Hunter coming back

Howdy all.
    I've stopped raiding and playing wow altogether before hfc came out. Well, the raiding bug has bit me again and I'm trying to gear up to start raiding.
    Thing is, is MM the only spec everyone uses? I guess from what I read sv is dead, but even bm isn't viable? Not talking raiding hardcore, I mean I still need to get gear (currently at 708/710), but I am already bored of MM playstyle (don't have t18 yet, still full mythic t17, having t18 could change things up). Also got yesterday normal class trinket, from the looks of it it sucks unless i'm at 30+ yards away (gl), but on bm it kinda rocks.
    I'm currently gearing as MM, but if the difference between specs is not that big... I would prefer BM.

I've been able to pug all the way through HC as BM without any problems, but then I have no intention of setting foot in Mythic. Still at 2pc though and from what I understand with 4pc MM is streets ahead. With the class trinket and valor upgraded HC gear BM seems to be just fine for HC, but if it's Mythic you're ultimately interested in I suspect you will have to go MM sooner or later, especially if you get the set.

Deleted
    You play MM in mythic, because with your T18 4-piece (Aimshot becomes an instant cast) you are the number one for a fast switch to adds.

Most mythic raids will tell you to go MM or get kicked. I once still had BM active from PvP and got kicked before i even entered the raid. BM is just not useful for progress.

For trinkets: You should try to get the Blademaster trinket (from Council), the Malicious Censer (from Velhari) and the Coil (from Iron Reaver).

The Class trinket is better on paper, but during progress, you won't be able to stand away 35+yards on most fights.

Well, I'm already gearing up for mm (and yes I aim to raid mythic, just need the gear to get there). Oh well, looks like I "missed" an entire content patch playing only 1 spec, which at this point I would be braindead of not giving a fuck and raiding bm. SOO at least I switched between sv/bm so some fights, but given that yous guys say that as soon as I get t18 4pc it's MM or kick...

HFC is very much about target switching to burst down high-priority single targets. BM sucks at that. It's that simple, really. I mained BM and always hated MM -- desperately wanted to avoid switching to MM. But for me, being relatively ineffective at my job as DPS on progression was frustrating and unfun.