Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    apologies I must have missed it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    Isn't Validated Doomsayer pretty bad vs priest. Nothing really mind blowing yet.
    Yeah, but virtually every minion is "pretty bad vs priest" under one circumstance or another.

Corrupted Healbot has a good statline for its cost. 6/6 for 5 means it trades 2-for-1 against most other 4~6 drops. Especially good against Sylvanas, which will probably see a lot more play in Standard.

Polluted Hoarder has a mediocre statline, but card draw is super valuable and it trades decently with most 3~4 drops (especially with several cards rotating out of Standard). It's probably good enough to see play in decks like Warrior, which can use weapons to control the board early on, at least as a one-of. Frankly, this is probably the quality of 4-drops we can expect going forward in Standard, and it's a lot healthier than stuff like Shredder.

We won't be able to really judge C'Thun decks until we see the other Cultists, but just based on what we have to go on, things are looking pretty positive. The current cultists have good baseline stats and C'Thun has a powerful, immediate effect. If Paladins can make Anyfin work despite the murlocs being weak baseline minions, I think this archetype should be solid.

With 16 different C'Thun cards, I'm sure there's also going to be something that can immediately pull him out of your deck, reduce his mana cost, or potentially bring him back from the dead.

Speculation:

Apparently there will be at least two new Dragon minions. Ultraxion? Chromatus? Twilight or Nightmare dragonflights?

Looks like Hogger is one of the minions getting an "evil twin" card.

Should be at least a couple new murlocs.

I wonder if the nerubians, qiraji, mantid, and n'raqi will be divided up between Yog-Sarron, C'Thum, Y'Shaarj, and N'Zoth.

Twilight Cult seems reasonable. Maybe Cho'Gall as a Legendary that interacts with C'Thun?

Valeera's story in the WoW comic involved C'Thun and the Twilight Cult (as well as Garona), so I could see that stuff maybe getting tied into the rogue class.

Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl seems like it would be a shoe-in for a new warrior weapon.

I really, really hope that Y'Shaarj has a Deathrattle that fills your board with the seven Sha.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2016-03-12 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    With 16 different C'Thun cards, I'm sure there's also going to be something that can immediately pull him out of your deck, reduce his mana cost, or potentially bring him back from the dead.
    I actually think this one is pretty likely, since the cards specifically make sure to say "Wherever it is", unlike Mistcaller which specifies hand and deck.

Then again, it's also possible that's reading too far into it, and it could just be because it's easier than saying "Give C'thun +x/+x whether he's in your hand, deck, or field"

But...maybe Legendary Cho'gall with deathrattle to revive C'thun in some way? Battlecry seems like it would be too OP, unless it was like, "Reshuffle C'thun into your deck".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I actually think this one is pretty likely, since the cards specifically make sure to say "Wherever it is", unlike Mistcaller which specifies hand and deck.
    Noxious mentioned that they said at the press event that the "wherever it is" buff is linked to the player, so if you were to revive C'Thun with Resurrect, it would retain the buff. Since that mechanic is present, I assume it'll be reused.

There's also a very strong possibility that there will be at least one anti-C'Thun tech card.

I kind of like the idea of a card that will burn through your deck until it finds C'Thun, then put it in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Noxious mentioned that they said at the press event that the "wherever it is" buff is linked to the player, so if you were to revive C'Thun with Resurrect, it would retain the buff. Since that mechanic is present, I assume it'll be reused.

There's also a very strong possibility that there will be at least one anti-C'Thun tech card.

I kind of like the idea of a card that will burn through your deck until it finds C'Thun, then put it in your hand.
    I didn't even think of Resurrect, I don't play priest like, at all, probably should fix that.

Either way, if this expansion goes through and there isn't a Cho'gall card tied to C'thun that does something amazing (Whether it's burn through your deck until it finds him, or bring him back from the dead, which would make more sense because that's what Cho'gall set off to do in the first place), I'll be sad.