Alliance [Legion] Execution Sentence vs. Templar's Verdict

Hello Paladins,

I know damage isn't exactly tuned, but I'm a bit confused about this current iteration of Execution Sentence.

Execution Sentence
    - Cost 3 Holy Power
    - 20 second cool down
    - 35,145 damage after 10 seconds

Templar's Verdict
    - Cost 3 Holy Power
    - No cool down
    - 25,200 damage instantly

You can easily get two Templar's Verdicts in a 10 second time frame which obviously is well over the 35,000 damage that Execution Sentence does. Could someone please tell me what I'm missing? Thanks.

Also, we're back to waiting for buttons to come off of cool down again. At least with my current haste I am.
    Warrior Class Hall...

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Be glad you got at least a pretty place while the rogues got a sewage filled dalaran underbelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    At least its filled with rogue stuff and not golden light golems and angels.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    Hello Paladins,

I know damage isn't exactly tuned, but I'm a bit confused about this current iteration of Execution Sentence.

Execution Sentence
    - Cost 3 Holy Power
    - 20 second cool down

Templar's Verdict
    - Cost 3 Holy Power
    - No cool down

You can easily get two Templar's Verdicts in a 10 second time frame which obviously is well over the 35,000 damage that Execution Sentence does. Could someone please tell me what I'm missing? Thanks.
    in the same token, damage per holy power cost is higher for ES, Factor this with how much damage you can do within the 9-11 second frame of Es falling and fallen, the talent amounts to not only more overall damage, but much higher burst.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2016-03-09 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Edited to fix quote - Krekko

Also ES is range, while FV is almost melee (11 yards ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    in the same token, damage per holy power cost is higher for ES, Factor this with how much damage you can do within the 9-11 second frame of Es falling and fallen, the talent amounts to not only more overall damage, but much higher burst.
    Ah, thanks.
    Warrior Class Hall...

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Be glad you got at least a pretty place while the rogues got a sewage filled dalaran underbelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    At least its filled with rogue stuff and not golden light golems and angels.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Also ES is range, while FV is almost melee (11 yards ?)
    there is no FV, TV is pure melee

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    there is no FV, TV is pure melee
    FV (i called it FV since its range, while TV is melee) 11 yards ? unless they changed it from last time i looked at the Legion spell book.

I think Execution Sentence should lock people out of their movement abilities while it is on them. If removed early it should root the player for 2 seconds. Maybe increase its cooldown to 25-30 seconds given these changes.

Because Execution Sentence doesn't cost six Holy Power, it costs three. You can still get the extra TV in whether you use ExS or not. The downside is that, while ExS is bursty, it doesn't actually deliver more damage than the TV and the two Consecrations it replaces if you can get both TVs in under the Judgement debuff.

In fact, taking Mass Judgement obviates ExS entirely because of this fact (which is just as well because its intent is to be used in conjunction with the AoE talents like Consecration anyway). That being said if you can micromanage your Judgements effectively (which shouldn't be too hard with the ~47% haste you'll be able to achieve in blues thanks to the gear revamp and Zeal), then Blessings of Justice will be superior against single targets. The question is, how many raid encounters do you expect to be purely, or even primarily, single target?
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2016-03-09 at 07:16 AM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Hello Paladins,

Execution Sentence
    - Cost 3 Holy Power
    - 20 second cool down

Templar's Verdict
    - Cost 3 Holy Power
    - No cool down

Also, we're back to waiting for buttons to come off of cool down again. At least with my current haste I am.
    Execution is higher DPE? casting ES doesnt stop you from casting TV, you are comparing 1 ES to 2 TVs, you need to compare 2 TVs to 1 ES + TV

so only time you use TV over ES is when ES is already applied, target can dispell or target will die before 10s is up

guys I dont even PLAY the game for the last year and even I can see hes PERHAPS meaning 2 tvs> 1 ES because Echo of the Highhlord = 2 TVS which means 1TV>1ES

Dont make me come back and go full Anaxie in the Ret forums to fix my broken home.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-03-26 at 08:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    guys I dont even PLAY the game for the last year and even I can see hes PERHAPS meaning 2 tvs> 1 ES because Echo of the Highhlord = 2 TVS which means 1TV>1ES

Dont make me come back and go full Anaxie in the Ret forums to fix my broken home.
    1. Welcome back Anaxie .
    2. Echo of the Highlord does peanuts as far as damage is concerned.
    3. It honestly sounds like he's talking about just the regular TVs, not Echo ones.

Basically ES changes the rotation like so:

With ES: 1x ES, then 3 HP later, 1x TV
    Without ES: 1x TV, then 3 HP later, 1x TV

As ES does more damage than TV, you will always want to use it instead of TV, at least in PvE. The only potentially tricky bit is ensuring you line up the Judgement debuff with the moment when ES expires and deals all its damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    1. Welcome back Anaxie .
    2. Echo of the Highlord does peanuts as far as damage is concerned.
    3. It honestly sounds like he's talking about just the regular TVs, not Echo ones.

Basically ES changes the rotation like so:

With ES: 1x ES, then 3 HP later, 1x TV
    Without ES: 1x TV, then 3 HP later, 1x TV

As ES does more damage than TV, you will always want to use it instead of TV, at least in PvE. The only potentially tricky bit is ensuring you line up the Judgement debuff with the moment when ES expires and deals all its damage.
    I not back and you won't take my freedom away from me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I not back and you won't take my freedom away from me.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=30449

Be honest. You know you want to stay ...

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=30449

Be honest. You know you want to stay ...
    no i really dont