Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Either Trump or Hillary, they both seek to give our organizations competitive advantages. Sanders supporters are self-loathing people who hate economic success.

Just about any Libertarian party candidate.

Or someone who proposes dissolving the US completely. You wouldn't have a national debt, there would be no military to spend money on, you could literally just look at whatever your local taxes were and that would be IT. You'd be paying rates like 5% income and 10% sales, and if the rates were increased youd see VASTLY more social services in response, whether or not you think they should exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Just about any Libertarian party candidate.

Or someone who proposes dissolving the US completely. You wouldn't have a national debt, there would be no military to spend money on, you could literally just look at whatever your local taxes were and that would be IT. You'd be paying rates like 5% income and 10% sales, and if the rates were increased youd see VASTLY more social services in response, whether or not you think they should exist.
    Sales tax hits poor people disproportionately. I'm not even going to address the rest of the sillyness.

Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders, probably the edge going to Clinton due to Sander's protectionist leanings.

Republicans have been universally terrible for the economy since they swallowed the supply side/trickle down/voodoo economics koolaid. The economic performance difference between the two parties is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    So you like more taxes?
    The tax rate for most people doesn't really change. The increased tax mostly affect the top richest people.

And if the tax money are used for free education and medical care, it will benefit all Americans. Less expense on education and medical care = increased income for average families.

On the other hand, higher minimum wage can affect a lot of people, higher minimum wage = higher income = higher purchase power, which is a good boost for economy.

Bernie's policy is basically tax the rich to help the poor people and shrinking middle class. He does what he says.

I am sure ISIS appreciates you looking out for them.
    If it wasn't for US military involvement in the region Isis wouldn't even exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders, probably the edge going to Clinton due to Sander's protectionist leanings.

Republicans have been universally terrible for the economy since they swallowed the supply side/trickle down/voodoo economics koolaid. The economic performance difference between the two parties is massive.
    Bill Clinton actually signed into law the bill that caused the 08 crash so now who's good for the economy?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    If it wasn't for US military involvement in the region Isis wouldn't even exist.
    Whatever the reason may be (totally not due to pulling out and leaving a vacuum btw), ISIS needs to be eliminated.

Bombing them is not "bombing poor people of other countries."

It's eradicating a threat to that region as well as western civilization.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's eradicating a threat to that region as well as western civilization.
    ISIS isn't remotely a threat to western civilization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Hate to say it but probably Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    ISIS isn't remotely a threat to western civilization.
    Exactly as much as Republicans say we need to whatever... Sometimes other countries need to get their shit together themselves.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    Sales tax hits poor people disproportionately. I'm not even going to address the rest of the sillyness.
    It depends how the sales tax is applied, to some extent. Generally how it is applied it does affect the poor more, which isn't even necessarily a bad thing economically. Not that I was advocating for it, just thats typically how the tax situation is already set up in most states.

As far as the rest of it goes, I think anyone would agree that not having an astronomical national debt hanging over every citizens head would be an economic boon.

Deleted
    So you like more taxes?
    Nothing necessarily wrong with taxes as long as they hit proportional - and fair - to the income/wealth. The US have pretty low taxes for higher incomes/wealth - you could easily increase those a bit and generate a lot of additional income that could be spent on other issues.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2016-03-11 at 07:18 PM.

Exactly as much as Republicans say we need to whatever... Sometimes other countries need to get their shit together themselves.
    I can almost guarantee you if there was intervention against ISIS, but all of the costs of intervening had to be paid by donations that it would NEVER happen. All you'd have to do is estimate the costs and kickstart the intervention, put a price tag of 100B on it and go over there when the goal is reached. You probably couldn't even raise 20B to take out ISIS.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gary Johnson. Consumption tax with prebates on necessary goods. If you're really interested in your middle-class audience's money, the elimination of income tax will benefit you the most.

Hilary, only pro free trade candidate I think. It's like people don't learn about the causes of the great depression or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Gary Johnson. Consumption tax. If you're really interested in your middle-class audience's money, the elimination of income tax will benefit you the most.
    Can we not eliminate income tax, thanks? I like the government being able to afford shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Hilary, only pro free trade candidate I think. It's like people don't learn about the causes of the great depression or something.
    Like I already said her husband literally caused that shit.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Gary Johnson. Consumption tax with prebates on necessary goods. If you're really interested in your middle-class audience's money, the elimination of income tax will benefit you the most.
    I didn't know there was a moderator who advocated Libertarian positions or who even knew who Gary Johnson was, although you are from dirty New Mexico, which at least explains the Gary Johnson part.

So you like more taxes?
    Taxes aren't evil, taxes are good thing, miss use of tax money is a bad thing, spending on education, infrastructure, ect is beneficial to society

Like I already said her husband literally caused that shit.
    Both Bernie and Trump want to go "made in America" which will only hurt the economy. Honestly if you can buy something for cheaper than you can make it why would you make it?