Poll: What do you think of the Ashbringers current talent tree/skills?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Just like fire mages turn the corpses into smoldering corpses, the ashbringer should have a chance to turn your corpse into a pile of ash.
    There's hints that this might yet make it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    Having artifact weapons, talent trees and separate pvp talents are the absolute most difficult way to balance. When you have that many options balancing becomes nearly impossible.
    Artefact weapons aren't too bad, because you can reasonably assume that all the traits are unlocked for balancing purposes. As far as damage goes I can crunch the numbers in my sleep, so that's not hard.

The hard part is the added utility from the three different systems (four if you include some glyphs). You don't want to find you've left in Clemency, Unbound Freedom, and some kind of dispel immunity for Blessings :P . Still, that's mostly just a case of having good attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtrigger View Post
    I really agree with this, all the passive +damage stuff is just pointless IMO.
    Only if by "pointless" you mean "dull". More damage for a DPS spec is very unlikely to be pointless after all.

= + =

Hoping they have some more generic shiny gold swords for Echo of the Highlord etc, but not betting on it.

BTW, now placing bets as to how many Ashbringers are used to make the tier set for Ret in 7.2 or w/e the next tier of raiding after release will be :P .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    There's hints that this might yet make it in.

Artefact weapons aren't too bad, because you can reasonably assume that all the traits are unlocked for balancing purposes. As far as damage goes I can crunch the numbers in my sleep, so that's not hard.

The hard part is the added utility from the three different systems (four if you include some glyphs). You don't want to find you've left in Clemency, Unbound Freedom, and some kind of dispel immunity for Blessings :P . Still, that's mostly just a case of having good attention to detail.

Only if by "pointless" you mean "dull". More damage for a DPS spec is very unlikely to be pointless after all.

= + =

Hoping they have some more generic shiny gold swords for Echo of the Highlord etc, but not betting on it.

BTW, now placing bets as to how many Ashbringers are used to make the tier set for Ret in 7.2 or w/e the next tier of raiding after release will be :P .
    I meant as is there is "there is no need for it". Why have such a huge talent tree for it full of +damage abilities when they can simply make it 3 passive perks and 3 active abilities. Much better and easier to balance. There just making it hard for themselves. Plus the +crit chance on specific ability just reminds me of olden day talent trees. Its a step backwards.

I agree, been playing the Alpha and the mini-ashbringers are stupid. Both in looks and in the 35% RNG proc chance

7+ Year Old Account
    I meant as is there is "there is no need for it". Why have such a huge talent tree for it full of +damage abilities when they can simply make it 3 passive perks and 3 active abilities. Much better and easier to balance.There just making it hard for themselves.
    Oh I see.

Uhm... as far as the artefact traits go, spreading out the damage increases etc means you don't get sudden, massive spikes in power and can smooth it out. Now factor in the fact that we'll all be getting our artefact traits filled in pretty quickly in Legion (certainly by the time season 1 & raiding begins, unless you're super-casual), and all they really need to do is balance around the assumption that you have them all. So not too much work really.

Breaking it up like this also means encouraging players to take breaks from the levelling grind. "Ooh, enough artefact power for a new trait!" => back to Light's Hope Chapel etc. They may well have gameplay things like this in mind.

Plus the +crit chance on specific ability just reminds me of olden day talent trees. Its a step backwards.
    I actually like that design. Or at least, I would if there was anything for all those crits to have nice synergies with :P .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    I agree. That shit looks really comical, my bet it is just a placeholder
    Makes me feel like they should use the current Holy Wrath animation for that instead , balls of light striking your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    Makes me feel like they should use the current Holy Wrath animation for that instead , balls of light striking your target.
    ^this. I love the holy Wrath animation lol

Deleted
    I agree on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we can all agree that "wake of ashes" is crap (not the effect). what would you like to see instead? HP generation can be rolled into another ability (like judgment) if your ability dont generate HP.

I agree on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we can all agree that "wake of ashes" is crap (not the effect). what would you like to see instead? HP generation can be rolled into another ability (like judgment) if your ability dont generate HP.
    but WoA's both animation and effect are fething shite.

Animation - because wtf slowly falling teeny tiny ashbringer
    effect - because it wont grant HoPo until before it connects to actual enemy; if you miss with WoA , you get no HoPO at all not to mention the slow attached to WoA depends on how close the target was to center of AoE.

