Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadSwordz View Post
    I thought we were talking about your friend that just got to 100 so how is talking about week 1 of the expansion relevant and anyway I have never come across a group "funneling" gear to a tank, maybe an item or two but thats it and if you were last on dps then it's obviously more beneficial to the tank

I think this is the main Problem with this Post. Its about Craying because he didnt get enaught loot ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Oh please, even if used properly a loot council is only good for the people on the council.
    Wrong, its only good for you if you are a worthwhile player to have around. I'm not on the loot council in my guild, but I usually get the items I need ahead of the others if the upgrade is of equal benefit, purely because they know I will give 100% attendance and use the item to its fullest benefit. Any guild that wastes loot on unproven players is severely hindering its own progress and therefore dumb.

EDIT: Having said that, the vast majority of guilds worth their salt are disenchanting 95% of the item drops these days so a new player joining a guild would probably get full raid gear in a week.
    Last edited by Sprinky; 2016-03-09 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    Find a guild. Find a guild. Find a guild. Top guilds: 720+ cutting edge achive or gtfo. Middle guilds: all loot council for some reason. Bottom guilds: wiping on 2nd boss for 2 hours a night because they can't tab. Find a guild new players they say. Because it's super easy! Right?
    If you want to get into a good guild, you need credentials/experience, to get credentials/experience you need to join a lower progressed guild and climb the ladder like everybody else had to. networking/making friends also helps.

Right now is a relatively easy time to get experience compared to mid expansion. 6-12 mythic guilds are bleeding players left and right so it's easy to get into them as long as you have full heroic experience (which can be pugged with minor effort or with a random social guild). Then in Legion you will have enough experience in the previous tier to apply to a low end actual mythic guild. repeat untill you are at the level you want to be. Make friends along the way to skip rungs on the ladder.

And yeah ofcourse they use loot council or dkp. But if you are good you will pass trial in a few weeks and then have the same shot as everybody else, and trials usually get the leftover loots from farm bosses anyways so even if you fail your trial you will end up with loot.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-03-09 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    Oh please, even if used properly a loot council is only good for the people on the council.
    And your information comes from where? You have good proofs? You are speaking out of experience?
    Either are have no weight here, because you don't have proofs and everybody have different experience.

All the talk about Loot Council i see in your post is just another copy/paste from the forums about 3-4 years ago when was WotLK and Cata.

My personal experience with loot council have never been about that and so far i have been in 3 guilds with loot council. Yes not big enough, but enough to say that GM, GM's "fuckboy" and GM's gf doesn't get the first drop. Don't spread lies to your friends, because you read from different crybabies on forums how GM, GM's "fuckboy" or GM's gf got that OP trinket on the first drop... Boo Hoo. That item will drop again ... AND you can ALWAYS question the decision of the council.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    If you want to get into a good guild, you need credentials/experience, to get credentials/experience you need to join a lower progressed guild and climb the ladder like everybody else had to. networking/making friends also helps.

Right now is a relatively easy time to get experience compared to mid expansion. 6-12 mythic guilds are bleeding players left and right so it's easy to get into them as long as you have full heroic experience (which can be pugged with minor effort or with a random social guild). Then in Legion you will have enough experience in the previous tier to apply to a low end actual mythic guild. repeat untill you are at the level you want to be. Make friends along the way to skip rungs on the ladder.
    Yup, this is exactly how I did it, started off in a guild that was, frankly, terrible, and I knew they were terrible, but I made friends, ended up meeting other players through them, got into a better guild and continued the cycle until I was where I am now.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    Yup, this is exactly how I did it, started off in a guild that was, frankly, terrible, and I knew they were terrible, but I made friends, ended up meeting other players through them, got into a better guild and continued the cycle until I was where I am now.
    You ended up in Canada?

Deleted
    The ultimate solution is to just force personal loot into group finder. It boggles my mind why they won't do this.

I had a group the other week, nothing reserved, awesome.
    Raid leader says in /rw "Loot will be given to the highest roller", awesome.
    Loot drops, I win the roll, the leader takes it, awesome...
    Raid disbands, even more awesome!

So I sent a ticket into Blizzard as they will actually do something about ninja'ing if they state the loot rules as it's in the policy. So the GM says OK we're going to do something about this, but we can't return the item that you technically won...

So like, what the actual fuck. They put in a system that allows a player to steal the loot, get punished for stealing the loot, but KEEPS said loot? This literally boggles my mind... All in all, just force personal loot in group finder, there's literally no negative to implementing this :/

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    The ultimate solution is to just force personal loot into group finder. It boggles my mind why they won't do this.

I had a group the other week, nothing reserved, awesome.
    Raid leader says in /rw "Loot will be given to the highest roller", awesome.
    Loot drops, I win the roll, the leader takes it, awesome...
    Raid disbands, even more awesome!

