Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Whispers of the Old Gods confirmed!

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...-the-old-gods/

The cards so far seem bland and meh.

The tickle image and link is lol-worthy.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...7720842112.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...-the-old-gods/

The cards so far seem bland and meh.

The tickle image and link is lol-worthy.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...7720842112.jpg
    Corrupted Healbot could be good, you just can't save it for when you REALLY need the heal. If it eats a silence something else you have is more powerful, plus you still have a 6/6 out for 5 which isn't bad stats at all.

I think it will see play.

Polluted hoarder and Validated Doomsayer seem pretty meh.

Cthun looks weak as shit by himself, but his 2 support cards buff him nicely and they have proper stats for their cost. I could see him in midrange/control decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Corrupted Healbot could be good, you just can't save it for when you REALLY need the heal. If it eats a silence something else you have is more powerful, plus you still have a 6/6 out for 5 which isn't bad stats at all.

I think it will see play.

Polluted hoarder and Validated Doomsayer seem pretty meh.

Cthun looks weak as shit by himself, but his 2 support cards buff him nicely and they have proper stats for their cost. I could see him in midrange/control decks.
    Corrupted heal bot heals your opponent, only person who would silence it is yourself.I'll be back later though for more stuff!

Having a deck that builds C'thun's attack power to something completely absurd then playing him and one shotting your opponent could be funny.

I can see Corrupted Healbot being great for control priests, because they can turn the 8 heal into damage with an Auchenai Soulpriest. Also works really well with Zombie Chows. In arena it should also be solid.

Interested in seeing the other old gods cards, seem fun.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I can see Corrupted Healbot being great for control priests, because they can turn the 8 heal into damage with an Auchenai Soulpriest. Also works really well with Zombie Chows. In arena it should also be solid.
    Zombie Chow will be gone for Standard though, but Wild it could work.

I'm calling it now. C'thun Freeze Mage decks. Clear board with Frost Nova + Doomsayer then play a huge C'thun for 20+ face damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Corrupted heal bot heals your opponent, only person who would silence it is yourself.I'll be back later though for more stuff!
    Uhhg missed that..

So priest deck or gtfo.

Pretty meh then.

Deleted
    Isn't Validated Doomsayer pretty bad vs priest. Nothing really mind blowing yet.

Not very many exciting cards thus far, though at least a C'thun deck looks like it could be amusing, even if its competitive viability remains to be seen.

Sure hope they nerf that BGH too; it's such a lame card.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Acronym is offensive, we're doomed.
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...ic/20742854156
    The acronym would be more like WotOG, though. If you type it as WOG people are gonna be like "whisper of gods?" and it's just be really confusing.

Not that that guy's complaint wouldn't be pants-on-head retarded in either case.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I'm calling it now. C'thun Freeze Mage decks. Clear board with Frost Nova + Doomsayer then play a huge C'thun for 20+ face damage.
    I want to see him used in a fatigue rogue deck.

As always well have to wait for the big picture. A lot of LoE cards looked weak in the previews too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    I mean of what we have seen so far that wouldn't really work. Fatigue rogue doesn't have that much wiggle room in what cards they can drop and still concievably play out the way they want. Unless you are suggesting a non mill fatigue deck, in which case that could work not sure how it would play out though.

Since mill rogue will lose healbot and deathlord it will be a terrible deck maybe some new cards will help.

C'thun is atm the new Maly, so rogue will play some of his minions and then on turn 10-14 he will play C'thun + coin + stealth and finish you next turn.

In Wild you will see some crazy mage dublicate plays but in Standart he wont be played alot maybe if his minions have some good class synergy.

The new doomsayer is arena only and only playable after you cleared the board.

The healbot is only playable as priest or with a mill/otk deck.

The new Hoarder will only see play in arena if your other 2 cards to choose from are even more terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeees, they riiise!

In terms of Warcraft lore, the Old Gods are my favorite thing. Hope we get some glimpses of the ones we haven't seen in WoW yet, like N'Zoth.

According to youtube comments on Kripp's video, C'thun and cards which buff C'thun won't be able to be drafted in Arena. I dunno about anyone else, but I find this extremely disappointing if it's true, especially when the two C'thun buff cards they've shown aren't even that bad. 2/3 for 2 and 3/4 for 3 with what is otherwise no effect isn't bad.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I was under the impression Kripp was saying they are less valuable to draft since you aren't likely to get C'Thun.

I was under the impression Kripp was saying they are less valuable to draft since you aren't likely to get C'Thun.
    Arena will not have the C’Thun cards included. Since they have specific synergy with 1 card they decided to not have them even show up in arena at all.
    From source: http://hearthstone.blizzpro.com/2016...ods-announced/