any negative experiences with CRZ, it's just unusual that now we see people in low level zones. Everything is as it was while I levelled in TBC, mostly you just avoid each other, occasionally get a group invite; then accept or decline depending on your quest progress.

I think if there's a problem, it's the 'rush to end game' attitude that's instilled in levelling play; if you're not there intrinsically to enjoy the questing and adventure in and of itself, and it's merely a 'wall to climb over' on the way, then people "stealing your quest mobs/items" is going to feel frustrating. You're blaming CRZ for putting those people there to steal your stuff, but that stuff isn't actually yours to begin with.

I'm always at Kazzak when I create a group and I am always flying there manually. Still the chat gets spammed with join/leave ... esp from russian players.
    They just use open groups to realmhop and find rares. Many do that. Crossrealm Assist is a tool that helps you doing that. Just don't have auto-invite groups.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

To be honest: why design a game in a way that breeds animosity between players? Why make players compete and fight over resources and quest mobs/clicky stuff? It's idiotic.

FF-XIV has none of that (personal gathering nodes / open tag system - as long as you get enough damage in you get credit).

I hate questing in Tanaan on low geared alts because killing mobs gives so little progress and some player always snatches the "clicky stuff" away while you whittle down the mob HP. Takes forever to finish a bonus target unless you get lucky with rares.
    I played FFXIV from beta until a few months ago. I liked how nodes and quest mobs are handled in that game. Also, FATE farming gets a lot of shit in that game because it's a zerg and doesn't teach you how to perform well in structured group content. However, it's great from a social aspect. You get more exp being in a group versus participating solo. Some of the funnest people I met in that game were in hunt and FATE groups. The endgame community in that game feels somewhat small because there is no cross server. There's an upside to this because it's easy to find competent players to pug. I liked being able to get into any pug I wanted based on rep. However, blackballing people for stupid reasons occurs. I had a friend, who is a phenomenal player, go through a lot of drama because he won a roll on a mount versus a vindictive asshole in a prominent free company on the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree.

I think CRZ has helped to get players to socialize more and has definitely helped servers feel more full of life and vibrant.

No the real reason there is toxic and everyone is unsubbing is because you can still get the Red Protodrake mount. So people are quitting because it's too accessible. They should remove the red protodrake and everyone would come back to the game to stare at other people's Red Protodrake.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    You ding level10 and enter your first CRZ zone and try to quest. You see mobs for your quest and go to tag it, some player steals it. This keeps happening, player after player keeps stealing your quest mobs. You start to think of how to solve this problem - you get an idea! You should invite these people to your group and share credit! You try to, invitation declined. Invitation declined. Decline after decline, no one wants to group up. You start to get frustrated.
    Quest after quest, this just keeps happening. You start to dislike seeing other players. They're taking your mobs, they're taking your quest items, they're gathering your nodes. You hate seeing other players.
    Here is the problems. You think they are yours. They are not. They are questing. They are farming. They have every right to those mobs that you need.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    This is why people treat players badly, this is why so many people are rude. The game causes it, due to CRZ's awful design.
    If you really think this happens on CRZ. This happens on every highly populated servers at the start of any XP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but this makes NO sense. There have always been people to compete for mobs/objectives in the game. CRZ simply helps out low population servers, or old zones that don't have a lot of traffic. If you don't want to deal with other players while you are trying to complete your quests, farming, etc I don't think an MMO is for you. I have no problem with people who want to solo through the content, I do that a lot of the time. But I can't complain about it and ask that Blizzard change their multiplayer game style to suit my anti-multiplayer needs, it makes no sense.