So I sent a ticket into Blizzard as they will actually do something about ninja'ing if they state the loot rules as it's in the policy. So the GM says OK we're going to do something about this, but we can't return the item that you technically won...

So like, what the actual fuck. They put in a system that allows a player to steal the loot, get punished for stealing the loot, but KEEPS said loot? This literally boggles my mind... All in all, just force personal loot in group finder, there's literally no negative to implementing this :/
    I think they take the loot from the ninjaer, but they can't give it to you. Kindof lose-lose situation

Because it disincentivizes the very few people who are willing to build groups to begin with even further ?

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Because it disincentivizes the very few people who are willing to build groups to begin with even further ?
    Also, looking from the system side, i don't think they can make a difference between a regular group or a group full of people from group finder.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    Also, looking from the system side, i don't think they can make a difference between a regular group or a group full of people from group finder.
    Well I am pretty sure people making that proposition wouldn't mind personal loot only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    And your information comes from where? You have good proofs? You are speaking out of experience?
    Either are have no weight here, because you don't have proofs and everybody have different experience.

All the talk about Loot Council i see in your post is just another copy/paste from the forums about 3-4 years ago when was WotLK and Cata.

My personal experience with loot council have never been about that and so far i have been in 3 guilds with loot council. Yes not big enough, but enough to say that GM, GM's "fuckboy" and GM's gf doesn't get the first drop. Don't spread lies to your friends, because you read from different crybabies on forums how GM, GM's "fuckboy" or GM's gf got that OP trinket on the first drop... Boo Hoo. That item will drop again ... AND you can ALWAYS question the decision of the council.
    You are overgeneralizing just as much as him.
    I have been in enough fashist guilds to know that the GM and their wife and friends get a better treatment. I even had GM that would "switch mains" on a weekly basis because we don't equip twinks.
    So this CAN happen but it doesn't have to happen.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-03-09 at 02:13 PM.

Bleh. I'm fully geared... and don't care about gear. Pixels. I don't. Care. My issue is that new players can't even roll on gear because they are new players. "credentials and experience" FOR A VIDEO GAME. Is this Earth? Wtf.

Solution: Personal loot all around with a duplicate item prevention system. Boom, done.

Deleted
    Bleh. I'm fully geared... and don't care about gear. Pixels. I don't. Care. My issue is that new players can't even roll on gear because they are new players. "credentials and experience" FOR A VIDEO GAME. Is this Earth? Wtf.

Solution: Personal loot all around with a duplicate item prevention system. Boom, done.
    Your solution just makes raiding pointless after 4 weeks, whats the point then? Even then, if 3 people in your raid already have end boss items, then they will just leave the raid.

If your friend does not want to bother with "credentials and experience" then he can just go raid in LFR.
    Last edited by mmocae1868ef01; 2016-03-09 at 02:13 PM.

Is this Earth?
    I am rather sure most team oriented games give you some control which players you want in the team you personally assemble.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Your solution just makes raiding pointless after 4 weeks, whats the point then?
    Assuming you get a drop every week every boss, ya sure. But you don't even in the current personal loot system. So... ya.

Deleted
    Assuming you get a drop every week every boss, ya sure. But you don't even in the current personal loot system. So... ya.
    Let's say that i do, since it's RNG based anyway. Am i done raiding? Seems like i am

Sorry bro, but I'm doing great DPS, not failing in a single mechanic, bring some 740+ friends to help us, and I should roll with an new 100 who wiped us 4 times and spent 50% of the fight kissing the floor dead because all he wants was "Roll on some pixels" ????? No way

He should just look for a guild that suits for him, if he's good enough for this group, surely the loot coucil will give him some gear.

Wait, are all items on reserve, or just one specific one? Important distinction.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This. The answer to the entire thread.

I personally have lots of Characters. All I want is to do some casual PuG Raids on a few Alts, but to get into groups the requirements are ridiculous (710 for Normal, 725 for Heroic, AotC for Normal) unless you're a Tank/Healer in which case you will probably get invited just for signing up and all of the loot is usually ML/Reserved anyways.

I've been signing up to some of these as a 685/690 DPS, having now got to the point on the quest for Tomes. Experience so far is to be kicked on the trash before Hellfire Assault on my Hunter and to wipe for over an hour on Kormrok as a Fury Warrior. Decided it was easier/smarter to do LFR for my Tomes.

I'm under the impression I'm not an absolutely terrible player, having experienced some Mythic HFC and done CM Gold. But despite that I still struggle to get into a decent HFC Group that is appropriate for my Gear on Alts.

Honestly though, it's been crap for BRF as well from my experience. Everyone wants their share of the loot, but when a group decides to reserve an item when the boss is dead myself and half the group called the Leader out and left.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )