Poll: Which one is it?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's the best current MMORPG

You go ahead and vote, you can vote on multiple games.

Since I apperantly forgot Wildstar, type it as a reply to this post if you would've picked it since I don't think I can change the poll once it's been done. Sorry!

Also, I typed Black & Soul for some reason when it's obviously Blade & Soul. My brain must be malfunctioning today.
    Last edited by Echo of Soul; 2016-03-09 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    Which one is best is a subjective matter, however WoW has the most active players.

Although WoW is my main mmo and I would choose it ... no love for Wildstar? I know, I know... but I like to play it. Same goes for GW2, but I havn't been online for several weeks.. waiting for living story season 3. *sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly (at least for me), gone are the days where a MMO will immerse you for months on end, and make you not think of other games.

Now they all have so little content and interesting things to do.

Sadly, WoW is still the best there is...

Very few people will have actually tried (properly) all current MMORPGs out there, so how exactly can we say which one's the best? =P

Best is subjective to each person. MMOs I personally find great are WoW, Rift, and GW2. Though I only really have the time commitment for 1 atm I've played all 3 and loved the differences in them. However, for most the answer will be WoW. There is a reason it has had the most subscriptions in the last 12 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    You go ahead and vote, you can vote on multiple games.
    Wildstar? Where's Wildstar? To me, that's the best MMO released since WoW without question, I love that game..!

Edit: Since F2P and the server merge, the game is bursting with players.

Deleted
    Www.mmorpg.com is also a nice place to find answers..

Deleted
    I've tried guild wars and guild wars 2. Tera, blade n soul, tamriel unlimited and neverwinter....All of these around 3 months max playtime. I just can't get me hooked like WoW does. Even after more than a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 might be the current second best (meaning, actively played at the moment), it's not a bad game, but it's nowhere near the game pleasure, atmosphere and art (architecture, music, colors) provided by WoW. You give a lot of your precious time to a MMO, so you'd better chose the best among the best.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Wildstar? Where's Wildstar? To me, that's the best MMO released since WoW without question, I love that game..!

Edit: Since F2P and the server merge, the game is bursting with players.
    Fuck, I forgot about Wildstar. Sorry about that. Just type it in I guess :/

Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Which one is best is a subjective matter, however WoW has the most active players.
    Yes this is an entirely subjective poll. You pick the ones you feel are the best, no need for math or analysis

Fuck, I forgot about Wildstar. Sorry about that. Just type it in I guess :/
    Well, in that case:
    WoW and Wildstar are the games I play (at the moment) daily.
    I like GW2 a lot too, although shortly after the release of HoT it became a bit boring. Waiting for season 3 of the living story.
    Rift will always have a dear place in my heart, I seriously loved that game. I don't love what Trion is doing though. But I still have hope.

I also have some fond memories of LotRo. But it's long ago since I played it.

Answering in a roundabout manner, I don't think I can pick one, I'd say AC was my personal all time favorite, though currently it seems like it's on its last legs.

It's hard not to vote for WoW at *some* point in its lifetime, but I wouldn't put the current version up for consideration at all.

BDO has that new car smell, I'd have to revisit this poll in a year to see how longevity affects it. GW2 gets an honorable mention for the several unique things it brings to the genre.

Out of all the MMO's I've played I'd say WoW is still the best not counting WoD, but I played WoD for a while before unsubbing to wait so I feel it was somewhat worth the money. GW2 was what I went to after (and during) WoW, and it was pretty fun. Level 80 was definitely fun and their cosmetic system is really awesome. I didn't buy HoT because it didn't seem worth it to me since I only play that game every now and then.

I still have yet to try FFXIV, I've heard mainly good things but the abilities in the game bother me for some reason (the way they're set up, I have no idea if you can change the UI or not, I'd assume you can). I'll give it a go eventually, but out of what I've played, GW2 and WoW were and are the best. I also tried blade and soul, and after hitting level 45 (along with hongmoon level 5) I got pretty bored with the endless dailies (literally, for end game the main way to make money and level is dailies.) and it just felt repetitive to me. I prefer multiple options at end game.

Needs more criteria.

As soon as I read the title I thought to myself: based on what?

All these games bring something to the table that others don't, even the more similar ones.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I think Star Wars: The Ol;d Republic is the all-around best out there. Great as a single player experience with satisfying group content one can drop-in/drop-out of without a lot of fuss.

The Secret World, Final Fantasy 14 and World of Warcraft are all fine games too. Though I think TSW still lacks polish in many areas of play. FF14 and WoW do not catch my fancy but they were well made at the last instance I played and have heard little to undermine my initial impressions of those games since.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Needs more criteria.

As soon as I read the title I thought to myself: based on what?

All these games bring something to the table that others don't, even the more similar ones.
    Based only on your personal opinion and nothing else. I probably should've rephrased to something like which ones do you like?

Based only on your personal opinion and nothing else. I probably should've rephrased to something like which ones do you like?
    The criteria still comes into play there, because I liked most of them for different reasons.

Swtor's story telling was on point, wows raiding and raid community is the best on the market, BnS's combat system is unique and fun, black desert(which I've only barely just dabbled in right now) has amazing graphics and one unique class archetype I really enjoy. Vindictus had really fun boss fights that were a blast to try and solo. I enjoyed the story and the quest design in GW2.

But for everything I like about those games there are things I don't like as well, so I don't find myself playing most of them very often if at all. I still liked them though.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

FF14 atm. Probably sticking with it for the foreseeable future since it's Final Fantasy and I'm a bit of a fanboy when it comes to that franchise. Also Everquest 1 would be a close second, started with friends again and enjoying it. Third if it ever comes to the goddamn west would be PSO2. Had a go on it when we could play the english/asian one briefly and loved it.