Poll: Bring it back

Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Reforging, bring it back please

It will be more than required in Legion especially with the new Haste, and make it free this time

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind seeing a system similar to Tera's where secondary and tertiary stats could be re-rolled. Already have their enchanting system in the form of valor upgrades.

Deleted
    What new haste?

no, please don't bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    no, please don't bring it back.
    And why not please ? don't you like to play your class how YOU want and not how BLIZZARD want it ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    And why not please ? don't you like to play your class how YOU want and not how BLIZZARD want it ?
    I think your lines are crossed, chap. Surely by reforging everything to haste, we're playing exactly how Blizzard want, as opposed to not having reforging and just rolling with what we've got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforging was nice, the failure simply lied with using 3rd party addons or websites to reforge your characters optimally towards the hit/exp cap, and with those caps removed the issues we had with reforging are now gone and all that is left are the benefits of getting more optimal stats on your gear. I personally felt that gearing up had more "depth" when almost every slot had to be enchanted, gemmed and reforged, and getting a properly optimized character was definitely more satisfying than now.

And don't even get me started on the stupid randomness when it comes to warforged, tertiary stats and extra sockets. Eww!

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss it, I miss the fact that we had to actually do equipment management.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    I think your lines are crossed, chap. Surely by reforging everything to haste, we're playing exactly how Blizzard want, as opposed to not having reforging and just rolling with what we've got.
    Who said that i wanted to reforge to haste ?

Would love to see it back tbh

The only thing reforging did was that everyone went to web sites to find out their optimal stat, then reforged every piece of gear towards it. That's literally it.

I mean, I like the idea behind it, but as long as secondary stats is only different ways of dealing more damage and there is one stat that is way better because some stupid passive give it +5-15%, both secondary stats and reforging are worthless and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss reforging. I liked min & maxing and thinking that this item isn't that bad, I can just reforge x off of it.

It was nice to have a sense of equipment management. I liked being involved with my gear and having to spend the couple of minutes to determine what stats were best for me was fun. I'm sure we could still reforge points based on what we are using our gear for (pvp vs pve) and what specs deal with which stats better?

It be nice to prioritize a stat through reforging again based on what spell or ability or maybe even some of the new Artifact weapon abilities gain bonuses off of. I personally feel that with the Artifact weapons and the versatility its bringing that reforging can play a direct role in influencing some of the power of those abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit conflicted on reforging. I liked it while we had it, but I was happy when it was removed. However, on certain specs it's really needed to maintain fun gameplay (Fury especially comes to mind). So while I don't really want it to come back, it would be very useful in some situations...

(Also, there is no "new haste". They're simply expanding a good concept they've used for years (since 2.4, natch) to more classes.)

Reforging made the game turn from "these are good for my class" to "the itemlevel is higher, so it must be better"

Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post
    The only thing reforging did was that everyone went to web sites to find out their optimal stat, then reforged every piece of gear towards it. That's literally it.
    People are doing THE EXACT SAME THING for EVERYTHING, so it will not change a damn thing for them, it just give the choice for those who want min/max some stats and change the play-style of their classes.

there was nothing good about reforging.

People are doing THE EXACT SAME THING for EVERYTHING, so it will not change a damn thing for them, it just give the choice for those who want min/max some stats and change the play-style of their classes.
    Reforging never was a choice for anything. As you say yourself, people just did what some tool told them, there was never a choice. Min/Maxing isn't about choice, its about making a spreadsheet happy.

So, no. Don't bring reforging back. It doesn't benefit the game at all, it just gives an illusion of choice and makes naive players happy because they get to "improve" their stats. Luckily Blizzard does not seem to have any plans whatsoever do bring it back, so /thread.

There is no point in bringing back reforging. All it will lead to is people downloading and addon to do it for them (again) so I honestly see no point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post

I mean, I like the idea behind it, but as long as secondary stats is only different ways of dealing more damage and there is one stat that is way better because some stupid passive give it +5-15%, both secondary stats and reforging are worthless and boring.
    They didn't even have to do that. They used an addon. Went to the reforging NPC. Clicked button on addon. Most min-maxers annoy the hell out of me. I understand why the world first guilds do it. But other than those extremely niche cases it *really* doesn't matter if you spend 200g to improve your performance by 0.1%.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2016-03-15 at 06:10 PM.