LastLast
    Deleted

DLC for starter accounts

Yay or nay ?
    Expand to lvl 60 -> 10$
    Expand to lvl 70 -> +15$
    Expand to lvl 80 -> +15$
    Expand to lvl 90 -> +25$

Does not lift restrictions on starter account.
    It means : f2p without AH, mailing, last-current content

And in addition :
    -XP slowed down to x% so you would need to clear 90% of the world content to get to the next continent.
    -apply character number cap maybe

edit : looks like I can't make a poll
    Last edited by mmoc4678df31ad; 2016-03-09 at 03:07 PM.

Um yes so like

Why even, given you appear to be able to get to 90 by buying the base game for 20 and warlords with another 20.

Deleted
    The idea is that starter accounts can enjoy old content in a virtually solo mode without paying subs

Quote Originally Posted by alphalion View Post
    The idea is that starter accounts can enjoy old content in a virtually solo mode without paying subs

Why not just buy a open world single player game? For 39.99 or whatever when it goes on sale?

Starters can't: group, send tells, trade, queue , etc

Tbh if you want to play a solo rpg there are cheaper solutions

Deleted
    The idea is that people can play WoW (but only old content) to discover the game and if they like it they could sub. And all the progress made during the time you're not subscribed would still be useful. Then those players can make gold in order to buy token

Playing cheaper solo RPGs is not really the question. Some people just want to play wow but they can't afford subs, and this can be a solution for them which could benefit Blizzard as well

Playing cheaper solo RPGs is not really the question. Some people just want to play wow but they can't afford subs, and this can be a solution for them which could benefit Blizzard as well
    Your solution costs more than buying the game outright and two months of sub time including the free first month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Your solution costs more than buying the game outright and two months of sub time including the free first month.
    Prices can always be lowered
    Expand to lvl 60 -> 0$ (should be free at this point)
    Expand to lvl 70 -> +5$
    Expand to lvl 80 -> +5$
    Expand to lvl 90 -> +15$

The main advantage over your solution is that this B2P DLC mode is forever.
    The newcomers can try the game longer than 3 months and enjoy most of old content, makes them to get really into the charm of the game
    Old players can have a few months/years break when they can't afford sub every once in a while, but can still play on/try new alts

I like to design UIs and write Add-ons but I can't when I'm not subscribed.
    Can't fully test them with lvl 20 characters
    Can't and won't go on private servers
    I have to wait next time I sub every time I get new ideas
    I would buy those DLCs so I could devote some free times on this, and I'm sure there will be plenty of people who would do the same for other reasons
    Last edited by mmoc4678df31ad; 2016-03-09 at 09:41 PM.

I have to wait next time I sub every time I get new ideas
    I would buy those DLCs so I could devote some free times on this
    Ah, well that explains it.

Sure, why not. But just make it a base $5 each. You missed Cata and this way you still end up at $25 mark to unlock everything up to MoP. The prices are too high if they're supposed to be cumulative. There are too many restrictions to starter accounts to ask $65 to (theoretically) get access to all the obsolete content.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Starters can't: group, send tells, trade, queue , etc
    They can't initiate groups, but they can accept invites. It's how I used to create raid groups for soloing before they allowed you to enter them without one. Not 100% sure but I think whispering follows the same rules.

Prices can always be lowered
    Expand to lvl 60 -> 0$ (should be free at this point)
    Expand to lvl 70 -> +5$
    Expand to lvl 80 -> +5$
    Expand to lvl 90 -> +15$
    Or they can buy the base game for $5-$15 when it's on sale and have all the way up to 90 and soon 100. Your prices don't make any sense, especially since earlier you stated "F2P" which that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Or they can buy the base game for $5-$15 when it's on sale and have all the way up to 90 and soon 100. Your prices don't make any sense, especially since earlier you stated "F2P" which that would be.
    That's for people that are sure about staying. Getting the previous expansions and leveling above 20 will lockout those characters after the gametime expires. Although the prices are way too steep in that example.

The idea is that people can play WoW (but only old content) to discover the game and if they like it they could sub. And all the progress made during the time you're not subscribed would still be useful. Then those players can make gold in order to buy token

And what they can experience? All the cool stuff starts at max level. Till then it's single player.

Would eb great to get some Bind to Account DLC right? Would make the lower level BGs a little bit more exciting and all.
    Not a fan of using elo boost to rank up.
    but i prefer the tier list instead.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    And what they can experience? All the cool stuff starts at max level. Till then it's single player.
    Not all single player. You can join LFD and BGs.

I think Cataclysm 1-60 should be the Free Trial, with the same restrictions, but increase the gold cap, and enable trading. Basically, take the F2P Runescape Economic Model and apply it to the WoW Trial.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think Cataclysm 1-60 should be the Free Trial, with the same restrictions, but increase the gold cap, and enable trading. Basically, take the F2P Runescape Economic Model and apply it to the WoW Trial.
    Yeah, something like that was what I was expecting them to do when they announced the WoW Token

I think whispering follows the same rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay or nay ?
    Expand to lvl 60 -> 10$
    Expand to lvl 70 -> +15$
    Expand to lvl 80 -> +15$
    Expand to lvl 90 -> +25$

Does not lift restrictions on starter account.
    It means : f2p without AH, mailing, last-current content

And in addition :
    -XP slowed down to x% so you would need to clear 90% of the world content to get to the next continent.
    -apply character number cap maybe

edit : looks like I can't make a poll
    Cant you do effectively part of this with just picking up the box not counting the current expansion? and even pay less and get more?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

the price of all the old expansions + base game is literally $5 or less.

which makes this thread kinda pointless