Big Boss Man inducted into Hall of Fame 2016

Ray Traylor Jr. was never supposed to be a professional wrestling star. An actual prison guard in Cobb County, Georgia, he decided to give the business a try in his early 20s and spent nearly half his life inside the squared circle, winning over fans worldwide as the legendary Big Boss Man. Traylor's next stop will be the WWE Hall of Fame, which CBS Sports learned Monday he will be posthumously inducted into on April 2, the night before WrestleMania 32, in Dallas.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/eye...e-hall-of-fame

I was wondering if he would ever make it in. They're also inducting JBL and The Godfather. It's gonna be a good year for inductees.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Wrestling died with WCW. NWO 4 Life!!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Wrestling died with WCW. NWO 4 Life!!
    To be fair 2016 WWE is a lot like 2001 WCW, massive talent pool, many golden opportunities, terrible booking.

My favourite Bossman moment was when he was hung from the cage with a noose around his neck. Apparently that was in bad taste but when I was younger it made undertaker and the ministry of darkness look so cool.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2016-03-08 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for him. I think the talent of these guys is overshadowed by people who can't wait to call wrestling fake

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    To be fair 2016 WWE is a lot like 2001 WCW, massive talent pool, many golden opportunities, terrible booking.
    The WWE lacks the personality, edginess, and charisma that WCW had back then though. The guy's today are bland as hell but just happen to be good workers. Back then we got the best of the both worlds though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good for him. Was never a fan, but nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    The WWE lacks the personality, edginess, and charisma that WCW had back then though. The guy's today are bland as hell but just happen to be good workers. Back then we got the best of the both worlds though.
    Can't expect much when they go PC/PG. Oh, well. There's always Lucha Underground.

Deleted
    Hahahahaha, wrestling, a bunch of guys playing in a rink and faking a fight in front of a ton of morons who think it's legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Hahahahaha, wrestling, a bunch of guys playing in a rink and faking a fight in front of a ton of morons who think it's legit.
    Yes totally, everyone who watches thinks that its real. The Undertaker is for sure an undead wizard. You can also run people down in cars and no one will bat an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post

Can't expect much when they go PC/PG. Oh, well. There's always Lucha Underground.
    Don't get me wrong, the PC era is killing things too, but today's wrestlers are more acrobats then what I think most people would consider "a professional wrestler". Look at Sami Zayn for example, and then compare him to someone like the Macho Man. There's just a level of personality and "manliness" that the current roster seems to lack.

I just looked up Lucha Underground... I would hug you right now. This looks amazing and the reviews back it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    In tights no less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I called it.

Wrestling is arguably traveling theater. That's why people honor them because the amount of live choreography and showmanship is hard.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I called it.

Wrestling is arguably traveling theater. That's why people honor them because the amount of live choreography and showmanship is hard.
    Everyone understand this right? I mean there's some probably some morons somewhere who don't but they are probably the same people who throw dogshit in the street at actors who play villains in soap operas.

Even if you are not a fan of this stuff (I'm not) you have to admit the physical skills involved are impressive and sometimes breathtaking.

I am fairly sure people are completely aware that it is staged.. They watch it for the theatrics.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I read big boss, I thought of Snake.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, contrary to popular misconception WCW was PG all through the monday night wars, they were able to beat a non-PG WWF for a time so to blame everything on the PG aspect is a bit erroneous IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the PC era is killing things too, but today's wrestlers are more acrobats then what I think most people would consider "a professional wrestler". Look at Sami Zayn for example, and then compare him to someone like the Macho Man. There's just a level of personality and "manliness" that the current roster seems to lack.
    but it's so much fun watching kalisto fight. You literally don't know what he's going to do next.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Glad to see Big Boss Man inducted. JBL is getting inducted this year? Ugh, while I like Bradshaw (APA!) I think it's a bit too soon for him. With Sting being the headline, I personally think this year should have been mostly WCW/NWA bred stars. Perhaps next year we'll see Goldberg in with Taker.

Wrestling is going through another "lull" phase now anyway. It doesn't help that there wasn't any true competition since Vince bought WCW back in 2001. TNA tried, and did well, until they got their first TV deal. Then they tried to outdo WWE out of the gate, instead of stick to what gained them popularity when they were a weekly PPV show. it doesn't help matters by that time, WWE had no competition for like 4 years, so people were already being fed that TNA was inferior to WWE in every way, shape and form. Just look at how some of the people "reacted" when talent would go to TNA. "LOL, TNA taking WWE leftovers." But yet, when the opposite would happen, those same people would near about cream themselves with glee because a TNA person was going to WWE.

As I said before, it's a phase. Wrestling goes through this about every 10-15 years. There needs to be a giant shake up again. Honestly, if they would go the route and let WCW breathe again (even for storyline purposes) like let Shane have WCW as originally happened. He branches out and dusts off WCW Monday Nitro to go head to head with Monday Night Raw. That could be your new "Brand split" instead of Raw and Smackdown being separate shows. What I would love to see is it go back to its roots. Larger than life gimmicks, actual good guy vs bad guy and not a cast full of "real life persona tweeners". Hell, the last gimmick I enjoyed was when Paul Burchill was a pirate, but that was what... 2007? And don't get me started on how if they ever try to do something edgy as people clamor for, then they get ripped to shreds by those same people. getting called offensive and insensitive.

But hey, perhaps I'll just be content and watch old WWF/WCW programming on the network. I don't think it'll ever be like that again.