Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I dunno, in practice something that wants to snare you is still going to be able to and going to get away by spamming snare every GCD, since you're limited by the 4s CD and they are not. The real advantage is that they aren't going to be doing much else during that time as well. It's going to be a nice surprise talent to be sure, but I think once players get used to it, it'll fall to the wayside.
    Like I said, I don't know if it's the best. Combined with slaughterhouse, you can spam BT almost as fast as your GCD against anything 80% or lower (not hard to do.) Right now subtlety, arms and enhance appear to have the lowest opportunity cost "spammable" snares. For most everything else their snare either has a cast time, a considerable resource cost, or a CD. All you need to do is keep hitting your highest-priority attack after rampage. it gets weaker as number of combatants rises, potentially, but for that you can still opt for the hopscotch talent which is itself very potent for the sort of periodic skirmishes you see in BGs.

When was either a dps gain? I must of missed the memo

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    When was either a dps gain? I must of missed the memo
    SoO and various points during Warlords, though significantly less so than previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    SoO and various points during Warlords, though significantly less so than previously.
    Hell, I think it only ever had much damage on it to at least be relevant in PvE vs... What was it, avatar and bloodbath? Fun, sure, but I'd rather see the utility emphasized anyway. God knows we're short on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caargon View Post
    Hell, I think it only ever had much damage on it to at least be relevant in PvE vs... What was it, avatar and bloodbath? Fun, sure, but I'd rather see the utility emphasized anyway. God knows we're short on it.
    As I've said before, it was important at the time due to the fact that we didn't have many rotation changing talents. Sudden Death didn't exist, Fury had no procs, and Arms had only the one. Storm Bolt offered a unique way to change the rotational dynamic, so it was fairly well received.

Fast forward to WoD and Legion, we have talents like Sudden Death, Overpower, Wrecking Ball filling that role, so the damage component of Storm Bolt is less emphasized.

I think the main complaint isn't necessarily that it's a choice that has to be made between CC and mobility, but the fact that we as Warriors lack a lot of utility in terms of controlling our opponents. Currently in Warlords we have access to...

One Talented Stun (Stormbolt/Shockwave)
    An AoE Fear
    A Defensive Allied Talent (Vigilance, Safeguard, Mass Spell Reflect)
    Off-GCD Slow
    Commanding Shout (If Arms/Fury)
    Minor Roots Via Charge

It's not a ton but its useful enough. Moving forward in to Legion we lose just about all of these except for Commanding Shout and Hamstring. Our only hard CC shares a tier with a mobility talent, which depending on the tools other classes have could be mandatory.

Compared to say, a Windwalker Monk who going forward to Legion will still have access to One Talented hard CC, Paralysis, Healing via Talent and Effuse, and a root/snare dispel via Tiger's Lust; we warriors look very weak in in the utility department.

The issue really isn't Stormbolt and Shockwave vs Double Time, I think that's a fine choice for a player to make. The issue is that if you do pick double time you're left without any real way to control your opponent, and you're just a damage bot.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

we as Warriors lack a lot of utility in terms of controlling our opponents.
    Historically that's been a weakness of the class. I'm okay with that. If we started with a 3 second melee stun and could talent into making it either AoE or ranged, that'd be cool. Having nothing baseline and needing to talent for one 3sec CC isn't cool.

Our only hard CC shares a tier with a mobility talent, which depending on the tools other classes have could be mandatory.
    Alpha, I know, but currently I can't see double-time being optional in any kind of competitive PvP scene. Despite the paring down of CCs, reductions to the more obnoxious slows, and so on, there's still enough that with a single 20secsec charge and 30sec leap (since the rest of that tier sucks) you're likely not going to have enough uptime to maintain aggressive pressure. Fury has other options in the PvP tree where it can perhaps afford to skip DT, but arms without it is in a similar boat as DKs.

The issue really isn't Stormbolt and Shockwave vs Double Time, I think that's a fine choice for a player to make. The issue is that if you do pick double time you're left without any real way to control your opponent, and you're just a damage bot.
    Also that. I cannot tell you how infuriating it is for me to be unable to affect the course of battle any further than "press damage buttons harder than the other dude." I'm not expecting paladin utility but Jesus Christ Blizzard, throw me some kind of bone. Right now intercept, sharpen blade and rallying cry are the best we've got. That's sad. It makes me do this Don't make me do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Hell look at Surv.

Baseline:
    Aspect of cheetah being turned into a pretty strong sprint. With a high CD
    A better charge (15 second cooldown, roots for 3 seconds)
    Instant 30% heal
    Freezing Trap
    Deflect + damage reduction skill
    Hamstring (can be artifact talented to reduce damage taken)
    As a Warrior player, you are really selling me on Survival right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rads View Post
    As a Warrior player, you are really selling me on Survival right now.
    Until you play it. Everyone has a personal preference, but I really don't like their rotational mechanics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    I think the main complaint isn't necessarily that it's a choice that has to be made between CC and mobility, but the fact that we as Warriors lack a lot of utility in terms of controlling our opponents. Currently in Warlords we have access to...

One Talented Stun (Stormbolt/Shockwave)
    An AoE Fear
    A Defensive Allied Talent (Vigilance, Safeguard, Mass Spell Reflect)
    Off-GCD Slow
    Commanding Shout (If Arms/Fury)
    Minor Roots Via Charge

It's not a ton but its useful enough. Moving forward in to Legion we lose just about all of these except for Commanding Shout and Hamstring. Our only hard CC shares a tier with a mobility talent, which depending on the tools other classes have could be mandatory.

Compared to say, a Windwalker Monk who going forward to Legion will still have access to One Talented hard CC, Paralysis, Healing via Talent and Effuse, and a root/snare dispel via Tiger's Lust; we warriors look very weak in in the utility department.

wow, so we not have fear anymore? and we need to chose the only valuable stun or the double tim..

jesus pvp will be a pain in the ass against high mobility class ( read every other class in the game)

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    wow, so we not have fear anymore? and we need to chose the only valuable stun or the double tim..

jesus pvp will be a pain in the ass against high mobility class ( read every other class in the game)
    Int Shout was added back this build.