Is it just me or did anyone play in vanilla all of a sudden?

It seems like the hipster thing to say and to lie about now is that you've played in vanilla. People should just admit that they started later on in the game, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that

Edit: I meant, everyone, not anyone.

Or accept the fact that there are people who have played during the early days of WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    It seems like the hipster thing to say and to lie about now is that you've played in vanilla. People should just admit that they started later on in the game, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that

I think the only people left are those that played in vanilla.

Yeah, it's really a stretch to think there's people who enjoy a game and have been playing it for years. What hipsters!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post

Or you could be wrong.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Been that way for a long time. I'm sure a lot of the playerbase probably has Vanilla cred, but the most *vocal* people who talk about Vanilla probably didn't make their start there. I'd say most of your Vanilla veterans have probably made the switch to casual where they haven't stopped playing entirely - you can only play a single at a high level for so long before you burn out.

I keep myself refreshed by taking a long hiatus here and there. I took one at the end of TBC (sitting out most of Sunwell Plateau), another at the beginning of MoP (and got to play reputation catch-up like a crack-fiend), and now another mid-WoD. I'm stoked for Legion, though; and will probably return to a normal raiding schedule of some kind.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    The thread is pointless and there's very little here to discuss. People will say what they say and you can either believe them or not. Calling them out as hipsters or whatever is just going to stir up drama.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."