Poll: Do you want Hybrid Classes?

Deleted

Do you want Hybrid classes?

What ho,

Simply put...

Do you want Hybrid classes in the game?

Here is how it could work (but it doesn't have to be like this):

> Each class in the game has a single Hybrid option to begin with, but this can be expanded at a later date.

Example 1: the Hunter can fuse with a Druid to become a Ranger.

Example 2: the Warlock can fuse with a Priest to become a Necromancer.

Example 3: the Warrior can fuse with a Rogue to become a Blademaster.
    > Hybridizing your class comes at a cost. You may no longer use a Specialization. The Hybrid class is your new Specialization, as it were.

- So a Mage that has fused with the Warrior class can no longer be a Fire Mage or Arcane Mage. It is simply a Spellsword instead.

- However, each Hybrid Class has its own talent tree, so you still get to choose from a bunch of cool abilities like usual.

> This concept has a few implications on development.

- First of all, it's probably the only feasible option to get as many class fantasies as possible represented in the game. Rather than make X amount of new classes, Blizzard would have to make X amount of new specs. Drastic difference in terms of development.

- However, it still is a massive undertaking. We're talking dozens or even hundreds of new talents, animations, items, and so on. Easily a major expansion feature, bigger than the player character overhaul in WoD.

- If it is to work, the scope of the idea needs to be fairly small. A Hybrid Class can't be a full new class. Instead, it should act as a regular class with some added flair. Perhaps a different weapon or armour type is used. There might be a couple of new animations. You'd have to get a few new unique talents and abilities. But the point is that Blizzard couldn't go too crazy with it.
    All that said, would you like Hybrid Classes?

Deleted
    I want hybrid Talent Trees...

Also want reforging in all stats and gems in all armor to make the ultimate Hybrid.

I want my full Tank Rogue from WotlK back T_T

I wouldn't want to be stuck with one spec.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is something best left to table top RPGs like DnD. It would be a nightmare to balance.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.