Deleted

Help, how to handle this police officer?

Ehm, maybe you can help with this issue. Now we have this police officer in my town. Douchebag in optima forma, hes been a menace for what, 5 years now and i don't know how to handle it. Unless something changes, im afraid my town will go extinct if this guy doesnt get re-assigned or replaced. Some people have already fled town over the past few years he was put in charge, some were deeply respected. Went to the depot to talk to his superiors but they wont budge. Say they'll look into it but they never did.

Unless somehow they pissed him even off more. Hes the kind of sociopath that sorely knows he has control. A power abusing asshole.

If he doesnt like you he basicly screws you over for something as small as littering. Eventhough his friends or co-workers are right next to him doing the exact same thing. I once saw this guy sneak up to someone and stab someone else he didnt like in the back like 3 times, when the guy tried to retaliate the cop showed up and took the retaliating person to jail!

How do you call someone like this? Should i file another complaint? Deal with him myself?
    Take it to court?

Please advise.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-03-14 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    Report him to the state authorities, not in your town, those fuckers protect eachother. Tell other people to file complaints to the state authorities. With enough attention, they will send an Internal Affairs team to investigate.

I'm guessing you're talking about a small town? If that's the case there is no Internal Affairs department really.

You would either contact your county sheriff's office, or the state police, maybe even your county or state DOJ.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless the guy kills someone and you get it on camera aint nothing going to happen. Cops stick out for each other, even if they know one of their own is a huge douchenozzle not worthy of the badge. Scratch my back I scratch yours etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Report him to the state authorities, not in your town, those fuckers protect eachother. Tell other people to file complaints to the state authorities. With enough attention, they will send an Internal Affairs team to investigate.
    That's the best bet. If it's not just you, but a history of incidents that you have records and witnesses to, it will be very hard to ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Unless the guy kills someone and you get it on camera aint nothing going to happen. Cops stick out for each other, even if they know one of their own is a huge douchenozzle not worthy of the badge. Scratch my back I scratch yours etc.
    A bit unfortunate but true. Similar with Military affairs apparently too, my old guild leader once tried to turn in a co-worker for doing something really terrible, and he ended up in jail himself until the charge was proven true.

Either way, also recording this cop doing these actions and sending it to the media seems to work, although I'm not sure how much we need to see more cops doing jerk things. A recording would help at least to send it higher than the people you have been trying to contact already.

unless the entire town complains to the state government ur probably screwed and your only option is to move away.
    merica.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the replies. I'll look into it.

Some people believe that the 2nd amendment is there to protect citizens from government tyranny. The police are a form of government.

I'm not violent, nor a gun owner. But that's what some people say.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Don't break the law.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    This smacks of "i'm not telling you the whole story."

But, if there isn't a supervisor you can go to, or if the whole force is corrupt then you can follow up with state level agencies like the state attorney general or other avenues already posted. I'm not sure federal level groups will be much help.

Just be prepared for retaliation. It's an unfortunately possibility in these scenarios.

Are you American OP? If so, city government pays the cop's salary, they can discipline him too. Lot of times these bad cops will build up complaints, one complaint a year doesn't matter but 12 complaints in one month does.

And you can often times talk to your city councilman directly.

If you're a foreigner, I don't know your system.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Depends on where you are from OP. If you are in the US then I recommend getting undeniable proof. You can't really make accusations without being able to prove it. Once you get proof there are a couple options. Start with contacting your attorney General. Then contact your state's law enforcement agency. Finally take your evidence to the media. Getting convicted in the court of public opinion gets shit done a whole lot faster. Just remember you have to have proof. Something physical, something tangible not this "well I, my parents, my friends, my neighbor, my so and so saw him do it."
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.