Thread: Legion Transmog

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Im actually shocked over how little information that one of the biggest things ever added to the game.
    I mean we've been doing RAID testing for godsake now for a while.
    Im a farmer, a collector, i love this aspect as much as i love raiding. But dammit i want some concrete answers by now. soon to be half a year since they announced this and ive heard diddlysquat about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Im actually shocked over how little information that one of the biggest things ever added to the game.
    I mean we've been doing RAID testing for godsake now for a while.
    Im a farmer, a collector, i love this aspect as much as i love raiding. But dammit i want some concrete answers by now. soon to be half a year since they announced this and ive heard diddlysquat about this.
    It'd help if you asked those questions, as there may be answers already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they officially gave a reason on why all those collection unlock restriction ? Unlocking an appearance has nothing to do with transmog rules, yet you are extremely limited and must rely on an army of alt to get and farm rare BoP mogs. From what I've heard you have to do loremaster 8 times to complete the collection from this source. All this is creating pretty strong concerns among the players on the official forums, seems growing. Yet I saw no answer outside of "it works like this" "clarificarion" posts by community managers.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-04-18 at 08:29 AM.

8 loremasters seems very unlikely - you're going to see a lot of repeatedly used armor in quests that you will get from 5 different sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It is awesome that quest rewards will be saved for when the wardrobe is launched, but I wonder if anyone could answere this question: On my paladin I was alliance up to lvl 72, at that point I went horde and has been ever since, this was in early WOTLK, does anyone know if I will have to redo all of the early (vanilla and TBC) quests, or if they`re still stored?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    WRONG. Only the stuff the class can wear will be unlocked meaning that ie when you run it with your mage cloth will be unlocked for the mage but the warrior chest wont be unlocked for your warrior.
    I believe you are correct and I believe this is a very foolish decision on their part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I believe you are correct and I believe this is a very foolish decision on their part.
    Yeah I find that completly stupid too...I had expected them to do it the clever way buy having a account wide transmog clothed and when a warrior chest drops on your mage its unlocked for your warrior(s) but no they have to screw that up making one for every toon....

Really can't wait for the Legion prepatch! Loving the t-mog system.

Could I get some clarification on quest rewards?

My understanding is that any quest you have done/will do before the pre patch you will unlock the mog. Does this follow the current rules (Plate > Plate, Cloth > Cloth etc) or are all quest rewards unlocked regardless of weapon/armor type?

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    Could I get some clarification on quest rewards?

My understanding is that any quest you have done/will do before the pre patch you will unlock the mog. Does this follow the current rules (Plate > Plate, Cloth > Cloth etc) or are all quest rewards unlocked regardless of weapon/armor type?
    As it stands now in the Alpha, if you finish a quest on a mage that offers a cloth chest and a plate chest, only the cloth chest appearance would be unlocked. You would have to do repeat the entire quest chain again on a plate wearer.

I'm really hoping they change their mind on this as most people have barely gotten Loremaster once, I don't see the purpose in forcing us to do every quest in every zone 4+ times just to collect all the appearances.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2016-04-21 at 03:04 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    As it stands now in the Alpha, if you finish a quest on a mage that offers a cloth chest and a plate chest, only the cloth chest appearance would be unlocked. You would have to do repeat the entire quest chain again on a plate wearer.

I'm really hoping they change their mind on this as most people have barely gotten Loremaster once, I don't see the purpose in forcing us to do every quest in every zone 4+ times just to collect all the appearances.
    For starters, no one is forcing you to do anything. You won't need to do 4 full Loremasters to obtain every transmog from quests even if you compelled to get it all. There's usually some overlap with BoE pieces.

It would be a very large quality of life change if they decide to allow characters to unlock everything. But I'm gonna be happy with their current design anyway. It's already such an improvement to no longer have to keep items in storage to use them for transmog.

Collecting every model(or every obtainable model) is not a problem. I am going for ALL ITEMS PER MODEL. Or at least all available.

And I kills bosses 101 times on each difficulty and size that gives Statistic for the "fun" of it...

Gotta find something to entertain myself while everything else (or almost) in the game is completed.

What I am really worried about is what ppl stated before. For example Zul'gurub (level 60) sets, deleted them all due to space and if the model is there and shows the specific item in the tab I am going to go insane not because I dont have it but because i HAD it and deleted it like pretty much every single person who played the game long enough to run out of space in every single bag and bank space the game has to offer.

As you all might know, there is a very limited space compared to all the souvenirs old players want to hold to. Or you think I am going to drop Nightbane's urn even if its grey.... Hell no! Its a souvenir!

Anyway, I guess it would be nice if blizzard removed the sources of each model so us OCD ppl dont have to go THAT insane.
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2016-04-28 at 07:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's my question as well, as a Vanilla Warrior who raided ZG and deleted my Zin'rokh ages ago, will it count as collected?

Edit: I think it was called Jin'Rokh back in Vanilla haha

Quote Originally Posted by 3intrah View Post
    That's my question as well, as a Vanilla Warrior who raided ZG and deleted my Zin'rokh ages ago, will it count as collected?

Edit: I think it was called Jin'Rokh back in Vanilla haha
    I guess it wont. Hope i am wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    I guess it wont. Hope i am wrong.
    By the Gods I hope you are wrong indeed!

It absolutely won't count deleted raid gear, sorry. They can't keep track of that.

It's nearly as hard to get but that model is still in the game with the Archeology version, Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds or the blue skinned version Vengeful Gladiator's Greatsword.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2016-04-28 at 09:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It absolutely won't count deleted raid gear, sorry. They can't keep track of that.
    I did actually just read that it would count deleted quest gear, so I'm wondering why not deleted raid gear?

Quote Originally Posted by 3intrah View Post
    I did actually just read that it would count deleted quest gear, so I'm wondering why not deleted raid gear?
    Yeah quests are different. All the quests are numbered and the server can already track a true/false if you've completed a certain quest.

From what I gather, they don't even know which quest reward you picked so they will just give you all the possible options designed for your class.

It would be grand of them to actually unlock ALL the rewards, but one can dream. Having to pretty much do Loremaster as Alliance and Horde already has been a pretty long task.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2016-04-28 at 09:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah quests are different. All the quests are numbered and the server can already track a true/false if you've completed a certain quest.
    Well, that is reassuring at least. I wonder if I could submit a ticket and ever so politely request a restoration haha.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone on the Alpha, what exactly does the interface look like? I've seen brief images, but is there a search function? Does it work by Item Name or what? Can you search by the Method of obtaining (i.e. Tier Set/Quest Rewards/PVP Set). I'm thinking along the lines of Atlas Loots way of separating Armour into sets, and how WoWHead has them all named (i.e. DK Starting Set is Saronite War Battleplate, and rest are called Saronite War Battleplate (Recolour) (http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=...ar-battleplate)).
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )