Need help with a Skylake build.

Hey guys, so it's time to upgrade my current pc.

Budget: $1300 AUD
    Resolution: 1080p
    Games / Settings Desired: I play Guild Wars, WoW, LoL, Black Desert (I would prefer if I could run this one on high+ settings), The Division. Overall I would like to play most games at max settings.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): I make videos here and there, nothing extreme though.
    Parts that can be reused: No
    Do you need an OS?: No
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?: No
    Extra note: I would like to Xfire at some point in the future, and 8 GB of Ram is fine with me unless it's absolutely necessary to have 16gb. No need for an optical drive.

Here is what I'm looking at:

Power Supply: Corsair VS650 650W ATX Power Supply - $85.00
    Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H55 - $82.00
    HDD/SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD - $105.00
    Case: CoolerMaster NSE-300-KKN2 - $56.00
    GPU: Gigabyte GV-R929OC-4GD - $389.00
    CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K - $358.00
    Motherboard: Gigabyte H170M-D3H - $155.00
    Ram: GeIL 8GB Single DDR4 2133Mhz Pristine series - $49.00
    Total: $1279

Is there much I could change, or improve on? Thanks for the input guys.

Deleted
    You have a unlocked "k" cpu, which means it can be overclocked, but you need a "Z" mobo to go along with it. Also why get an R9 290 instead of 390? Is it that much cheaper? Get a samsung ssd. Also xfire doesn't work like that. Two graphics card that got 4gb of Vram will still have 4gb of vram xfired. To make it easier to understand, they work in parallel, they are not additive.

I'd say if you want to get a decent build that you can overclock look at the following but its over your budget. Otherwise i would get an i5 6600 with an H170/B150 mobo to save money. After looking at the prices that R9 290 is a steal compared to rest, you should grab it fast.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($357.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($89.00 @ CPL Online)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($160.60 @ Newegg Australia)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($67.98 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($129.00 @ CPL Online)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($389.00 @ Umart)
    Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($105.00 @ CPL Online)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($124.00 @ CPL Online)
    Total: $1421.58
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-11 18:50 AEDT+1100

Thanks Kost, I didn't know I need a certain type of board for an unlocked cpu. The reason I went with a R9 290, is simply because a 390 is $120+ more expensive and I figured it would be easier and cheaper to just buy another 290 when I need it.

Is there a reason you doubled the price of the Case and added another $30 on to the RAM price and added another $50 on the power supply ? Or is it just personal preference.

Deleted
    This is what I'd be looking at:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($358.00 @ Umart)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X 82.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($52.00 @ Umart)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($160.60 @ Newegg Australia)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($61.60 @ Newegg Australia)
    Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($99.00 @ Centre Com)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($389.00 @ Umart)
    Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case ($58.00 @ CPL Online)
    Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra M 650W 80+ Silver Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($108.98 @ Mwave Australia)
    Total: $1287.18
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-11 21:04 AEDT+1100

I took into consideration Kos' build, as it's generally a very good core. Note that the 212X is the next generation of the EVO series of coolers. That should suit your needs perfectly.

Invest a little more and get 16GB of RAM

Some games are starting to overflow the 8GB of RAM , Division at High, TOTR at very high, last COD, last Batman etc, F4/Skyrim with mods

Quote Originally Posted by Takure View Post
    Is there a reason you doubled the price of the Case and added another $30 on to the RAM price and added another $50 on the power supply ? Or is it just personal preference.
    The case you picked was crap. Sorry, but it's just a cheaply made case with not a lot of good features. The NZXT is known to be a decent quality case at the low end. My choice is normally the Corsair 200R, but not sure what the prices for it are like there. May be worth a alook but I am almost positive Kost would have looked at it.

The RAM he chose is Low Profile, in order to be able to fit under the air cooler he chose which will perform better than the AIO Liquid cooler you chose.

The PSU is a known reputable brand that uses Seasonic OEM which uses the highest quality Japanese capacitors and has excellent QA.

So yeah, he had reasons, not just preference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Invest a little more and get 16GB of RAM

Some games are starting to overflow the 8GB of RAM , Division at High, TOTR at very high, last COD, last Batman etc, F4/Skyrim with mods
    That's great advice, and normally, I'd be all for future-proofing. But Autralian prices are so far beyond FUBAR for what you get it's not funny. It's a good part of why I changed some of the components from Kos' build around, although I'm not 100% on the Fractal Integra M range of PSUs, in terms of OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    although I'm not 100% on the Fractal Integra M range of PSUs, in terms of OEM.
    http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page530.htm

Looks like they are made by ATNG, whoever the heck that is, they make all the Newtons and Teslas from Fractal Design also though.