Deleted
    I dislike traits which only increase by a flat %. So I have reworked them all, making it much more interesting and fun but keeping to the core of Blizzard first ideas. I also kept the original names.

Also checkout this topic if you liked those ideas and feel free to leave feedback.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17611000931?page=1#3
    mmo-champion.com/threads/1963742-By-the-light-we-shall-prevail!

• Wake of Ashes:
    [Rank 0/1] [First trait]
    Use when equipped Ashbringer
    Generates 5 Holy Power and send a wave of Holy Fire, hitting all enemies in a 8yd range cone, dealing massive Holy damage. Has a high chance to instantly reduced any lesser demon or undead creatures into ashes.

Note: Visual on the current Wake of Ashes is just garbage, so I made it much cooler and a little bit different. The wave shouldn’t be like a tsunami but more like a holy cone cleave (comparable with Getsuga Tenshō from Bleach).

• Ashes to Ashes:
    [Rank0/1] [Greater Trait]
    Whenever your auto-attack deals damage, you have a chance to cause a Holy lightning that pierces the heavens to strike at your target dealing Holy damage and Consecrate the ground, also have chance to instantly reduced any lesser demon or undead creatures into ashes.

Note: The chance is much lower compared to Wake of Ashes on instantly killing lesser demon or undead creatures. Consecrating the ground just apply the consecration effect. Can’t decide if it should proc from auto-attacks or from special melee attacks. Anyways I don’t want judgment another ability build into it.

• Echo of the Highlord:
    [Rank 0/1] [Greater Trait]
    When you use Templar Verdict or Divine Storm, Ashbringer will mimic that action.

Note: nothing much changed, just one clarification; It only Copy the damage and nothing that comes with it (for balance reasons).

• Blade of Lights:
    [Rank 0/1] [Lesser trait]
    Crusader strike has a 35% chance to cause 4 weapons of the light to smash you target, each dealing Holy damage.

Note: Yes I made the old Ashes to Ashes build into this trait because it fits better with the name as it suggest in the tooltip. Numbers can be tuned.

• Storm of Vengeance:
    [Rank 0/1] [Lesser Trait] (replace Healing Storm)
    Divine Storm will keep on swirling dealing Holy damage to all enemies every 1sec for 4sec. Each second that paste, reduce its damage and healing by 25%.

Note: Compare this as a mini “Blade Storm”. The reducing effect will stack up, example; first 1000, second 500, third 250 and so on. When using DS within those 4sec, will refresh + the duration of this effect.

• Divine Tempest:
    Instant cast 3 Holy Power
    Increase Divine Storm radius by 50% and send another Divine Storm, moving 20yd in front of you dealing damage to all enemies in his path. Additionally, Divine Tempest triggers Ashes to Ashes to strike additionally enemies while Divine Tempest is active.
    Replaces Divine Storm.

Note: This is a EPIC ability, that causes a BIG storm around you and triggers Ashes of Ashes = more Holy lightning striking you enemies + leaving the Consecration effect on the ground but it doesn't stack with each other. Should I increase Divine Tempest duration to, or will it to be OP and causing trouble with the rotation?

• Deliver the Justice:
    [Rank 0/3] [Lesser Trait]
    Increase your special melee attacks range by 1.7yd.

Note: As a melee spec with low mobility’s, we should have other manners to hit our target and with this it helps a little bit. When fully maxed, it increase range by 5yd to all special melee attacks such as CS, BoW, DS and TV.

• Wrath of the Ashbringer:
    [Rank 0/1] [Lesser Trait]
    When Avenging Wrath ends, Ashbringer will erupt with holy energy, dealing 20% of the damage you dealt during Avenging Wrath to all nearby targets.

Note: A bit like the Legendary ring proc.

• Sharpened Edge:
    Increase the critical strike chance and damage on all your melee abilities by 6%

• Might of the Templar:
    Templar’s Verdict heals you for 11% of the amount of damage it deals.

Note: Watch out Divine Storm, there is another petitioner with a healing effect.

• Deflection:
    All critical effect taken by will reflect 1% of its damage back to the enemy as Holy damage.

Note: Maxed it gives 3% but I doubt between Holy damage or Physical damage because of balance reasons.

