Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    To a lot of people if you own guns/are pro gun you are automatically right wing. Just like to a lot of people if you are pro choice you are automatically left wing.

It's stupid of course because plenty of people on the left own guns and support the right to carry them, just like their are people on the right who are not anti abortion Christians.
    It was more or less a rhetorical question because I know PosPosPos is basically chicken shit. I've asked him on previous occasions when he has levied such labels. Each time he is never heard from again. He knows when he posts what a dumb blanketed statement he is making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Obvious because of the truth it holds.
    Still a bit too obvious. Going to have to lower your score further 1/10.

Well the guy shoulda shot the hatchet from his hand, and then shot at his feet till he ran away. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Obvious because of the truth it holds.
    I'll bite. Is there any 1st world country where it would be an unacceptable use of force to shoot someone that is actively attacking someone with a hatchet?
    Genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Source: http://www.kiro7.com/news/man-attack...chet/159628824

Take from it what you will. I'll just sit back for a while on this one.

/coffee!

PS: Is it spelled aid or aide?
    So I guess the right to bare arms worked for once rather than creating a trajedy....gz! This doesnt single handedly change the conversation though. As stupid as it would be to place a metric on this sort of thing lets say this is worth +1 (1 life saved) and your now at what...... one massacre every 3 months where 30+ die so that's -30. So find 10 of these stories a month and you will break even......if we dont factor in the individual cases of gun crime and idiocy.

Personally I think it's apparent that guns arent working for the US and the evidence is apparent but do what you will, it's for the American people to decide. I really dont get why you guys keep up the pretense that guns make you a safer country it's obvious they dont. Just be honest about it and say I like my gun/s and fuck you if you don't since it's still legal. My gun my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    So I guess the right to bare arms worked for once rather than creating a trajedy....gz! This doesnt single handedly change the conversation though. As stupid as it would be to place a metric on this sort of thing lets say this is worth +1 (1 life saved) and your now at what...... one massacre every 3 months where 30+ die
    Jesus that is a lot of derp in one post.

I'd love to see the sources of these 30+ massacres every 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    already making this a racial issue by using stereotypes and calling him a thug [the go-to word to describe any black person nowadays] when you don't even know the identity of the suspect. woow.
    I don't remember the story ever mentioning the race of the criminal

So I guess the right to bare arms worked for once rather than creating a trajedy....gz! This doesnt single handedly change the conversation though. As stupid as it would be to place a metric on this sort of thing lets say this is worth +1 (1 life saved) and your now at what...... one massacre every 3 months where 30+ die so that's -30. So find 10 of these stories a month and you will break even......if we dont factor in the individual cases of gun crime and idiocy.

Personally I think it's apparent that guns arent working for the US and the evidence is apparent but do what you will, it's for the American people to decide. I really dont get why you guys keep up the pretense that guns make you a safer country it's obvious they dont. Just be honest about it and say I like my gun/s and fuck you if you don't since it's still legal. My gun my choice.
    What apparent evidence do you have? Id love to see it. the .003% chance of being killed by a gun? I like those odds.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I don't remember the story ever mentioning the race of the criminal
    Oh come on, you know when in doubt, pull the race card. lol

I'm pretty sure you can count on 1 hand the number of shootings with 30+ victims in the US lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Pretty much everyone would agree that a shooting in clear defense of another is acceptable.

There have been some posters so far who actually disagree with this. lol

Its those little golden nuggets that make it worthwhile.

You can keep strawmanning until you're blue in the face, though.
    I don't think I've ever claimed this as proof of anything. I'm just sharing articles. We have people who post anytime something bad happens with a gun, whats wrong with a little of the good stuff?

Good to see everything turned out for the positive. I just hope that customer with the CCL doesn't get in any trouble over this.

I blame Sportspro personally.

As much as I believe in due process, he did whack someone in the gut with a hatchet so it is safe so one could argue that the clerk was in potential danger.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    As much as I believe in due process, he did whack someone in the gut with a hatchet so it is safe so one could argue that the clerk was in potential danger.
    "Potential"? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can count on 1 hand the number of shootings with 30+ victims in the US lol.
    So far I'm 0 actually. Sandy Hook was 27 and I'm cooking tea whilst posting on phone so this isnt all that easy. Looking at the wiki for US school shootings though you gus are managing multiple incidents in nearly every month for the past few years. Will research harder when more able.

- - - Updated - - -

http://heedinggodscall.org/content/pfctoolkit-10

This says 30 people a day die to some kind of interaction with a gun in the US but that header isnt inspiring confidence lol.

So far I'm 0 actually. Sandy Hook was 27 and I'm cooking tea whilst posting on phone so this isnt all that easy. Looking at the wiki for US school shootings though you gus are managing multiple incidents in nearly every month for the past few years. Will research harder when more able.

- - - Updated - - -

http://heedinggodscall.org/content/pfctoolkit-10

This saysrea people die a day die to some oind of interaction with a gun but that header isnt inspiring confidence lol.
    Correct, we do. Our "mass shootings" amount is very high, but actually not school shootings. 64 school shootings in 2015, but that 64 includes incidents where a gun was fired on school grounds even if no one was injured. That takes away from the actual problem though, which is as you said: our mass shootings amount is very high.

30 a day actually seems quite low, I think in Detroit I saw someone is shot like every hour and a half.

Correct, we do. Our "mass shootings" amount is very high, but actually not school shootings. 64 school shootings in 2015, but that 64 includes incidents where a gun was fired on school grounds even if no one was injured. That takes away from the actual problem though, which is as you said: our mass shootings amount is very high.

30 a day actually seems quite low, I think in Detroit I saw someone is shot like every hour and a half.
    If you remove certain locations from these stats, Detroit and Chicago is a good example, our gun stats plummet rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    If you remove certain locations from these stats, Detroit and Chicago is a good example, our gun stats plummet rapidly.
    No doubt. Throw New Orleans in that mix and I'm sure we are in line with other developed countries.

No doubt. Throw New Orleans in that mix and I'm sure we are in line with other developed countries.
    Baltimore, St Louis.

I'd love to see our gun stats if we removed the top 20 violent cities from the math.

Why a hatchet? Unless your intended target is a log I can think of a thousand better choices.

Less reach than a bat less sharp than a knife. Less heft than a hammer.

Still deadly if you get someone in the head. But that's about the only successful strategy. Options win fights.