Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I like the Guardian's stories. Their interface is solid and I agree with the commentors and some of the writers. Seems legit to me.
    You claimed it wasn't like Fox News, but it is on a level of bias with Fox News, it just so happens to be a bias that you can pretend to like whilst posting your faux outrage threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You claimed it wasn't like Fox News, but it is on a level of bias with Fox News, it just so happens to be a bias that you can pretend to like whilst posting your faux outrage threads.
    Fox news is way more biased. It's not even comparable. Fox News is basically almost all opinion. With the Guardian their opinion pieces are clearly stated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fox news is way more biased. It's not even comparable. Fox News is basically almost all opinion. With the Guardian their opinion pieces are clearly stated.
    Guardian news stories are given a politically biased slant, it is neither a new nor controversial statement to make - everybody knows this, including regular Guardian readers, who often make jokes about it.

I get that you are trying to portray a character, but I am not interested in your games, so I have no interest in playing along and pretending that the Guardian is an objective source for news.

Guardian news stories are given a politically biased slant, it is neither a new nor controversial statement to make - everybody knows this, including regular Guardian readers, who often make jokes about it.

I get that you are trying to portray a character, but I am not interested in your games, so I have no interest in playing along and pretending that the Guardian is an objective source for news.
    Didn't you know: If the news says something you agree with, it isn't slanted in your eyes, since you live in that dimension. It's straight. However, that makes a slant in the other direction much more pronounced, and easy to point out and dismiss.

As for the topic: I feel we have gone way off track. The article says the men statistics were held off to highlight International Woman's day. I'm very interested to hear what they found. You can't give only half the data and expect us to make a conclusion from that. (I'm assuming they took a poll of roughly half men and women? Otherwise, this "study" -it's a voluntary self poll basically- can be rendered unimportant.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Deleted
    The Guardian is just opinions as well, it just happens that you agree with their opinions.

I heard that most of the harrassment came from a poster who loves his tennis on a little known forum about MMOs
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

I like the Guardian's stories. Their interface is solid and I agree with the commentors and some of the writers. Seems legit to me.
    Nothing wrong with liking the stories or the authors there.

As for the commentors... Echo chambers are pretty popular.

Who cares about the interface? That's like saying you prefer playboy over hustler because of the ink they use. It's a non issue. :-/

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much.

BUT OH NOES FOX IS DA DEVIL!

- - - Updated - - -

It's bias you agree with. Thus you're blind to it by choice.

No one is saying Fox doesn't have opinion. Most of the shows on the channel are opinion and commentary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never understood the common hatred towards Fox. I personally do not watch TV at all and never read news from major sources, so I do not have any bias towards Fox and do not support it... But, when I did watch/read Fox in the past, I didn't see much difference, compared to other popular sources, such as, say, BBC, Guardian, CNN, Times, Al Jazeera... Apparently, every major media has some bias, presents news in a certain manner - but how is Fox unique in that? Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.