• Highlord’s Judgment:
    Judgment will immediately add 2sec to the duration of all of your currently applied Hand and Blessing spells.

Note: Does not affect Greater Blessings spells.

• Righteous Blade:
    Your Physical auto-attacks damage have a 5% chance to convert into Holy damage instead.

Note: Another small RNG to add which is fairly unnoticeable.

• Embrace the Light:
    Flash of Light and Word of Glory now also heals a second target for 33% of the amount.

Note: Numbers can be tuned ofc.

• Protector of the Ashen Blade:
    Hand of Protection now also provides 11% magic damage reduction to the target. Additionally melee attacks are usable while being blessed by Hand of Protection.

Note: Finally melee in HoP are not in disadvantage anymore + provide a little bit magic resistance.

Thats all, Let me know what you think of.

Greeting, Baltimus!
    Last edited by mmoc4bd380d75b; 2016-03-14 at 09:05 PM.

Deleted
    From a visual point of view i think many if not most of the current visuals are simple placeholders. - At least this is what i am hoping for.

Wake of Ashes: WoA from everything that it is is screaming base model and placeholder. Just look at it. The Ashbringer model falling from the sky , the "speed" of how it is falling down , the effect after it landed on the ground , the sound , or better said the lack there off. Everything that this abilite is is telling me that this is a visual coming fresh from the model development and without any details added to it.
    Either it is like i said only a placeholder for the visual , or the abilite in itself is a placeholder.

Ashes to Ashes: The static mini ashbringers are just silly. They should be replaced by holy bolts like the ones from Holy Wrath.

Echo of the Highlord: Just the same as with WoA. The dancing Rune weapon model , lack of any sound effect or any additional effect is screaming placeholder. But most importantly for the Talent in itself , the lack of real damage from the abilite. As it is , the damage it is inflicting is just pathetic and with this i question if it is going to be replaced by something different or if at some time there will be an actuall visual added into it and the damage will be adjusted later in the Beta. - The latter is somewhat questionable from a logical point of view for the sake of rets balance. So i wonder.

Divine Tempest: A mini , litteral , golden whirlwind? Really?

I dunno , but something seems off here.

Also , i am the only one that finds it just ridiculous how everything about is reminding us that we have the Ashbringer? Just everything a ret is doing currently is just throwing some little ashbringer left , right and center.
    Last edited by mmoc38da49be1a; 2016-03-14 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    I agree on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont mind a falling weapon as the animation , just make it a HOLY weapon that drops quickly and has consecration like animation and sound.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimus View Post
    I dislike traits which only increase by a flat %. So I have reworked them all, making it much more interesting and fun but keeping to the core of Blizzard first ideas. I also kept the original names.

Also checkout this topic if you liked those ideas and feel free to leave feedback.

• Wake of Ashes:
    [Rank 0/1] [First trait]
    Generates 5 Holy Power and send a wave of Holy Fire, hitting all enemies in a 8yd range cone, dealing massive Holy damage. Has a high chance to instantly reduced any lesser demon or undead creatures into ashes.

Note: Visual on the current Wake of Ashes is just garbage, so I made it much cooler and a little bit different. The wave shouldn’t be like a tsunami but more like a holy cone cleave (comparable with Getsuga Tenshō from Bleach).

• Ashes to Ashes:
    Whenever your auto-attack deals damage, you have a chance to cause a Holy lightning that pierces the heavens to strike at your target dealing Holy damage and Consecrate the ground, also have chance to instantly reduced any lesser demon or undead creatures into ashes.

Note: The chance is much lower compared to Wake of Ashes on instantly killing lesser demon or undead creatures. Consecrating the ground just apply the consecration effect. Can’t decide if it should proc from auto-attacks or from special melee attacks. Anyways I don’t want judgment another ability build into it.

• Echo of the Highlord:
    When you use Templar Verdict or Divine Storm, Ashbringer will mimic that action.

Note: nothing much changed, just one clarification; It only Copy the damage and nothing that comes with it (for balance reasons).

• Blade of Lights:
    Crusader strike has a 35% chance to cause 4 weapons of the light to smash you target, each dealing Holy damage.

Note: Yes I made the old Ashes to Ashes build into this trait because it fits better with the name as it suggest in the tooltip. Numbers can be tuned.

• Storm of Vengeance:
    Divine Storm will keep on swirling dealing Holy damage to all enemies every 1sec for 4sec. Each second that paste, reduce its damage and healing by 25%.

Note: Compare this as a mini “Blade Storm”. The reducing effect will stack up, example; first 1000, second 500, third 250 and so on. When using DS within those 4sec, will refresh + the duration of this effect.

• Divine Tempest:
    Increase Divine Storm radius by 50% and send another Divine Storm, moving 20yd in front of you dealing damage to all enemies in his path. Additionally, Divine Tempest triggers Ashes to Ashes to strike additionally enemies while Divine Tempest is active.
    Replaces Divine Storm.

Note: This is a EPIC ability, that causes a BIG storm around you and triggers Ashes of Ashes = more Holy lightning striking you enemies + leaving the Consecration effect on the ground but it doesn't stack with each other. Should I increase Divine Tempest duration to, or will it to be OP and causing trouble with the rotation?

• Deliver the Justice:

Note: As a melee spec with low mobility’s, we should have other manners to hit our target and with this it helps a little bit. When fully maxed, it increase range by 5yd to all special melee attacks such as CS, BoW, DS and TV.

When Avenging Wrath ends, Ashbringer will erupt with holy energy, dealing 20% of the damage you dealt during Avenging Wrath to all nearby targets.

• Sharpened Edge:
    Increase the critical strike chance and damage on all your melee abilities by 6%

• Might of the Templar:

Note: Watch out Divine Storm, there is another petitioner with a healing effect.

• Deflection:
    All critical effect taken by will reflect 1% of its damage back to the enemy as Holy damage.

Note: Maxed it gives 3% but I doubt between Holy damage or Physical damage because of balance reasons.

• Highlord’s Judgment:
    Judgment will immediately add 2sec to the duration of all of your currently applied Hand and Blessing spells.

• Righteous Blade:
    Your Physical auto-attacks damage have a 5% chance to convert into Holy damage instead.

• Embrace the Light:
    Flash of Light and Word of Glory now also heals a second target for 33% of the amount.

Hand of Protection now also provides 11% magic damage reduction to the target. Additionally melee attacks are usable while being blessed by Hand of Protection.

Note: Finally melee in HoP are not in disadvantage anymore + provide a little bit magic resistance.

Greeting, Baltimus!
    I really like all of these ideas , makes Seal of Light actually have a purpose.
    Wake of Ashes has to give HoPo on use instead of requiring to hit something.
    Crusader strike procing Ashes to Ashes is a gr8 idea , tho the numbers might need to be tweaked due to the charge system on CS.

Deleted
    I dont mind a falling weapon as the animation , just make it a HOLY weapon that drops quickly and has consecration like animation and sound.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like all of these ideas , makes Seal of Light actually have a purpose.
    Wake of Ashes has to give HoPo on use instead of requiring to hit something.
    Crusader strike procing Ashes to Ashes is a gr8 idea , tho the numbers might need to be tweaked due to the charge system on CS.

Or you know... actually make an animation for it that isn't the light hammer golden circle and a little crap slowly falling from the sky.

Its wake of ashes... i imagine a copy of Ashbring (in holy power/golden ethereal form) erupting from the earh surrounded by ashes aka black particle effects. A circle effect like what it has is fine to go with it, but it should be black. That's too cool for Blizzard though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Or you know... actually make an animation for it that isn't the light hammer golden circle and a little crap slowly falling from the sky.

Its wake of ashes... i imagine a copy of Ashbring (in holy power/golden ethereal form) erupting from the earh surrounded by ashes aka black particle effects. A circle effect like what it has is fine to go with it, but it should be black. That's too cool for Blizzard though.
    Yeah , I think a golden/holy power weapon showing and exploding in the righteous fire and holy power would be so much better , than a dink sword falling down.

One of the most iconic weapons in Warcraft alongside Doomhammer completely destroyed from a lore standpoint.

Thanks Blizzard.

they should yall light, light, light, the light power hooooooooooooo, and a big L shaped beam should light up the sky and bunch of your friends shows up and beats up the boss.

I do love playing a paladin, honestly. My ultimate plan for looks was to use the challenge mode set from MoP which I have, with the blue lightning ashbringer. It'd be so sweet if there was some sort of sweet animation or something tied to ashbringer. It's one of the most hyped up weapons, known by anyone in WoW, and it doesn't have any sort of animation tied to it? That's what kind of underwhelms me a bit.

