Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I really disagree. Yes BM did lose a few things but, I find it more complicated and more fun now than ever. I'm also finding it to be pretty strong. My iLvl is only 690 and the Hunter has 4pc LFR gear but I tried out LFR and was in the top 8 for damage on every boss. I went to the target dummy in my Garrison and tested BM against MM. I did 20% more damage as BM and that's with Chimaera Shot, Stampede, and Murder of Crows talented. MM had Barrage, L&L, and Lone Wolf. I have always played with a shot macro that included Kill Command, Arcane, and Cobra Shot. Now, because the spec has become much more dependent on cooldowns. I can only macro Kill Command and Chimaera Shot together and have Cobra on a separate key. For me, BM is more involved now than ever. MM seems simpler.

BM is far from boring. I notice very little downtime and I pretty much spam Cobra in between Kill Commands and Chimaera Shots. I really don't even watch the focus bar. I also do not have Dire Stable because I think you miss too much fun without it. My Haste is also only about 10% with Mastery in the 60's. All of my gems and enchants are still Mastery. I also use Murder of Crows and Stampede. They are both very strong.

To me, fun is doing respectable damage, without having to push too many buttons or manage too many cooldowns. Now, I have slightly fewer buttons, (but not really with Aspect of the Wild added in) and a lot more cooldowns that change constantly. Like I said, I find it a lot more involved than it has ever been.
    Well, that is an achievement!
    Anyway opinion is like an ass, everyone has it.

Deleted
    Please don't compare DPS on dummies... Also, anybody saying BM has 'more' depth than whatever else has not understood anything about what he's comparing it to.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOC StarCo View Post
    Please don't compare DPS on dummies... Also, anybody saying BM has 'more' depth than whatever else has not understood anything about what he's comparing it to.
    Who and what are you referring to? My statement that I disagreed meant that I disagreed with the general tone of the thread saying that BM has become boring. Not with any particular person.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

I really disagree. Yes BM did lose a few things but, I find it more complicated and more fun now than ever. I'm also finding it to be pretty strong. My iLvl is only 690 and the Hunter has 4pc LFR gear but I tried out LFR and was in the top 8 for damage on every boss. I went to the target dummy in my Garrison and tested BM against MM. I did 20% more damage as BM and that's with Chimaera Shot, Stampede, and Murder of Crows talented. MM had Barrage, L&L, and Lone Wolf. I have always played with a shot macro that included Kill Command, Arcane, and Cobra Shot. Now, because the spec has become much more dependent on cooldowns. I can only macro Kill Command and Chimaera Shot together and have Cobra on a separate key. For me, BM is more involved now than ever. MM seems simpler.

BM is far from boring. I notice very little downtime and I pretty much spam Cobra in between Kill Commands and Chimaera Shots. I really don't even watch the focus bar. I also do not have Dire Stable because I think you miss too much fun without it. My Haste is also only about 10% with Mastery in the 60's. All of my gems and enchants are still Mastery. I also use Murder of Crows and Stampede. They are both very strong.

To me, fun is doing respectable damage, without having to push too many buttons or manage too many cooldowns. Now, I have slightly fewer buttons, (but not really with Aspect of the Wild added in) and a lot more cooldowns that change constantly. Like I said, I find it a lot more involved than it has ever been.
    I think you are the perfect example of the targeted audience of the BM spec in Legion.

If you're happy with it, that's a good thing... I suppose.
    Last edited by Sencha; 2016-07-30 at 07:23 PM.

Deleted

Take this post as criticism to help you get into a more optimal mindset for PvE. These things stuck out:
    DPS in LFR should not be a measure of anything, since half the people are semi afk anyway!
    How can it be more involved when you dont even watch the focus bar?
    Why do you macro abilities together which should not be?
    The training dummy is never a good way to measure much of anything serious!
    (Also, I hope you did not play with Big Game Hunter on a dummy!)
    Last edited by mmoc514be02116; 2016-07-30 at 08:46 PM.

