Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I did not see it,ty

all that it's great , but assuming i dont wanna spend ANY ap on my OS before get the 20 points golden trait (the one who gives you like 15% damage) is that bad frost comparing it with fire for pve? last time i checked was like 237k dps frost 283k fire on ST and that's too much , we are not talking about 5k dps , it is too much. But after the frost buffs, did it change it at all? tbh idk anything but sims about frost pve at 110 so idk if it sucks at myth+/raids or not , that's why im posting this to see if someone can clarify my doubts about it.
    Last edited by Zeidia; 2016-08-27 at 02:29 PM.

Nice to see a small buff before the launch...now if they could only sort out the AoE problem by giving Blizzard a 15% chance to reset Frost orb's cooldown with each tick or something.

How is frost for pve at 110? is fire really that far ahead?

What is lacking for frost to compete with fire? Aoe? cleave? single target?

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    How is frost for pve at 110? is fire really that far ahead?

What is lacking for frost to compete with fire? Aoe? cleave? single target?
    I was wondering exactly this but none seems to have answers

Frost's AoE doesn't hold a candle to what Fire can do. Cleave Frost might be better because of how strong Splitting Ice and Frost Bomb are, but I'm not sure. I haven't put the two up against each other enough in cleave situations.
    Single target Fire should still be putting up higher numbers than Frost even with the buffs, but it should be a lot closer now. I say should be because I have and none of my friends have been able to put up the high numbers fire is supposed to be doing. I feel like we're doing something wrong despite taking all the talents we should be. In fact, I'm actually doing higher dps single target to a dummy as Frost right now. Sims will definitely still put Fire ahead though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kce View Post
    Frost's AoE doesn't hold a candle to what Fire can do. Cleave Frost might be better because of how strong Splitting Ice and Frost Bomb are, but I'm not sure. I haven't put the two up against each other enough in cleave situations.
    Single target Fire should still be putting up higher numbers than Frost even with the buffs, but it should be a lot closer now. I say should be because I have and none of my friends have been able to put up the high numbers fire is supposed to be doing. I feel like we're doing something wrong despite taking all the talents we should be. In fact, I'm actually doing higher dps single target to a dummy as Frost right now. Sims will definitely still put Fire ahead though.
    I feel like Fire is a lot of RNG. So numbers can vary if you don't get good procs for PB.

On a side note. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

When I'm Frost, there will be times where I go 30 seconds to a minute without any Ice Lance or Flurry procs and all I'm doing is spamming Frostbolt... Is this normal? lol
    Last edited by FrostyButt; 2016-08-27 at 05:19 PM.

Deleted
    Frost is practically unfinished. That low AOE is not even worth looking into, they have left the design of the spec in the middle. I was thinking that since Arcane isn't in any severe situation like that, Arcane is likely depressed on purpose to send people to Fire for new flavor.

If you want to see unfinished go look at our new four piece tier set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Frost is practically unfinished. That low AOE is not even worth looking into, they have left the design of the spec in the middle. I was thinking that since Arcane isn't in any severe situation like that, Arcane is likely depressed on purpose to send people to Fire for new flavor.
    Hope they lose 3mil subs for using such backhanded tactics. It's like selling you a TV that can only show a certain channel properly, while the remaining channels will be low quality.
    Last edited by mmoce2d1b37428; 2016-08-27 at 06:51 PM.

Well, I'm gonna take the plunge and go with frost on the launch. Let's hope it's not a waste of time in comparison to fire.

Take it it's Crit till shatter cap - Haste - Crit - Vers - Mastery? Interesting trait that reduces icy veins cd by 1.5 seconds each frostbolt crit. So I'd say 35% Crit +plus the 15% frostbolt crit trait will be pretty useful to try and line up Ray of Frost with icy veins most of the time, and with the other icy veins trait, even better. Could probably treat it as Frost's burst phase with RoP every 1.5 minutes or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Well, I'm gonna take the plunge and go with frost on the launch. Let's hope it's not a waste of time in comparison to fire.

Take it it's Crit till shatter cap - Haste - Crit - Vers - Mastery? Interesting trait that reduces icy veins cd by 1.5 seconds each frostbolt crit. So I'd say 35% Crit +plus the 15% frostbolt crit trait will be pretty useful to try and line up Ray of Frost with icy veins most of the time, and with the other icy veins trait, even better. Could probably treat it as Frost's burst phase with RoP every 1.5 minutes or so.

You have a thread going on somewhere on the front page where a mage managed to calculate how to have near 100% uptime of Icy veins, if you're really into playing frost in progression look into it

Been a big frost mage PvE player since it was somewhat viable in late Wrath...really hoping they put in the effort to even the specs like they kinda did in Warlords. Frost single target feels like it's in a good place, but AoE feels so lacking outside of the frozen orb window. Blizzard is such a bad spell right now. It needs a solid buff. Flurry also feels like it doesn't trigger enough IMO. Having played it for a bit, you enter into way too many frostbolt-glacial spike spam phases without a single FoF or BF proc. And that's if you're going Glacial spike.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    You have a thread going on somewhere on the front page where a mage managed to calculate how to have near 100% uptime of Icy veins, if you're really into playing frost in progression look into it
    Could you link me in the direction? I searched around for it and couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biffity View Post
    Could you link me in the direction? I searched around for it and couldn't find it.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-Veins-Theory

You just take Thermal Void, and then take everything that can generate more FoF procs (which is a lot of stuff), stack haste and prioritize clearing out FoF stacks over everything. I think you need Lady Vashj's Grips to realistically achieve infinite, but only ever on a patchwerk fight.

So with the fact that Frost AOE is terrible.

Do you guys regret them changing how Frozen Orb worked with Brain Freeze? I actually liked being able to have more than 1 Frozen Orb out at the same time. It made for some really good AOE/Cleave.

Deleted
    I liked that design. But I guess it would be approximately useless in PvP. It's a love and hate though thing since I've heard both sides on it.

Did you guys like Ray of Frost? As a person who don't know how to play a Frost Mage, I loved it. Before people go behind pillars and when I don't have my offensive Cds, I just cast that. Even after I'm CCed, I can continue to cast RoF again. Since the other 2 talents in that row suck, I find this talent amusing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    Been a big frost mage PvE player since it was somewhat viable in late Wrath...really hoping they put in the effort to even the specs like they kinda did in Warlords. Frost single target feels like it's in a good place, but AoE feels so lacking outside of the frozen orb window. Blizzard is such a bad spell right now. It needs a solid buff. Flurry also feels like it doesn't trigger enough IMO. Having played it for a bit, you enter into way too many frostbolt-glacial spike spam phases without a single FoF or BF proc. And that's if you're going Glacial spike.
    Looks like they got it the opposite way of how it's supposed to be. It's supposed to have mehh single target and no burst, but massive aoe damage/burst.

One of the problems too right now is that the artifact powers only allow one viable build - thermal void. Especially because of the Icy veins talents in there, it'll never be the best to go glacial spike with lonely winter (something I wanted to do so badly).