Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Holy shit, it's an Erin sighting! /wave
    /wave back : ))

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Err aren't hell fire missiles rather large? Not to mention aren't they NATO arms? Lots of questions.
    its a two man carry, but a strong person can carry but it would be awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I smell a new Portlandia sketch
    Crossover with "put a bird on it" or the pickling sketch.
    Maybe something with Jeff Goldblum.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Where the hell would terrorists get their hands on Hellfire Missiles?
    from all those units that deployed i would guess, shit can go missing

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Given that these came from Lebanon, it could be any number of the "friendly" Islamist groups the CIA have been supplying to fight IS and Assad in Syria. Skroe's been posting loads videos of them using TOW systems supplied to them.
    The TOW doesn't fire Hellfires, it fires BGM-71 variants. Though they have started a test platform of an improved TOW launcher for the Humvee that fires them.

What the hell would rebel factions do with Hellfires? It'd be like shipping them AIM-9s. They have no way to utilize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Isn't the real question here how they managed to get that cargo on the passenger plane in Beirut? I mean the security measures there are so bad that you can literally smuggle missiles into an international flight (people might have boarded in Belgrade on their way to the US without knowing where the plane started) how easy would it have been to get a simple bomb on board?
    I can't even smuggle adderall on a plane. How the hell did armor-piercing missles make it on board?

Maybe they put wigs and trenchcoats on them with sunglasses like in the cartoons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I can't even smuggle adderall on a plane
    You can just put a handful of addy's in a small ziplock bag inside your undergarments?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    You can just put a handful of addy's in a small ziplock bag inside your undergarments?
    Oh my sweet summer child. Up the bum or no go

Tip for hellfire smugglers too

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Does that work? I thought those full body scanners are meant for that exact purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    They are training (inert) "missiles" that were being returned from the Lebanese military to the US.
    Yeah I figured it had to have a mundane explanation. That would be ridiculously Hollywood for a terror attack

Hopefully the missiles didn't go there full and comeback empty.

As scary as it seems, the missiles themselves are somewhat useless without their firing and targeting mechanisms.

Its like finding a box of ammo for the rifle on the ground, without the gun, at best are little canisters of gunpowder. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    The TOW doesn't fire Hellfires, it fires BGM-71 variants. Though they have started a test platform of an improved TOW launcher for the Humvee that fires them.

What the hell would rebel factions do with Hellfires? It'd be like shipping them AIM-9s. They have no way to utilize them.
    I'm aware they're different from the TOW systems, but being Helicopter/Drone launched systems I'm entirely unsurprised ground launch systems exist for them. Clearly it's not as far along as I'd expected - but the things have been around for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Yeah I figured it had to have a mundane explanation. That would be ridiculously Hollywood for a terror attack
    Yeah because they do that via fucking COFFIN and COMMERCIAL FLIGHTS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    As scary as it seems, the missiles themselves are somewhat useless without their firing and targeting mechanisms.

Its like finding a box of ammo for the rifle on the ground, without the gun, at best are little canisters of gunpowder. lol
    In this case they are closer to being bullets inserted into cases with no gun powder or primers, harmless.

In this case they are closer to being bullets inserted into cases with no gun powder or primers, harmless.
    Yea I saw that after I posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a source for that so I can update the OP. Don't wanna fearmonger if they're just training missiles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post

Just an FYI, the AIM-9 can be launched from the ground as the MIM-72 Chaparral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Do you have a source for that so I can update the OP. Don't wanna fearmonger if they're just training missiles
    http://www.oregonlive.com/business/i...ml#incart_2box

Give me a Javelin system and a forward man with a laser desginator for the target.

The ability to hammer a target that is not in LOS is devastating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    That moment when your wife reminds you to pack your socks but you accidentally pack your hundred-thousand dollar missiles.

Whoops.
    Just a social experiment bro!