Graphics card for my watercooled X99 PC

So I'm selling my R9 290X + waterblock to someone in the next few days, and until I've got a new graphics card I'll have to use a temporary setup. What I'm curious of is what card to get to replace the R9 290X.

Mind you, it's almost definitely going to be watercooled, so I require the waterblock compatibility. That basically rules out 80% of aftermarket coolers.

Presently, my options are looking like this (price in NOK):
    5000 - AMD R9 Nano
    6000 - GTX 980
    6800 - AMD R9 Fury X
    7200 - GTX 980 ti
    7700 - GTX 980 ti (original reference cooler)

Other options not mentioned are cards where I've not a damned idea if it's reference or not, but generally leaning towards 'probably not'. Overall, I'm looking for one off of this list: link

My specs
    not including graphics card now
    Intel i7 5820k
    Sabertooth X99
    Corsair 16GB DDR4 2400mhz
    Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
    Toshiba 2TB 2.5" 5400 RPM
    Corsair RM1000
    NZXT S340
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2016-03-09 at 09:30 PM.

I'd probably just go with the Fury X, since it already has the water cooling you want and is really the best of the bunch anyway.

Deleted
    Looking at the price of the Nano, that would probably be the "most bang for your buck" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I'd probably just go with the Fury X, since it already has the water cooling you want and is really the best of the bunch anyway.
    Not talking about AIO watercooling. :P That, and it'd be competing for fanslots, which the S340 doesn't really have in great supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Looking at the price of the Nano, that would probably be the "most bang for your buck" option.
    It's what I've been thinking. I'll let this thread roll though at least till tomorrow, not in that much of a hurry to get shit back up and rolling, as my "backup" PC still has a 2500k + R9 290X card. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    /point Nano.
    It's a full Fiji with better binning and with the water block and no throttle you'll pretty much have a cheap Fury X

Nano based on those prices though I'd consider waiting a few months for next gen gpus.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Not talking about AIO watercooling. :P That, and it'd be competing for fanslots, which the S340 doesn't really have in great supply.

It's what I've been thinking. I'll let this thread roll though at least till tomorrow, not in that much of a hurry to get shit back up and rolling, as my "backup" PC still has a 2500k + R9 290X card. :P
    yeah, that's fine, don't need to use the rad, but it's already got everything else.

Deleted
    How come you don't wait for the new ones coming out? No patience ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    How come you don't wait for the new ones coming out? No patience ?
    Well, the complete absence of a graphics card kinda drives the need. Although I have a spare 7970 GHz card and waterblock, so I guess I can make do if I have to. Not sure when new cards are coming out though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nano is literally a Fury X if you put a waterblock on it and undo the power limit, it's your best option by far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Supposedly summer.
    Then maybe a month or 2 after for the compatible waterblocks to emerge, I don't think EKWB get samples of reference boards prior to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Then maybe a month or 2 after for the compatible waterblocks to emerge, I don't think EKWB get samples of reference boards prior to release.
    Card manufacturers might make a deal with a custom watercooling company much like Asus did with Bitspower and their 980ti that just came out. Then again even that might take time, so yeah

The R9 Nano is finally being shipped.