Poll: ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand why all of the rights to a pregnancy lie with the woman, but more of the responsibilities lie with the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    At the very least they could recognise that him having to pay that much directly impacted my life.
    As a follow-up to this part in particular you would have been taken into account in the calculations, assuming all the forms had been filled in correctly, as a "relevant other child" (ie not the child the assessment is for, but one that may impact the calculation). You usually get a slightly reduced rate if there's a relevant other child in your household.

Technically if your mother was receiving a deductible benefit (ESA, JSA, that sort of thing) she would have been liable to pay £5.00 per week towards your maintenance, if the case had been opened. Also making some assumptions on a bunch of stuff I don't know about the case.....that's just the standard rate. What usually happens in those situations though is £5.00 per week is knocked off the maintenance that your dad would have been paying, since it doesn't make sense for both people to be paying each other.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-03-13 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I just don't understand why all of the rights to a pregnancy lie with the woman, but more of the responsibilities lie with the man.
    think about where a fetus is vs. where a child is.

Women have more rights and responsibilities to a fetus. Both share the same rights and responsibility to a child.

I dont really know what you mean with the second part, but the first bit would be because it's her body. That's what the rights are about, she doesnt (or at least, shouldnt, in most places) more rights over the born child than the father. She just has the choice over whats happening with her body.

No, you chose to have a kid you take care of it.
    X

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really know what you mean with the second part, but the first bit would be because it's her body. That's what the rights are about, she doesnt (or at least, shouldnt, in most places) more rights over the born child than the father. She just has the choice over whats happening with her body.
    And if she has all of the rights, should she not have all of the responsibility in a fair system?

Are you still having issues reading?

Not listening=/=having trouble believing.

At this point you've literally got your fingers in your ears, because you can't actually understand what I'm saying. Which is what makes me less likely to believe what you type, because you're proving you have intellectual issues.
    You got me dead to rights. Because you don't want to be bothered looking up California paternity rulings in the late 80s, I must be a liar and be dumb. I can't argue against such brilliant logic and deductive skills.

I know, I should call my brother and have him call a random Swedish internet guy to confirm this by sending you all the proper documentation.

I'm outta here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    No, you chose to have a kid you take care of it.
    In some cases yes. In others, no.

because they truly don't want equal rights they want extra rights because if they wanted equal rights men would be allowed during the women's pregnancy to decide if he wants to abort themselves from any responsibility for that child just like how women are allowed to do

Deleted
    The notion of two humans who created a being having to ensure its economic stability is fine.

But that doesn't translate well into the real world, the systems in place are often archaic and complex to the extreme whilst being inflexible to the point of infuriation.

Do I think child support, child maintenance and whatnot should be abolished in its current form?

Generally yes, the current model in most western nations aren't working; Both for men and women, custody holder and suppporters and indeed the child itself.

Very few countries have models I agree with entirety, most I disagree or criticise based on the aforementioned reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    think about where a fetus is vs. where a child is.

Women have more rights and responsibilities to a fetus. Both share the same rights and responsibility to a child.
    Okay. So if a father decides to bail before the fetus turns into a child, then should he still pay child support?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It should be but it won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnesworth View Post
    You got me dead to rights. Because you don't want to be bothered looking up California paternity rulings in the late 80s, I must be a liar and be dumb. I can't argue against such brilliant logic and deductive skills.

I know, I should call my brother and have him call a random Swedish internet guy to confirm this by sending you all the proper documentation.
    you're trying to use data from almost 30 years ago to prove claims about how things are now based on a single anecdotal story and still firmly think you're providing evidence. bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnesworth View Post

Once again youäre still being thick.

NOT BELIEVING DOESNT EQUAL ME SAYING IT'S NOT TRUE.

CAN YOU EVEN ENGLISH? IT'S IN CAPS NOW, IT'S REALLY SIMPLE, WOULD YOU LIKE TO BORROW A DICTIONARY?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    because they truly don't want equal rights they want extra rights because if they wanted equal rights men would be allowed during the women's pregnancy to decide if he wants to abort themselves from any responsibility for that child just like how women are allowed to do
    I hate it when I agree with you, but I guess this is one of those times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    no one is pressing her for an abortion just that if she decides to keep the child and the man doesn't because he isn't finically capable of supporting a child the women is on her own she takes full responsibility

what you are implying a women has the right to correct a mistake she made by allowing her to terminate a unwanted pregnancy but a man has to accept the fact and be punished for his participation in the mistake
    Out of curiosity, does this line of thought involve the father being irrevocably removed from the child's life and if so how would it be enforceable? I also assume the state would thus take partial fiscal responsibility if the mother did not have the means as a single parent, as well as instituting the enforcement policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again youäre still being thick.

NOT BELIEVING DOESNT EQUAL ME SAYING IT'S NOT TRUE.

CAN YOU EVEN ENGLISH? IT'S IN CAPS NOW, IT'S REALLY SIMPLE, WOULD YOU LIKE TO BORROW A DICTIONARY?
    Lol just drop it dude he's clearly mentally deficient.

Okay. So if a father decides to bail before the fetus turns into a child, then should he still pay child support?
    no a man should be allowed to abort him self from the responsibility of having a child the same as a women can decide to do

yup.

neither mother nor father are allowed to get out of the responsibilities (or rights) of their child unless they explicitly sign them away with the permission of both. That the father doesn't have a right to the fetus exists only due to the the lack of artificial wombs - once present, both parties will be able to equally "screw over" each other by keeping a child the other doesn't want.

Unless, of course, a basic income system that's adjusted for single-parent households is implemented, but that still comes down to "i don't wanna pay. make everyone ELSE pay for my kid."

Quote Originally Posted by Sury View Post
    Out of curiosity, does this line of thought involve the father being irrevocably removed from the child's life and if so how would it be enforceable? I also assume the state would thus take partial fiscal responsibility if the mother did not have the means as a single parent, as well as instituting the enforcement policy.
    yes it would same if the child was aborted that he or she never existed