Deleted

Would Blizz benefit from this?

So i was thinking, with the launch of the Warcraft movie, would it make sense to Blizz to make WoW 100% fully accessible for free to everyone for one month? Having no level cap and no class/race/expansion limitations would allow anyone to get a feeling about the true game, not the crappy trial that is totally irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    So i was thinking, with the launch of the Warcraft movie, would it make sense to Blizz to make WoW 100% fully accessible for free to everyone for one month? Having no level cap and no class/race/expansion limitations would allow anyone to get a feeling about the true game, not the crappy trial that is totally irrelevant.
    Well, they did a survey that implied everyone who bought a ticket would get WoW and all expansions except Legion for free, including one month of game time and some items or a pet or something, so they sure think it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Well, they did a survey that implied everyone who bought a ticket would get WoW and all expansions except Legion for free, including one month of game time and some items or a pet or something, so they sure think it makes sense.
    Where did they do this survey? I've must have missed it.

If they were to do that they'd need to make the new player experience less shit. Imagine phasing into the belf starting area in 2016 having standards from this decade. Your only thought could be "lol this is rubbish"

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If they were to do that they'd need to make the new player experience less shit. Imagine phasing into the belf starting area in 2016 having standards from this decade. Your only thought could be "lol this is rubbish"
    Agreed, while it is not their priority since the vast majority of players don't care about the starting area's I think for the long term success of the game they should always be updating the entire leveling experience. If your veteran players quit you don't want any new players that might want to replace them playing the worst parts of the game as their first experience.

I honestly think the whole "new players" idea is not as feasible as many people seem to think. Sure the movie opens some available venues for new players to come but I still think the vast vast vast majority of the target group in the end are current and ex WoW players.

Trying to figure out how they would pull the movie thing off. Have cards the ticket person would hand out with the tickets? Scratch off and there's the game code?

I'm definitely seeing the movie... so great.. I'll Recruit a friend myself again and powerlevel even MORE toons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I honestly think the whole "new players" idea is not as feasible as many people seem to think. Sure the movie opens some available venues for new players to come but I still think the vast vast vast majority of the target group in the end are current and ex WoW players.
    Agree with you. It really looks like the main auditory are players that are playing WoW for some time now and their friends that would like to try WoW. That's why it's recommended to start a game with friend because solo experience could be really painful in many aspects.

I really don't know if it's true or just rumors when if person buys movie ticket they get this free -to - play for month and some extra bonuses like in game toys etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Trying to figure out how they would pull the movie thing off. Have cards the ticket person would hand out with the tickets? Scratch off and there's the game code?

I'm definitely seeing the movie... so great.. I'll Recruit a friend myself again and powerlevel even MORE toons.
    Back when the first Pokémon movie came out, buying a ticket to it netted you a TCG Mew card (completely holographic, unplayable) and a random (playable) promo version of either Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos or Dragonite. You'd also get a numbered card which you could send to a given address and they'd mail you the other 3 cards you didn't get.

So I guess that more than a decade later it could be done in an even more practical way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Where did they do this survey? I've must have missed it.
    you can find the info in this thread here: Ultimate Warcraft Movie Package

please note that it was just a survey and is not set in stone to be definitely happening yet. we are still over 2 months away from the movie premier so anything can happen.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-03-10 at 02:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    Doubt they would benefit, after all, there's rumors that we might be getting a big gift for buying tickets.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    you can find the info in this thread here: Ultimate Warcraft Movie Package

please note that it was just a survey and is not set in stone to be definitely happening yet. we are still over 2 months away from the movie premier so anything can happen.
    Blizzard posts on reddit

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Doubt they would benefit, after all, there's rumors that we might be getting a big gift for buying tickets.
    You always benefit from marketing. A free month of wow might be a lot of money overall but it brings a lot more people in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    You always benefit from marketing. A free month of wow might be a lot of money overall but it brings a lot more people in.
    A free month isn't as big as rewarding people for watching the movie, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..