As others have said, getting something akin to fire mages burning corpses on fire would be cool, like we have a chance to turn the corpse to ash or something. Maybe we turn into tirion's image for a sec, or have an image of him (somewhat like a ghost, but not his actual ghost) pop up while we're fighting or something? Nah, that'd be weird but honestly something would be great.

I really hope this is the case. But knowing blizard and how they have dealt with ret over the years they will leave it that way unless we make our voices heard.
    Even if we make our voices heard, we'll either be met with silence and nothing changing or snarkiness and being blatantly told it's not going to change. Blizzard has a bad habit of ignoring us when things are flexible, then changing things in live after shit's fucked and nobody is happy.

OT: Undead and Demons slain by ret paladins should leave a pile of ash as a corpse. Also, I think our attacks or judgment or something we do should also leave a dot that deals a decent number percent of weapon damage as holyfire damage over a short amount of time or something. Seriously, throw anything interesting in there.
    Last edited by An-Tuirseach; 2016-03-14 at 11:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I do love playing a paladin, honestly. My ultimate plan for looks was to use the challenge mode set from MoP which I have, with the blue lightning ashbringer. It'd be so sweet if there was some sort of sweet animation or something tied to ashbringer. It's one of the most hyped up weapons, known by anyone in WoW, and it doesn't have any sort of animation tied to it? That's what kind of underwhelms me a bit.

As others have said, getting something akin to fire mages burning corpses on fire would be cool, like we have a chance to turn the corpse to ash or something. Maybe we turn into tirion's image for a sec, or have an image of him (somewhat like a ghost, but not his actual ghost) pop up while we're fighting or something? Nah, that'd be weird but honestly something would be great.
    It would make more sense to turn into Alexandros the original Ashbringer, but I wouldnt want that , a cool animation for being empowered by the holy light would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimus View Post

• Wake of Ashes:
    [Rank 0/1] [First trait]

• Ashes to Ashes:

• Echo of the Highlord:

• Blade of Lights:

• Storm of Vengeance:

• Divine Tempest:
    Replaces Divine Storm.

• Deliver the Justice:

• Sharpened Edge:

• Might of the Templar:

• Deflection:

• Highlord’s Judgment:

• Righteous Blade:

• Embrace the Light:

Greeting, Baltimus!
    http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=ashb...pells:0+1+17+2

Look at all these spells that were added into a prior build in the Alpha however they havent seen the light of day at all.

Notable ones
    -Seal of the Ashbringer
    -Wrath of the Ashbringer (An exact copy of your Wrath of the Ashbringer)
    -Fury of the Ashbringer
    -Ashbringer's Judgment

I love your variant of Wake of Ashes. If they do Seal of the Ashbringer it needs to function to where your Judgment activates it for X seconds or something. The rest of it plug in where ever but this stuff IS in game files.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=ashb...pells:0+1+17+2

Look at all these spells that were added into a prior build in the Alpha however they havent seen the light of day at all.

Notable ones
    -Seal of the Ashbringer
    -Wrath of the Ashbringer (An exact copy of your Wrath of the Ashbringer)
    -Fury of the Ashbringer
    -Ashbringer's Judgment

I love your variant of Wake of Ashes. If they do Seal of the Ashbringer it needs to function to where your Judgment activates it for X seconds or something. The rest of it plug in where ever but this stuff IS in game files.
    Wrath of the Ashbringer seems really cool tbh. All those abilities seem better than what we currently got. The main issue atm is animations.

https://youtu.be/mRxsYLyeVrg?t=622 (this ability could be cool for us) - Darion vs Lich King

https://youtu.be/mRxsYLyeVrg?t=687 (same again) - Tirion vs Lich King pt1 (my favourite one, I like the flash on strike)

https://youtu.be/ExQT_31qRBs?t=188 (and same again) - Tirion vs Lich King pt2

This leaping strike have been referenced AGAIN and AGAIN with Ashbringer wielders. THERE is there gap-closer we are crying out for.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you notice Tirion's Ashbringer lighting up on the 3rd video? That could be what it looks like when we have 3HP+ to show its EMPOWERED with light.
    Last edited by mmoc34fe5577d0; 2016-03-15 at 02:12 AM.