It's sad playing the spec with two buttons and getting close to optimal results. The talents really need to be looked at to add some sort of optional complexity or gameplay depth. This is almost Steady Shot scroll wheel level of bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Tried out my beasthunter, must say I'm not impressed. The specc feels, bad. Really bad. The pet dies extremly easy and to absolutely everything. Without the misdirection glyph it can't keep aggro for shit. After Elemental and Brewmaster, this specc feels the worst out of all my characters by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I think you are the perfect example of the targeted audience of the BM spec in Legion.

If you're happy with it, that's a good thing... I suppose.
    And this is so fun to read this bullshit

Deleted
    Not fun, he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by ChugChug View Post
    Im on beta. I think BM is very fun to play, easy but fun. Especially in mythic dungeons.
    Pretty much how i feel, don't think i could raid with it every night but for Mythic+ it's fun since it's a giant AOE fest and BM is the best 5 man DPS spec in the game for that right now on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Freerunz View Post
    It's not bullshit when someone who plays the game at the level as the previously quoted poster does thinks BM is fine and fun as it is now. Something that he doesn't have to pay attention to anything, that he just smashes buttons and is able to to be in the top 50% of dps in LFR. I.e., someone who doesn't raid, doesn't know how to play, and I'm rather surprised realizes something like MMO-C exists.

It seems that Blizz was shooting for making the lowest common denominator happy and that they succeeded, which rather leaves those of us who actually like some nuance out in the cold.

I don't know if bullshit is the right word. I'm glad a spec exists that can do reasonably well without much thought. I think it's a healthy part of game design that there are specs with varying difficulty. There are millions of players who don't really care about being as perfect as possible, and #NoobPlayersMatter. I just wish that the talent system would make it optional.

It was a fun post though.

Just a heads up about the Stomp talent: It doesn't work reliably at max range. You need to be less than 30 yards for it to be totally reliable.

What it seems like is happening is that the Stomp happens at a fixed time after you cast Dire Beast (rather than when it reaches the target). At max range that timer is simply too tight and the Stomp happens before it gets there (mid charge). If Blizz added a small delay to this (0.5-1 sec) it would probably fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by BendakWoW View Post
    Just a heads up about the Stomp talent: It doesn't work reliably at max range. You need to be less than 30 yards for it to be totally reliable.

What it seems like is happening is that the Stomp happens at a fixed time after you cast Dire Beast (rather than when it reaches the target). At max range that timer is simply too tight and the Stomp happens before it gets there (mid charge). If Blizz added a small delay to this (0.5-1 sec) it would probably fix it.
    Submit a bug report and ask this to be tied to the first Dire Beast melee swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    Submit a bug report and ask this to be tied to the first Dire Beast melee swing.
    I did, but I'll add the part about it happening on first swing as that's way better than just making the delay longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am curious how BM will place compared to the other two specs/all DPS in general.

Kind of want BM to be my lazy spec, like Assassination was for me throughout WoD. Just an alt I can casually raid on without putting any thought or effort into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOC StarCo View Post
    Yep dps on dummies is aoe. And sidewinders hits every dummy in range, same with barrage, whereas chim shot and stomp does not.

Very logical you gonna do more as mm on dummies than bm.

Deleted
    haha, didnt know that wow was still about this pseudo elitism.

Come on guys, do we really have to argue which spec is the "most" braindead spec to play? Its not like you need 150 apm for any spec in the game. If you aren't 40 year old and never touched any fast paced PC game at all, you cannot possibly fail at any wow spec in legion. Try hards will play whatever deals the most DPS regardless and in current legion sims, thats BM.

MM might need 10 apm more to play to his full potential than BM, but that doesn't mean its significant harder to play or master.. Both of them are easy and players know it.
    Last edited by mmoceb9bfc9bf8; 2016-08-01 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    Try hards will play whatever deals the most DPS regardless and in current legion sims, thats BM.
    Pls, show me this magical "legion sims". And what should we expect from this info?

Deleted
    Pls, show me this magical "legion sims". And what should we expect from this info?

check hunterslodge or even effin or watch top guild streamers from method or serenity, everone saying Bm is "best. Whatever the case, you missed point. If MM still turns out to be better, everyone will play MM. shrug.