Page 1 of 60
... LastLast

Creepy note is exactly why women don't trust "Nice Guys"

The story: https://www.yahoo.com/news/creepy-no...204616466.html

The Note:

O.K., ladies.
    I get it.

You don't want a pleasant evening chat.
    You don't want a gentleman to walk you to your car.
    You don't want a friendly dude to help you carry your groceries...or hold open the door... or crush the life out of other men that would do you harm.

Fine - fear the good guys... I guess we'll just have to suffer through watching you get broken over and over by the scum you think you love.

But I want you to know - it's not easy, and it hurts to see you fall.

Give the good guys a chance to help you be less afraid of the world.
    This here is some Isla Vista, calm-before-the-storm shit. If this guys hasn't started chucking Icee's out his car windows at every couple he see's before going on a rampage, he surely will soon be on that path.

I mean, just look at this letter....

You know those crazy bitches that will absolutely love you but if you say "Hi" to another woman, she will chop of your meat and potatoes with a garden shears while you sleep? This is pretty much how I see "good guys" and it doesn't shock me that women don't trust them and run away.

This dude sounds like he probably keeps souvenirs from his kills.

I like my twig and berries right where they are and I'm not about to stick em in a wood chipper if ya know what I'm sayin'

Why should a girl trust this level of crazy from self-proclaimed "Nice Guys"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    So because he used "scum" he probably "keeps souvenirs from his kills"?
    You just said it..... so..... where are your souvenirs?

That note makes this so called good guy come off as a stalker, which he probably is. Obsessing over 1 girl is not healthy. If he were a truly a nice guy, he'd probably find a someone who'd love him instead of trying to change someone else to love him.

Stop trying to date out of your league.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    That note makes this so called good guy come off as a stalker.
    I know. You have one person who probably considers himself a nice guy focus on the word scum. Meanwhile, the note is filled with references of watching women and crushing the life out of other men.

. <--- and -->Nice Guys

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.
    While carrying your groceries.

Guy sounds crazy. I wouldn't want anything to do with him either, for romantic purposes or otherwise.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

The problem with good guys is they aren't actually that good. They just aren't experienced in the world of dating yet. A woman wants you to be confident. She doesn't want someone she can step all over like most "good guys" actually are.

The most fucked up thing about that note is the "O.K."

If it's a typed note it makes no sense to do that. You spend as many keystrokes typing 'O.K.' as you do 'okay'; more if you're using shift to capitalize.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Guy sounds crazy. I wouldn't want anything to do with him either, for romantic purposes or otherwise.
    Well, if I needed someone murdered, I suspect he could do it efficiently and without leaving a trace.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You just said it..... so..... where are your souvenirs?
    I keep them in jars on a shelf in my creepy guy room.

And to the right of the "article."

What to read next: Tom Hiddleston's butt broke the internet, because of course it did.

Spoiler alert: Yahoo news devolved into an online tabloid years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

What to read next: Tom Hiddleston's butt broke the internet, because of course it did.

Yahoo is pretty much a joke all around. If I didn't have an old email that still gets important emails that I'm too lazy to change the address, I wouldn't go there at all anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is the end-result of a person who views relationships as an entitlement as opposed to something cultivated, sacrificed for, and valued equally by all involved parties. Not the kind of person you'd want to find yourself saddled with in a relationship, in other words.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I deny everything.

Ohh lawd, I totally overlooked it.
    It's not just that, the "Watching you get broken over and over" part comes off as stalkery and voyeuristic.

Not staged in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This is the end-result of a person who views relationships as an entitlement as opposed to something cultivated, sacrificed for, and valued equally by all involved parties.
    This is pretty much all "Nice Guys" who bitch about women falling for the "scum"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

I hate the phrase "broke the internet". Shit is so cliche and was probably coined in some damn board meeting of old ass baby boomers trying to appeal to the internet generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So wait, according to the article some Tumblr user just "found" this flyer?

Uh-huh.
    Posted in a college on a dorm wall

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I hate the phrase "broke the internet". Shit is so cliche and was probably coined in some damn board meeting of old ass baby boomers trying to appeal to the internet generation.
    To be fair, the 'internet generation' seems to have no problem with using absurdly off base hyperbole in typical conversation, no matter how dumb it makes them sound.