Shipyard: Failing LFR cache to get HC cache?

Hi there

I hit level 100 on my alt last week. Since then I have done a few HC HFC bosses trying to pop the HC cache, but sadly I ended up with getting the LFR one a few days ago. So I decided to send ships with the lowest possible % of succeeding so it would hopefully pop the HC one instead.
    However, first time I failed the LFR cache I had 15 HC kills but the HC one didn't appear. Second time I had 17 HC kills, still didn't appear. Third time 19 HC kills and nope. Now today I failed it again with 21 HC kills but still no HC cache to be seen.

Has this been fixed or am I doing something wrong/need even more HC kills?
    Last edited by LickMeh; 2016-03-15 at 04:24 PM.

Were all the kills loot eligible?

From what I understand, on a toon that never did any HM or BrF, you need
    24 loot eligible normal kills to get a normal cache
    16 loot eligible heroic kills to get a heroic cache
    8 mythic kills for a mythic cache.

My lock, which never ventured inside BrF or HM (other than a handful of normal kills) had to clear H HFC twice to get the heroic cache. She had LFR ones previously.

My priest, which had a handful of mythic BrF kills only needed 8 heroic kills (I think, I cleared way more than that first week) to get her heroic cache.

I did the "fail mission" trick on all toons, if needed, to try and get new cache and it worked fine.

Oh, then that's the thing preventing me from getting the HC cache. I got all 21 HC kills in the same week by doing some bosses multiple times.

Makes sense now, cheers