Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might look at the S5 neo. It's basically an S5 (including waterproofing (this was the big selling point for me) and SD slot) with S6 internals. I personally bought one back in November and have been quite happy with it.
    Last edited by Masark; 2016-03-08 at 05:45 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you order the Nexus 5X through Project Fi, you can pay it off at $8.30 - $10.40 per month for two years. Just follow the link and request an invite to the plan. They usually send out the invites on Mondays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Might look at the S5 neo. It's basically an S5 (including waterproofing (this was the big selling point for me) and SD slot) with S6 internals.
    No it isn't. The S5 NEO has a Exynos 7580 which is the SoC of the Galaxy A7. It's a mid-range chip with 8 Cortex-A53 cores which are designed not to have high performance but to have incredible efficiency. The 7420 of the S6 has a 4xA57 cluster, and a 4xA53 cluster. It's a SoC that tried to give you performance when you need but keeps the efficiency up when you don't need.

It's also manufactured at 28nm HKMG and not 14nm FinFet like the 7420. They're not comparable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I would take the circuit board from the Nexus 5 and soak it in Isopropyl Alcohol over night and assemble it again to see if that fixes the power button. Might also fix the random reset issue. Use something like 91%+ Alcohol. Obviously give the board some time to dry.

Ok I gotta go find that stuff. I've actually taken the phone apart twice and tried fidgeting with the button but to no avail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Ok I gotta go find that stuff. I've actually taken the phone apart twice and tried fidgeting with the button but to no avail.
    Most likely some junk got inside the button and it's messing with it. I've done that with an iPhone 6 and it worked. The guys in the video used some sort of Electronics Lubricant which also works magic. I would say go to Radio Shack but they're dead.

Huawei has some pretty nice phone

Moto X line is good. LG is the king of the midrange phone...(they are working themselves to be top shelf) Current gen Nexus phones are riding the line between top-end and midrange.

The Galaxy s5 is probably the top of the low-end phones just due to it being two generations removed from current. Wait a month or two and the s6/edge is going to come down big time in cost.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely some junk got inside the button and it's messing with it. I've done that with an iPhone 6 and it worked. The guys in the video used some sort of Electronics Lubricant which also works magic. I would say go to Radio Shack but they're dead.
    So how do I figure out if it's dry?
    I used canned air and I've left it for 20 mins or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how do I figure out if it's dry?
    I used canned air and I've left it for 20 mins or so.
    Did you soak it in Alcohol? I would leave it near a heater to dry for a few ours, but even still alcohol doesn't conduct power unless it has a lot of water in it. If you only used can air then there's no wait time. What did you do?

Lumia 640/550 ? If Android is wanted go for One+ X
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Did you soak it in Alcohol? I would leave it near a heater to dry for a few ours, but even still alcohol doesn't conduct power unless it has a lot of water in it. If you only used can air then there's no wait time. What did you do?
    The phone probably killed itself to his SJW bullshit Tennisace constantly spews :P

Infracted. - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2016-03-09 at 03:28 PM.

I actually advise against the Nexus 5X. I have seen countless of reports of unexplainable performance losses, stuttering and poor battery management.
    Beyond that, several reports of the speaker used for calls being blown out already from the box.
    It definitely has performance quirks which the 6P lacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I just poured a little alcohol on it and it still doesn't work -_-

What does soaking do?

Rubbing alcohol is what you normally use for cleaning electronics since it's very good at, well, cleaning. Carrying fat and fluids for instance, while it is non-conductive and will evaporate on its own.

Actually I just poured a little alcohol on it and it still doesn't work -_-

What does soaking do?
    Just pouring a little on it will not do much, you need to clean the inside, not the outside. It also needs to sit there for a little while to give it a chance to break down and dissolve whatever it is that is in the way, so just pouring it on, it will spread out and evaporate and not get where it needs to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Just pouring a little on it will not do much, you need to clean the inside, not the outside. It also needs to sit there for a little while to give it a chance to break down and dissolve whatever it is that is in the way, so just pouring it on, it will spread out and evaporate and not get where it needs to go.
    and the rubbing alcohol does not damage any of the circuit board?

Deleted
    I think I own my Samsung S4 for 4 years ish now? Still works as when I unboxed it and not a scratch despite it not having a screen cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    and the rubbing alcohol does not damage any of the circuit board?
    It doesn't damage it. Find a container that can hold the circuit board and fill it with rubbing alcohol, and let it sit over night. Something like this but just the circuit board, and not the entire phone. It evaporates fast so check on it once in a while and refill. Feel free to pick up the circuit board and press the button a few times to try and dislodge any debris in there. Then let it soak some more.

Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2016-03-09 at 10:20 PM.

Check out Oneplus 2 mate. It's a pretty nice phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Moto x play, pretty decent phone after the Marshmellow update.
    Thinking of getting this.

It's a good price and I like that you can add extra storage.