Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Actually, there is. You still can't just go killing people because they took your candy cane and it made you sad.

You think whatever makes you happy sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's only perfectly fine if she claims some form of "threat" from him. You can't shoot someone just for being on your land (home is another issue) even if they just committed a crime. Especially if you weren't even there, but you rushed to the scene with a weapon.

But, as I said, that's the problem. She did nothing wrong up to that point, and she can claim almost anything within reason to justify the shooting, so we're not left with much.
    Is see no problem, other than having to justify it any further than "because he was robbing my house".

You know, ive lost all sympathy for these cases. Theres really two parts to it here:

First, whether this woman was within all legal rights to protect herself with deadly force. The article doesnt say, but it almost sounds like she went after him, and possibly shot him as he was running away. If she is found to be guilty of murder, then by all means she should face punishment. I challenge anyone to find a case where a regular citizen shot someone in the back "in self defense" and walked away from it.

Second, and the bigger part. Is the act the kid committed. This is becoming all too familiar and im at a point where i just go with the mantra; "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". This shit is all over the media. If you do not know by now that you can potentially be shot for these types of activities, whether the shooting is justified or not, why would you still do it? If you continue to commit such an activity, im just going to assume that you have accepted all consequences, up to and including your death. Pretty fucking simple. Dont want to get shot? Dont break into peoples houses.

One question that I keep asking myself, why some people that I won't qualify feel the need to, I will use the word, brag about how they are willing to kill other people for trivial sums.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    Second, and the bigger part. Is the act the kid committed. This is becoming all too familiar and im at a point where i just go with the mantra; "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". This shit is all over the media. If you do not know by now that you can potentially be shot for these types of activities, whether the shooting is justified or not, why would you still do it? If you continue to commit such an activity, im just going to assume that you have accepted all consequences, up to and including your death. Pretty fucking simple. Dont want to get shot? Dont break into peoples houses.
    Well his one is easy to answer, criminals by far and large are not the most brilliant people put on this earth. There are exceptions to the rule and they usually make movies about those types of criminals (ie; heist mystery movies), but the general rule of thumb is they are morons to start with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    One question that I keep asking myself, why some people that I won't qualify feel the need to, I will use the word, brag about how they are willing to kill other people for trivial sums.
    If this is what you are reading then you are missing the point.

Violating ones home ranks pretty high on peoples "fuck you" list. Its clear to me that people here have no clue what home invasions can do to the home owner mentally once all is said and done. Its even worse if other loved ones, like a spouse or children live there as well.

For all the jokes recently about "safe spaces" when it comes to SJW's - your home literally is your last line of defense for a private safe sanctum.

It has nothing to do with Trevon possibily stealing your $12 comcast remote.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-03-16 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I think for most (guessing) it's not as much about the sum as much as destroying the sanctity of ones home. While I'd be really pissed, I'd still have a little less hate for someone stealing a 500$ item from my car in a parking somewhere, over someone that just stole 10$ from my home.

^ *(edit)beat me too it lol.

You do know that said that even dangerous SJW like Hammurabi (-1750 B.C.) thought ''geez, stealing something should not mean automatically death''.