Sound management.

Here's the deal. I like being able to hear my rotation, audibly. Problem is in a raid situation (and sometimes 5 man) there's so much noise pollution of things that I really don't want or need to hear that it can get distracting.

I found this http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/mute-wow-sounds but that's not really quite what I want to do.

What would be perfect would be if there was a way to make an addon that made it only play sounds for combat events relevant to me (preferably by muting the other sounds so other UI sounds would still work, but could also simply play sounds that affect me through the master channel). I have no idea if that's even possible within the UI nor how difficult that would be if it is.

What I was thinking for a possible easy solution would be to simply play with sound effects off, and then use an addon (or possible Weak Auras) to simply play the select sounds I want through the master channel as the boss mods do.

This addon is kinda the right idea, however it doesn't play through the master channel and is lacking some of the options I would need (can't play sound on player spellcast, only target).

I see a possible solution as the use of WeakAuras or similar to play those sounds as response to triggers for those events.
    That way they can be directed through the Master channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.