Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Clerk gets the hatchet to the gut, customer comes to his aid.

Source: http://www.kiro7.com/news/man-attack...chet/159628824

BOULEVARD PARK, Wash. —
    A masked customer attacked a Burien 7-Eleven clerk Sunday morning with a hatchet, slicing the clerk’s stomach.

Police say another customer pulled out a gun and shot and killed the attacker. The good Samaritan had been sitting in the store, drinking his regular morning coffee.

The 60-year-old is a regular customer and a licensed concealed gun carrier, according to the sheriff’s office.
    Take from it what you will. I'll just sit back for a while on this one.

/coffee!

PS: Is it spelled aid or aide?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://grammarist.com/spelling/aid-aide/

An aide is an assistant or helper. The word always refers to a person. Aid is a noun referring to (1) assistance, or (2) something that assists (e.g., a hearing aid or a visual aid), and it’s also a verb meaning to assist. Some dictionaries list aid as a variant of aide, but the words are generally kept separate in edited writing.

Both words derive from closely related French sources, but they entered English at different times. Aid came to English in the 15th century (and had several spellings in early use) and has borne a variety of meanings over the centuries.1 Aide entered English several centuries later, possibly as a shortened form of aide-de-camp, which refers to a military officer who assists a superior.2
    I got chu fam

This sort of bait is only really effective in the wake of another inevitable mass shooting. You should be saving this stuff for that, not splooging it all over the forums now for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This sort of bait is only really effective in the wake of another inevitable mass shooting. You should be saving this stuff for that, not splooging it all over the forums now for no good reason.
    Meh, the kind of pale in comparison to large tragedies, better to just gradually ease them in with every day life.

Just the tip baby.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    ha ha thanks!

I didn't know if it was like one of those colour / color things.

An excellent story. No doubt this community will be unanimous in agreeing that it was fortunate the good customer had a gun on him.

Can't wait to see how people explain that the criminal is the victim here and didn't deserve to get shot.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    An excellent story. No doubt this community will be unanimous in agreeing that it was fortunate the good customer had a gun on him.
    You mean it won't be spun into something negative? MMO Champ will not fail to deliver!

OT, glad the gun owner was there to stop the Butcherer.

A hatchet? He tried to rob a store, with a hatchet? Where do you even get a fucking hatchet? I'm betting 20 bucks it's harder to get a hatchet than a gun nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Can't wait to see how people explain that the criminal is the victim here and didn't deserve to get shot.
    Yeah forget trials. Let's just murder everyone that does something we don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    A hatchet? He tried to rob a store, with a hatchet? Where do you even get a fucking hatchet? I'm betting 20 bucks it's harder to get a hatchet than a gun nowadays.
    You can buy hatchets at hunting/fishing stores, hardware stores, walmart. You can actually get them for $20

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Walmart sporting goods/lawn & garden, as long as you have proper ID (state-dependent).

7+ Year Old Account
    I've actually seen a Fiskars X7 hatchet being sold at 7-eleven, but still a very odd weapon choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Source: http://www.kiro7.com/news/man-attack...chet/159628824

Take from it what you will. I'll just sit back for a while on this one.

/coffee!

PS: Is it spelled aid or aide?
    I guess we should wait for the family of the thug to address the press with statements of "he was a good boy, went to church and shit" and "he just getting his life together, trying to get money for child support"

Thank god for this Good Samaritan, not only did he save a life, but he saved the tax payer hundreds of thousands of dollars. Give him a medal and a check for 10k.

Pay up bunkie. Go to Amazon and search on "hatchet", then look under camping axes and hatchets... over 7000 listed.

Ace Hardware and Home Depot have multiple choices listed... in stock... at stores in both large cities and smaller ones.

If someone wants a hatchet, it's damn easy to get one (and there's no background check involved).

Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    Yeah forget trials. Let's just murder everyone that does something we don't agree with.
    And off we go...

Guy shoots someone who is actively attacking a another guy with a hatchet. Fuck trials right? rofl

Clearly... we need more hatchet control.

And... this story is a real hatchet job.

Also... I bet that guy was just there to bury the hatchet. No need to shoot him.

And off we go...

Guy shoots someone who is actively attacking a another guy with a hatchet. Fuck trials right? rofl
    I was wondering if it would happen on page one.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I don't know if it's fair to say that hatchets are an odd weapon choice. While they're not explicitly designed in the way an axe used for combat in the olden days were, they're pretty effective; they're small and therefore easy to conceal, they're easy to learn to use, have their mass in the right place and can carry a good edge.

If Obummer enacts gun control you'll probably see them a lot more :^)
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I was wondering if it would happen on page one.
    I'm waiting for the "he should have just used his hands to stop him" line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    If Obummer enacts gun control you'll probably see them a lot more :^)
    Obama is done, he is not going to do anything. Remember that big announcement at the beginning of the year for gun control?

Yea me neither.

I'm waiting for the "he should have just used his hands to stop him" line.

- - - Updated - - -

Obama is done, he is not going to do anything. Remember that big announcement at the beginning of the year for gun control?

Yea me neither.
    Or he should've shot the hatchet out of the guys hand.

#IStandWithGinaCarano