Deleted

overview my log pls

So until a few days i only played frost, now i have to switch to arcan because the guild im trying to join want to see me as arcan in mythic.
    My only arcan log atm is for Hellfire High Council, and i thought i was playing roughly at my best with arcan so I guess it could kinda be a good log to get reviewed.
    warcraftlogs. com/reports/FtyWxfz6KCNdPc81#fight=2&type=damage-done

copy without the first space

Imo i did good for a 4min fight, but i hope u can tell me maybe what i can do better or at what points i suck atm. Have to compete against other mages so i need to max my dps(compared to movement ofc).
    Ty for help

It has been my experience that when you are in the 90th pecentile in your Ilvl bracket or more, the reason you aren't higher is that people just getting luckier Doom Nova procs than you. I very often have Doom nova being 12-17% of my damage, it was only 6% of yours here.

You are also casting your arcane missile after you do your PC+APower combo. Do it before to ensure the most amount of time Blasting the crystal. But you only did tht on the pull, so not to much of a huge deal.

Also save Presence of Mind to get that last arcane blast into the your crystal instead of building arcane charges.

If you have a reasonable amount of rcane mages in the raid, talk to the guild leader about waiting a few more seconds into the pull. An arcane mage's damage can hinge highly on proper ring usage. As it stands you are missing a third of the ring proc on several of your burns.

All in all, you did well. Though I'm fairly new here, I don't have as much clout as some of the other mages that might comment here.
    Last edited by Invictorum; 2016-03-14 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Finding new things to add XD

Deleted
    alright tyvm, already thought that it would be better to dump AM into Boss and the place PC, but now im sure its better.

Deleted
    Can you please put some logs.

Looking at your log, what i can see is that you have made no use of the first proc of MoD. While it is unfortunate that you have procced MoD from your first cast, you should not be delaying AP till 4 stacks, as it is 15 seconds, the ring is 15 seconds so there is no reason to cast slower blasts.

You should AP from the moment your first blast land, and then there are 2 options.
    1. Your MoD didn't proc on boss -> Crystal, spam 5-6 blasts till u get AM procs, dump missles.
    2. Yoor MoD procced from the first cast, AP, blast boss till 4, crystal, blast on crystal, AM on MoD target.

In both cases, when you open with lust, you have time to spam enough blasts to proc missles that will hit the mark.

Also, trinkets like pof, have an internal cd of maximum of 5 minutes, which means if for some reason you stood in front of boss for 5 mins before the pull, you will have 100% chance to proc it on the first cast if you do crystal on pull.

Here is a good example how you should be doing lust pulls as arcane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4bxpyvYZbw

Deleted
    Thx Tishko that helped me a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    Can you please put some logs.

Looking at your log, what i can see is that you have made no use of the first proc of MoD. While it is unfortunate that you have procced MoD from your first cast, you should not be delaying AP till 4 stacks, as it is 15 seconds, the ring is 15 seconds so there is no reason to cast slower blasts.

You should AP from the moment your first blast land, and then there are 2 options.
    1. Your MoD didn't proc on boss -> Crystal, spam 5-6 blasts till u get AM procs, dump missles.
    2. Yoor MoD procced from the first cast, AP, blast boss till 4, crystal, blast on crystal, AM on MoD target.

In both cases, when you open with lust, you have time to spam enough blasts to proc missles that will hit the mark.

Also, trinkets like pof, have an internal cd of maximum of 5 minutes, which means if for some reason you stood in front of boss for 5 mins before the pull, you will have 100% chance to proc it on the first cast if you do crystal on pull.

Here is a good example how you should be doing lust pulls as arcane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4bxpyvYZbw
    Which addon is the one that tracks your mana and arcane charges? That seems pretty useful!

Deleted
    It is a weak aura, the pastebin is in the video description.