Alliance What to replace Dwarven Bunker/War Mill once all followers are max ilvl?

Speaking purely for maximum gold out of the garrison, should you change the bunker/mill out for a better building when you no longer need the ilvl upgrade items? Or does it even matter?

Personally I have the Mage Tower for the convenience of easy portals to areas of Draenor.
    No other buildings seem to have any gold increase.

Barracks maybe, for 5 more follower slots (Which I also use)

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't use it on any toons now. That building is really only super useful if you are progression raiding, for the extra free seal. I also only use the Barracks on toons that have completed all or most of the questlines, and have a lot of followers. For my alts that just push through to 100 and ignore stuff like followers, Barracks is worthless. My go-to on my alts with few followers is Spirit Lodge/Mage Tower + Barn/Trading Post (depending on profession) + Stables + Inn.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I don't use it on any toons now. That building is really only super useful if you are progression raiding, for the extra free seal.
    Since you can buy seals for 500 apexis... the answer is easy.

Replace with the Stables... even if you don't care about the mounts. Just level 1 allows you to interact with chests and objective "clickies" without dismounting and fighting a bunch of boring mobs.

Makes doing the Tanaan dailies and weekly event quests quicker and more bearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Mage Tower/Spirit Lodge. Not so much because of the portals, but because of the Mission Completion Orders.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Bunker/War Mill can be used to make extra gold each day. 15g30s from the quest, plus the gold value of the weapon upgrade (you should always choose that), plus the value of the work orders content. If you run heroics/mythics, the extra scraps can be used to buy items for mog, or if you completed the sets, you can buy mog items to sell for around 20g each (tip: send to alt to remove the 2h return cd).

The Mage Tower/Spirit Lodge is helpful, but to make the most of it you need to farm Ogre Waystones (the work orders give sometimes Mission Completion Orders for instant long mission completion). The apexis you get can be used to buy 3 seals each week (total of 3500 apexis which are easily given in the week), buff the baleful gear of your alts or used to buy pets from factions or even spent for baleful items to be bought and sharded. Mind you, the Spires of Arak portal is not so near to Rukhmar (although with flight the distance is not that far).

I shied away from the stables after doing all relative achievements and got the mounts. With 20 alts, iprefer the passive income of the mill/bunker. Using Mage tower on main toon for convenience.

- Caster alts: I like the mage tower/spirit lodge. Those runes on the ground often pop up at the right place and right time. Especially amazing as a destro lock (since chaos bolt damage scales with crit %).

- Alts with gathering professions (mining at least): Stables all the way. Not as critical on a herbing druid, but for miners it's a really nice perk.

Once I had all the xmog gear and leveled enough followers on my main, I dumped the war mill. The resources it uses to churn out the scraps could be used on trade post for mats, or in my case lately, rerolling damn ships for the shipyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I like the Mage Tower/Spirit Lodge. Not so much because of the portals, but because of the Mission Completion Orders.
    ^ that. it's been nice every time i get a decent mission for followers and ships i can just instantly finish it. and farming the waystones is easy, just do the instance in frostridge on normal a few times
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

15+ Year Old Account
    War Mill will give gold daily via the follower upgrades. If you no longer use them, they'll add up to quite a bit of vendor gold + the work orders. What gold does mage tower/spirit lodge generate?

Speaking from an afk gold generation from garrison pov.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I know my playstyle so portals to all of draenor would only help me once a week when I go fishing. On the other hand stables are ok if you still need their mounts. Keeping the dwarven also means you don't waste any gold to change the building as well as generating a tiny income per day through daily Q.
    You can always go wild and try engineer building. Long run I guess having portals around draenor would be best.Id go MT.
    There are only 3 WoD area portals + tanaan in the Lodge/Tower. To deactivate one you have to use stones, and then travel to the new one to reactivate, using more stones. I wouldn't bother switching them. I'd use Arak, Nagrand, Talador, if you have the Gorgrond Mole Machine.

I would also geht magetower gives fast Missions. <3

Convert any leftover scraps into weapon tokens with the daily, then replace it with whatever is more beneficial to your playstyle. Stables and Tower are the only real options to chose from. The engineering workshop is just a gimmick at this point.
    You can keep the bunker for some passive gold income. Filling work orders at the mill/bunker purely for vendoring follower gear nets slightly more gold than converting garrison resources into gold through the gold bags at the trading post. If you are min/maxing the income from your resources you're better off replacing the bunker though. If you do dungeons regularly you'll also stop getting those annoying iron horde belts/shoulders/helmets as a bonus after replacing the bunker.

for the ones going for mage/shaman building, there is a sweet spot in gorgorond just north of beast watch for stones. like 200 in an hour or so.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd keep the Dwarven Bunker.
    -Free seal for weekly Kazzak on every alt
    -Iron Scrap daily for moar gold

Deleted
    Stables
    Its OP if your toon have gathering or doing archeology and most important you will get to these fast diening rares very fast in like 90% of the cases when Terror spawn and i`m at Volmar always manage to catch his last breath

Mage tower if you can farm ogres cause apexis is still useful for alts but if you cba for that go with engineer cause thats shit if fun especially if you got alot of alts like me and like to fuck with FOR THE HORDE achieve!