Afghan Woman Barbarically Lynched After Being Falsely Accused of Burning Quran

Don't know if this was already posted as it seems to be a few months old, but it really pissed me off and I wanted to get her story out for others to hear. The terrible video of the incident can be found in the link below.

WARNING: The video posted here contains scenes of graphic violence.

As the police stood by and watched, a 27-year-old Muslim woman was brutally murdered by a mob in Kabul, Afghanistan after she was falsely accused of burning a Quran by an Islamic cleric.

The young Muslim woman, Farkhunda Malikzada, was viciously beaten, stoned, deliberately run over by a car, thrown into a dry river bed, crushed with larger stones, and then set on fire.

It was later determined by the Afghanistan Ministry of Hajj and Religious Affairs that Farkhunda Malikzada had not burned a Quran.

Although the murder of Farkhunda occurred in March 2015, the New York Times in recent months was able to collect cell-phone videos and pictures of the lynching from sources in Afghanistan and online, and compiled a lengthy video of the horrific crime, which it published at nytimes.com on Dec. 26, 2015.

The reporters who did the work are John Woo, Adam B. Ellick, and Alissa J. Rubin.

The video contains scenes of graphic violence. It reveals the radical and violent nature of not a few Islamic believers in Kabul, and shows the precarious condition of the police and civil order in that city.

It further reveals the brutal way in which women can be treated in Afghanistan in some instances.

In May 2015, four men were sentenced to death for their role in Farkhunda’s murder, and 11 police officers were sentenced to one year in prison for not protecting the young woman.

However, in July, an appeals court overturned the death sentences of the four killers and reduced their sentences, and in August a panel of lawyers recommended to the Afghan Supreme Court that the case be retried.
    http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-...alsely-accused

In my mind I always assumed that education and technology would modernize and secularize such countries. But then I see these people who are most likely poorly educated, committing atrocities while filming it on their smartphones, and I wonder if there's actually any hope for these types of places. What are your thoughts?

I'd like nothing better than to see the whole middle east turned into a parking lot. after all women have been removed from the area. There is nothing redeeming about it besides them. MOB mentality, which shows any one of them could do this.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-03-07 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

This thread and its facts are problematic. Nothing to see here

BANNED

END OF RINE

_______

^ RINE ENDS HERE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    In my mind I always assumed that education and technology would modernize and secularize such countries.
    Doesn't work that way. Until you change their beliefs, all you're doing is providing them with new tools to commit the same old acts with.

But then I see these people who are most likely poorly educated, committing atrocities while filming it on their smartphones
    Education alone cannot make you a reasonable person. The Jacobins of the French Revolution, the Fascists, Nazis & Communists of the 20th Century, Bin Laden... I could go on, but you get the idea.

and I wonder if there's actually any hope for these types of places. What are your thoughts?
    "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."
    -Ann Coulter

And short of a full on conquest theirs nothing we or anyone else can do about it. They have to fix these problems themselves (not that they see it as a problem).

Deleted
    Can you non-barbarically lynch someone?

Deleted
    So they thought she did a grave sin so they commited a sin and killed her ? Splendid logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Islam needs a reform like Christiany got a few centuries ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Can you non-barbarically lynch someone?
    Depends how kinky someone is in the bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    And unfortunately it cannot be forced on them either (well it could technically but it would require a whole lot o genocide). They need to come about it themselves and it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    They have to fix these problems themselves
    How? The Koran is the final, unalterable word of God. It's hard to say "Allah didn't mean it" when it says right there in black and white that you may beat your wife.

See above.

Christianity remember is based on free will (unlike Islam, where Allah decides beforehand if you'll be saved or sent to hell), and basically is much more open to interpretation and moderation than Islam.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-03-08 at 01:53 AM. Reason: infraction reversed

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    How? The Koran is the final, unalterable word of God. It's hard to say "Allah didn't mean it" when it says right there in black and white that you may beat your wife.

See above.

Christianity remember is based on free will (unlike Islam, where Allah decides beforehand if you'll be saved or sent to hell), and basically is much more open to interpretation and moderation than Islam.
    That's the million dollar question isn't it. How would they come about it themselves? All the rest of the world can realistically do to change it is conquest and kill lots of people.

To fix it themselves a major group of non religious and Muslims who actually WANT secularism would need to rise up who can get rid of the current religious leaders who spew the crap the uneducated masses believe, and then somehow educate said masses before the masses turn on them. Not gonna happen anytime soon if ever though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The context to that may also offer clues on how peaceful such a transition might be.

In May 2015, four men were sentenced to death for their role in Farkhunda’s murder, and 11 police officers were sentenced to one year in prison for not protecting the young woman.
    Yes!

However, in July, an appeals court overturned the death sentences of the four killers and reduced their sentences, and in August a panel of lawyers recommended to the Afghan Supreme Court that the case be retried.
    Fuck...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Seems like a witchhunt. The neighbour I hate has a broomstick and a black cat, burn her!

Also, how fragile must your faith be if even the slightest deviation from it must be squashed. If they were truly convinced their dumb ideas where worth it they would challenge the opposition, not kill them. So what they burn your holy book, the religion it represents isn't hurt by it, your faith isn't shaken because Allah didn't strike her down immediately, or is it? Perhaps the only way they can keep people believing is by squashing all dissent..
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Reminds me of this classic political cartoon.

MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Again i see a lot of misunderstanding about the reformation. The reformation wasn't about going away from the scriptures and getting your own point of view. The reformation was exactly the other way round.

The catholic church has been accused of going away from the true believes. So the reformists wanted to live by the bible. There actually is a similar movement in islam - these people are wahabists or salafists, and they're the people that commit the crimes in the name of their religion. Actually its quite similar to the beginning of the reformation. The fought against the system, with methods we today would deem as terrorism.

You think reformation is about free will and a open society? Imagine your life in the world of Oliver Cromwell - thats definitely not what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    Seems like a witchhunt. The neighbour I hate has a broomstick and a black cat, burn her!

Also, how fragile must your faith be if even the slightest deviation from it must be squashed. If they were truly convinced their dumb ideas where worth it they would challenge the opposition, not kill them. So what they burn your holy book, the religion it represents isn't hurt by it, your faith isn't shaken because Allah didn't strike her down immediately, or is it? Perhaps the only way they can keep people believing is by squashing all dissent..
    We've seen quite a few instances when a person with a pencil is enough to damage these delicate peoples sensibilities, and shock them away from their goats to start hurting people.
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-03-07 at 02:53 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I'm pretty sure there has already been a thread about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was posted a few times when the news broke. Unfortunately, it led to a lot of really bad bashing posts and were shut down (if I remember correctly, it's been a while). Regardless, I can't see anywhere this can go but in the same direction.

Closing.