Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Blizzard seems to have turned the spec into more of a "master" of beasts...

I suppose that the Spec Title fits the name more, since BM Hunters in Legion seem to treat their pets like slaves or throw away things, rather then the close companions with a strong spiritual, almost mental bond.

The spec also looks very lazy to play. We all know that having a pet that can attack your target as ANY class is Overpowered in itself. Blizzard seems to have taken that silly trait and ran with it, making the spec into a "Throw NPCS at your target cause it's OP and your BM"

The spec has potential. It could have been about giving the hunter more direct control over their pet, making the the gameplay more about knowing when to have your pet close to deal with melee encounters or when to have it out and on your ranged target....

I think we all know that the spec will do OP damage though, and I think that Hunters honestly don't care about that. I think more Hunters would rather have the fantasy be Pet + Hunter VS World rather than, Pet + NPCS VS World.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the looks. And I think this "Norse mythology"-esque creature idea is also pretty cool. But I've no idea how it plays out as Blizzard doesn't find me good enough to enter the beta.

BM is fun on Legion and i like Hati, I'm using the bow customization right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Blizzard seems to have turned the spec into more of a "master" of beasts...

I suppose that the Spec Title fits the name more, since BM Hunters in Legion seem to treat their pets like slaves or throw away things, rather then the close companions with a strong spiritual, almost mental bond.

The spec also looks very lazy to play. We all know that having a pet that can attack your target as ANY class is Overpowered in itself. Blizzard seems to have taken that silly trait and ran with it, making the spec into a "Throw NPCS at your target cause it's OP and your BM"

The spec has potential. It could have been about giving the hunter more direct control over their pet, making the the gameplay more about knowing when to have your pet close to deal with melee encounters or when to have it out and on your ranged target....

I think we all know that the spec will do OP damage though, and I think that Hunters honestly don't care about that. I think more Hunters would rather have the fantasy be Pet + Hunter VS World rather than, Pet + NPCS VS World.
    Glyph of Dire beast solve your problem when you use it dire will call random Dire form of your 5 pets.Atm seems not work correct because if you have only 1 pet he will still call different beasts sometimes
    Persoonally i like BM in legion its boring at begining but once you get more gear and invest more points in to artefact its became prety nice for play only problem is few talents who have no use at all especially these in lv 100 and also my toon use the Race attack voices instead traditional Beastmastery ones
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-05-24 at 03:46 AM.

Current beta implementation looks like they use garrison follower super annoying features skinned into wolf pet. Its mind boggling, horrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Current beta implementation looks like they use garrison follower super annoying features skinned into wolf pet. Its mind boggling, horrible idea.
    That is not true, Hati copys your pet. He attacks who ever your pet is after, what ever command you give your pet Hati does also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    That is not true, Hati copys your pet. He attacks who ever your pet is after, what ever command you give your pet Hati does also.
    Also hits for alot more thant these guardian "champions"

Hati is okay. I like having 2 pets but I have some concerns about BM in terms of Hati.

1. On wowhead there's a 0/20 artifact trait that increases Hati damage. All other hunter specs it's a blanket +dmg. So BM only gets a 10% buff on our non-controlled (as of right now) pet.

2. I've also noticed that Hati does not inherit any pet abilities from our main pet (for example: Charge). Kinda annoying to see my bear charge on in and then see Hati just saunter on in a few seconds later.

3. The electricity sound Hati makes every few seconds is annoying.

4. I do like the item that transforms Hati to look like your pet. Having 2 bears mauling stuff looks kinda cool, even if one still crackles with electricity.

Give Beast Mastery Hunters direct control over Hati and it should be decent. There is an item players can buy in the Class Order Hall that changes Hati's appearance to match your pet's.
    Last edited by RedGamer030; 2016-06-07 at 03:22 AM.

I like the idea of Haati but would trade it for a passive increase to main pet damage if they go live with the 2 min CD on death

Deleted
    The debuff is so outrageous and awkward that I do feel like it'll get adjusted multiple times during the expansion. For better, then worse again. :P

Also, it's the intention to make Hati fully controllable. I'll cross my fingers they manage to pull it off before release. Only problem I have with him so far is how important he is in PvP together with how easily he dies and how crappy 2 mins of debuff are.
    Last edited by mmoc7f25e17046; 2016-06-07 at 02:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Was mostly wondering what peoples opinions on this were.

Personally, I find it odd. Pets are a big thing for hunters, BM especially who got their own selection of "exotic pets". And in Legion they may be getting this new unique thunder wolf, but they have also no choice in the matter.
    Actually there is a glyph(?) that instead of summoning Haiti you summon two of your primary pet so you're not forced to use the wolf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Actually there is a glyph(?) that instead of summoning Haiti you summon two of your primary pet so you're not forced to use the wolf.
    Nah, you can "transmog" Hati to look like a pet in your stable. It's possible to generate nice combos with that, like a boar and a hawk to have a Rexxar theme, for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by St4rC0 View Post
    Nah, you can "transmog" Hati to look like a pet in your stable. It's possible to generate nice combos with that, like a boar and a hawk to have a Rexxar theme, for example.
    Ahh thank you for clarifying. I think Hati looks awesome so I probably won't use the item, but I am tempted to have a night elf with two Banthalos owls running around.

Haati is like your mom, disgusting

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-06-11 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a purple model for him? I thought I seen one and now I can't seem to find it...

Anyways, a Bird would of been way cooler. Something that sits on your shoulder of flies next to you when passive. Even a small Dragon. Having two large pets chasing me around seems like it would be too much. But meh, I love the pets so whatever. I just think it's kinda boring. Why not a special mount? Like Shadowmere from Oblivion! :P

BTW, I so want the black/red PvP Unicorn mount.

I've pretty much decided to skip Haati. I plan (for now) to level as SV so I really learn the spec, then start the BM artifact stuff after level 100. At that point I'll be able to swap Haati for one of my stabled pets, so I'll just have two of my own pets out.

Still time to think about all this, but that's the way I'm leaning atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by St4rC0 View Post
    Is there a link somewhere to exactly how this will work? I plan to use this option and wonder what hoops I'll need to jump through.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Hati is cool and all but im using that item to change his apearance to copy my pet because hes so bland and vanilla looking compared to some of the exotic pets we can tame.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnCoulter View Post
    I like the idea of a second pet but I hate the model for Hati, it's face makes it look like it's been stung by a bug and swelled up.

If we're forced to use that model I'll probably be going MM.
    You are not forced to use that model. I think there is a quest or item which gives you the ability to "transmog" Hati to look like any of your stabled pets although it will keep the lightning effect.

How do you make Hati look like other pets in your stable? Is it a Class Hall thing? I thought only artifact appearances affected its appearance?