Poll: ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    See, I have trouble believing this, even in a country as backwards as the US you should have a court smart enough somewhere to judge this case properly.
    Stick your fingers in your ears all you want, it's 100% the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We send dad's who don't pay child support to jail.
    Extremely rarely. In my line of work I see all kinds of child support liens. Some are $30k plus. These people are all out roaming the streets, they have high end cars that are modified. Some of these people don't care about kids, they care more about their image.

I'm sorry, but no, child support should be more enforced than it already is.

You just need to be good at hiding the body.
    no seriously women can decide they don't want a child and use the reason of not being financially capable of having that child and abort that child
    so why cant men be allotted the same right as women have? men should be allowed during the women's pregnancy to decide if they want to finically support the child or not and allow them to abort themselves from any financial responsibility for that child

I think my dad paid around 20% of his wage (I think, not 100% sure.) It felt kinda stupid because I still lived with my dad, so my dad had to pay child support weekly for the wife leaving and taking the younger son, but because she stayed unemployed she never had to contribute towards me. At the very least they could recognise that him having to pay that much directly impacted my life.

To give credit to his wife she did try to avoid giving his name to the CSA, but they threatend her with court action.
    Depends how old you are, but.....
    Really old laws it would have been done through the courts, but I'm not old enough to know about how things were done pre-1993.
    Old laws the way to get around this (if neither party wanted any money to change hands) would have been to agree to maintenance direct payments.
    Current laws you'd just agree that you don't want to go through the child maintenance service. Though direct pay is really pushed these days, you end up paying a % of the maintenance to use the new child maintenance service. If the situation is amicable then go direct pay.

My parents were in the situation where they had to get an assessment when they split up. This was after I'd moved out, but my sister was still in school. So they got the assessment, agreed to go maintenance direct and then didn't exchange any money. I think anything financial that they wanted sorting got sorted during the divorce, so they weren't bothered about anything after that.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-03-13 at 12:07 AM.

simple solution dont have kids i dont plan on it hell might get a vasectomy lol but yeah child support is sometimes messed up especially the stories where the women get it and spend on it stupid stuff that doesnt help the child at all u know the money should be spent on stuff for the child ie food dr visits ect not the newest iphone or w.e
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by Barnesworth View Post
    Stick your fingers in your ears all you want, it's 100% the truth.
    Yes, disbelieving=sticking fingers in ears. Another reason why I have trouble believing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    85%? That figure is completely made up or start citing actual sources since it's not even close.

See, I have trouble believing this, even in a country as backwards as the US you should have a court smart enough somewhere to judge this case properly.
    All available data shows a 50-50 split between what fathers want and what mothers want.. when it actually goes to court. That part is important, because it rarely goes to court, and couples most often decide without anyone else what's happening with custody.

You also have to consider that what fathers want tends to be joint, while what mothers want tends to be sole. That's also important.

I had a father that did some very fucked up things (that I sure as hell am not going to go into detail about here, and no they were not to me, I was an infant at the time) and got divorced over.

He was really bad about child support, but it was absolutely necessary for my mother (a single, working mom) to provide for me. So fuck yes, I think Child Support needs to be a thing. There are people who take advantage of it I'm sure, but there are far more cases where it's 100% legitimate and 100% necessary.

If you don't want to get 'taken advantage of' by Child Support, don't have kids, and don't have unprotected sex.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2016-03-13 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    No. If you decide to have a child, that's not something you can change your mind on. You can stop being a parent, but you can't leave the parent who's left with it struggling to cover the cost themselves.
    what if it is an unwanted pregnancy? a women has the legal right not to have that child and use not being finically capable to have that child as a legitimate reason for an abortion. so why cant men be given the same right that same choice during the women's pregnancy? allowing them to choose to abort them selves from all financial responsibilities for that child

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    what if it is an unwanted pregnancy? a women has the legal right not to have that child and use not being finically capable to have that child as a legitimate reason for an abortion. so why cant men be given the same right that same choice during the women's pregnancy? allowing them to choose to abort them selves from all financial responsibilities for that child
    You act like there is no such thing as a condom. Use protection if you don't want kids. The mother shouldn't be pressed into abortion if she doesn't want to be. This is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    simple solution dont have kids i dont plan on it hell might get a vasectomy lol but yeah child support is sometimes messed up especially the stories where the women get it and spend on it stupid stuff that doesnt help the child at all u know the money should be spent on stuff for the child ie food dr visits ect not the newest iphone or w.e
    can that same argument be used to stop abortions?

Yes, disbelieving=sticking fingers in ears. Another reason why I have trouble believing it.

la la la someone giving is giving me a first hand account of something happening that I said doesn't la la la I'm not listening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I had a father that did some very fucked up things (that I sure as hell am not going to go into detail about here, and no they were not to me, I was an infant at the time) and got divorced over.

He was really bad about child support, but it was absolutely necessary for my mother (a single mother) to provide for me. So fuck yes, I think Child Support needs to be a thing. There are people who take advantage of it I'm sure, but there are far more cases where it's 100% legitimate and 100% necessary.

If you don't want to get 'taken advantage of' by Child Support, don't have kids, and don't have unprotected sex.
    You can get rid of paternal child support and still have a child support program - one that is, for example, funded by the government.

7+ Year Old Account
    Support for a non-migrant having a couple kids isn't a bad idea. To get to a sustainable population. If you're a migrant you should contribute to the society before you're eligible.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So...use a contraceptive if you sleep with a woman and you don't want a child? WTF? If you get her pregnant, that is 50% your child. Take 50% of the responsibilities.
    Except that doesn't work when the man is raped and forced to pay child support. Happened to a friend of mines. She date raped him, then she said HE raped HER. Now he is forced to pay child support.

Does that sound fair?

You act like there is no such thing as a condom. Use protection if you don't want kids. The mother shouldn't be pressed into abortion if she doesn't want to be. This is garbage.
    no one is pressing her for an abortion just that if she decides to keep the child and the man doesn't because he isn't finically capable of supporting a child the women is on her own she takes full responsibility

what you are implying a women has the right to correct a mistake she made by allowing her to terminate a unwanted pregnancy but a man has to accept the fact and be punished for his participation in the mistake
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-03-13 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnesworth View Post
    la la la someone giving is giving me a first hand account of something happening that I said doesn't la la la I'm not listening
    Are you still having issues reading?

Not listening=/=having trouble believing.

At this point you've literally got your fingers in your ears, because you can't actually understand what I'm saying. Which is what makes me less likely to believe what you type, because you're proving you have intellectual issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Females have more birth control options than males do. A simple day-after pill will do the trick. Or a plethora of other non-abortion options.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Some women do crazy stuff when they think their BF is cheating on them/wants to break up so they make them have a child so he can care for her more/stay with her
    Moral of the story guys. Dont bang crazy chicks. Especially bareback. Plus protect yourself from diseases as a bonus.