Thread: Legion Transmog

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Legion Transmog

Legion trantsmoge system is like Diablo 3 one. Is that means, we don`t need to run the old raids to trantsmoge our gears???

Right now the wardrobe system isn't in-game, so if you want to have stuff for your transmog collection you need to hang onto it (besides quest rewards, those will get added automatically).

After Patch 7.0 when the Legion pre-patch happens, you can run an old raid and everything you loot will automatically get added to your wardrobe, so after you loot the item you can immediately vendor it because its appearance will be unlocked.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    After Patch 7.0 when the Legion pre-patch happens, you can run an old raid and everything you loot will automatically get added to your wardrobe
    WRONG. Only the stuff the class can wear will be unlocked meaning that ie when you run it with your mage cloth will be unlocked for the mage but the warrior chest wont be unlocked for your warrior.

So that means, I can`t trantsmoge mystic Hellfire gear without runing it?? :P

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Will the unlocks be account wide?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm picturing it working kind of like mounts do now, with some faction restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the worst ideas they ever added imo. In theory it's good, but for collectors, this means hundreds, maybe thousands of hours farming stuff to complete your wardrobe. Not to mention the gold you have to pay on AH for insanely rare or unobtainable items.

This will also increase ninjaing ALOT. People taking stuff to their wardrobe that are otherwise useless to them, statwise etc.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    This is one of the worst ideas they ever added imo. In theory it's good, but for collectors, this means hundreds, maybe thousands of hours farming stuff to complete your wardrobe. Not to mention the gold you have to pay on AH for insanely rare or unobtainable items.

This will also increase ninjaing ALOT. People taking stuff to their wardrobe that are otherwise useless to them, statwise etc.
    Oh no, there's too many optional cosmetic things to collect... As a player that mostly plays for achievements and a little bit of pvp, I welcome another list of items to farm. Maybe I can even make some money now with my rare blacksmithing recipes. Also the ninjaing part is nonsense, people already need on everything in old raids unless it's need before greed, and then they only need on the stuff they can equip.
    Last edited by Shogol; 2016-03-13 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    So that means, I can`t trantsmoge mystic Hellfire gear without runing it?? :P
    Only gear pieces that you can equip and are already in your possession (on character, bank or void storage). If you don't have any of it, you'll have to go to mythic hellfire.

Oh no you mean there will actually be things to do? The shame!

Deleted
    i love the new wardorbe already^^ there will be so much free space in my void storages und bankaccounts...nearly every one of my toons has its own collection of transmogg gear. on my monk i use the druid t2 alternativ version aus den bc heroic inis and now i dont have to farm it a 2nd time for my druid^^ or 3. version of blue rouge t2 set...*dance*

This is probably the most idiotic complaint I heard in a while. Do you really think Blizzard should cater to some tiny fraction of people who feel like they need to complete everything to feel satisfaction? And even among completionist I find it hard to believe most of them will be sad that there will be a huge, very hard to complete list to fill, they mostly love this kind of stuff.

For people who don't suffer some weird collectionist/completionist syndrome this feature is god send, freeing up loads of bank space and making it easier to get nice transmog on your alts, since it's gonna be account wide.

Does it include weapons?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    Does it include weapons?
    Yes it does.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I am so excited for this, when I got the alpha invite it was the first thing I wanted to check out....but it wasn't active XD. My void?bank/bags are full, this needed to happen, and it did!

a few things i would like to know:

1) I remember doing a quest on my blood elf paladin back in burning crusade that rewarded a cool polearm. said quest, and polearm, is no longer in the game. And since i have faction and race-changed said paladin 5 times, can they still track the quest as completed, and unlock the polearm apearence?

2) Quel'Delar. I've done the quest, and got the 2h sword back in wrath. will all the other weapon apearences be unlocked aswell? the 1-hand sword and the maces or whatever you could recieve.

3) the AQ quests. They reward tier 2.5 gear, yet they are repeatable. does it track completion, or do i have to save the gear in my bank?

Deleted

In GW2 the skin market is perhaps the biggest one on their AH. A system like this opens alot of opportunities for farming,gold making,time consuming,you name it things. Perhaps people will start running deadmines for...reasons,or level up a warrior to unlock the warrior tier - if what people saying its true (which i think its not). Right now im thinking how this should be in the game like...forever,seems so mandatory to me,yet it comes on the 7th expansion. Better late than never.
    And id like to add that whatever i have seen so far from the wow wardrobe is the best implementation of such an in-game system.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    a few things i would like to know:

1) I remember doing a quest on my blood elf paladin back in burning crusade that rewarded a cool polearm. said quest, and polearm, is no longer in the game. And since i have faction and race-changed said paladin 5 times, can they still track the quest as completed, and unlock the polearm apearence?

2) Quel'Delar. I've done the quest, and got the 2h sword back in wrath. will all the other weapon apearences be unlocked aswell? the 1-hand sword and the maces or whatever you could recieve.

3) the AQ quests. They reward tier 2.5 gear, yet they are repeatable. does it track completion, or do i have to save the gear in my bank?
    1) Yes I believe so

2) From my understanding the "Swords" quest and the "Maces" quests are two different quests so you'd need to have done it on 2 toons minimum.

3) Maybe, find the quest on wowhead and put the quest ID in this macro, if it says true then the game has marked that quest as complete.

/run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(555))

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Finally I can get my bank slots free, all my characters has bank slots filled with tmog..

10+ Year Old Account

It seems that you're a collector like me, and I have to admit that the transmog system can be very enjoyable when completed. The problem is to actually complete it. There is currently around 35780 gear+7417 weapon to get.

Here's the excellent points :
    -All reward from quests are unlocked regardless of your class

Here's the problems:
    -Too many retired BoE, will take decades of daily browsing through AH and forums.
    -It's an item collection system not an appearance collection system, which multiplies the collecting process by a LOT.
    -Your main character can't unlock BoP gear, so the grind is multiplied by roughly 4 (1 for each armor type).

Maybe we should make sure the devs knows about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Oh no you mean there will actually be things to do? The shame!
    Well, there is already "too many" things to do (by that I mean that the things to do are there). Show me your 100% achi, pet, mounts, toys and title collection :P Not even talking about retired

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    This is probably the most idiotic complaint I heard in a while. Do you really think Blizzard should cater to some tiny fraction of people who feel like they need to complete everything to feel satisfaction? And even among completionist I find it hard to believe most of them will be sad that there will be a huge, very hard to complete list to fill, they mostly love this kind of stuff.

For people who don't suffer some weird collectionist/completionist syndrome this feature is god send, freeing up loads of bank space and making it easier to get nice transmog on your alts, since it's gonna be account wide.
    Yes they should listen, because a lot of people, if not most, can feel pleasure when completing a collection. Make the collection too large making it irrelevant, will make most players not interested in completing it, which can only be detrimental to the game.
    Collecting in video game is very common, even though it mostly comes from console gaming. I think that it's just that most people lower their objectives either because they don't have the time, or they feel it's not feasible to complete everything, so they stick to a few rare mounts and feel done with it.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-03-25 at 01:52 PM.

It's the best thing they could do for transmog, now I'll have free space in my bags.