Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question If players hadn't enjoyed WoD, would they complain as much about lack of content?

I suspect that most games people don't like have forum discussions that are dead, and that no one is in there posting about how there wasn't enough of it. If you're hanging out in a forum to discuss WoW, and complaining about having run out of stuff to do, doesn't that mean you've enjoyed it and want more? Even if you don't like to admit it?

i loved wod, the lore was correct, the quest zone was good, the raid was too, its just the fact that we have to wait another 6-12 months after last raid to the next expansion that is the problem

With most games you would be correct.

However we are talking about a MMO that people have invested significant amounts of time and energy into.

It is a daunting task to move on to another MMO re establish yourself learn the systems etc etc ... that combined w/personal attachments is why people stay w/WoW. It sure as hell isn't because it is a better game.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

If you're asking "Would simply adding more content have made WoD an excellent expansion?" then my answer to that would depend on where and how the content was added.

If they added 50 more apexis dailies, then WoD would still have been a disaster expansion.
    If they added more daily quest hubs with rich lore tieing up the storylines, then I think WoD would've been a much better expansion.

WoD was terrible in both the quantity and quality department, but I think more staple content would've made the expansion more tolerable.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will ALWAYS be something that people will complain about when it comes to WoW. If it's not one thing it's the other. People complain about expansions that aren't even out yet EVERY time a new expansion is revealed. The majority of the WoW playerbase are a bunch of whiny crybabies that scream at Blizzard because they can't get what they want or because they don't like something. Just like a wittle 3 year old boy who did a little poo poo in his kaka pants.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

People paid for a product and didn't get what they were expecting. This thread makes no sense. Blizzard sycophants in overdrive on MMO-C.

Um your question ignores that the main reason people don't like wod is the lack of quality content. It's trash.

I enjoy wow, not wod. I want more wow, wherever the hell it went.
    Last edited by emilylorange; 2016-03-16 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    people will always complain. people are very selfish and dont even consider how their complaints make blizzard feel.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    people will always complain. people are very selfish and dont even consider how their complaints make blizzard feel.
    I'm not married to blizz.

How they 'feel' is pretty irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I suspect that most games people don't like have forum discussions that are dead, and that no one is in there posting about how there wasn't enough of it. If you're hanging out in a forum to discuss WoW, and complaining about having run out of stuff to do, doesn't that mean you've enjoyed it and want more? Even if you don't like to admit it?
    No. For me, it means that I used to like it but no longer do.

"If players hadn't enjoyed WoD, would they complain as much about lack of content?"
    Come again? If players did NOT enjoy WoD, would they complain as much about lack of content? That is what you wrote.
    So first you state that they in reality did enjoy content. Therefore they complained about the lack of it..... - Huh?? Why would they complain if they enjoyed themselves? Apart from that if there is lack of content, there is lack of content. I would be very upset if I loved the content that Blizzard offered only for it to be totally not sufficient in the end. So I would complain.

If did actually did NOT enjoy themselves, they are damn right to complain about lack of content.

So in the end it doesn't matter if they enjoyed themselves before "the lack of content" was a thing. Lack of content = bad.

I have difficulties feeling empathy for multi billion dollar companies putting minimal effort for maximum profits.

Seriously? Blizzard can go fuck themselves tbh. They misinformed us at Blizzcon about WoD about all sorts of things. Then they gave us Apexis crap that from the get go wasn't gaining support from the players, yet they gave us more and made the "easy mode" (getting in a 40 man raid and do the apexis that way) go the way of the dodo.
    I used to be pro blizzard in the old days. Really I was. I would see logic in basically everything they did. But around the end of WOTLK, I started to see cracks and when LFR came in Cata and then MoP and now WoD... I have had enough of their "accessible" and not listening attitude.

"yeah we listened, you didn't like dailies, so we removed them just like you said"
    Seriously?

I suspect that most games people don't like have forum discussions that are dead, and that no one is in there posting about how there wasn't enough of it.
    Complaining about normal games = Pointless since they're already done.
    Complaining about a MMO = The devs might change it because they'll continue to give out exp after exp for years to come.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You make a good point OP. The people complaining about not enough content are the super hardcore types who burn themselves out on the game very quickly. The other day I was in a dungeon with someone who was complaining about how bored they were with the game and then they went on to mention that they had 7 level-100 characters.

The idea that WoD is lacking in content is a pretty large misconception (outside of the lack of major patches, of course). It's got a fine amount of content, the problem is simply that the game's reward structures are completely broken and barely incentivise any of it, making the game feel like it has nothing to do.

You missed the points of the complaints being that there is no good content other than raiding (well and questing for the first time through). The art in WoD was great the story was almost on point etc. The reason people have left and are complaining is becasue they want to play the game but simply have nothing to do in the game, I don't want to log in for 3 hours 3 nights a week I want stuff to do between raiding and raiding to be a result of all the things im doing during non raid time.

I think a really telling thing is that im currently playing WoW in its classic state. It is worse in some spots slower combat, Unblanced classes, Simple raid and dungeon mechanics but is better in other ways such as pacing, class individuality, length and difficulty of content, interaction with community, Varity of content, Prestige, Meaningful professions etc etc. I like that it took me just shy of 200 hours to hit max level yet every minute spent playing was fun it all felt meaningful and like it was for a purpose I had to do dungeons to get gear to do quests I had to find quests and people to complete the harder ones with. I like that I can log on and have multiple things to do; Do I want to farm for a rare drop to make some big money or do I want to gather to make steady smaller money, Do I want to do professions to help my guild or do I want to do professions to make cash. Do I want to do dungeons for my own gear or am I looking for some rare drops needed for crafting the best patterns or do I want to farm the best patterns myself or am I just looking to help out some guildies in getting their pre 10 man gear strengthening our 10 man UBRS team which will convert over into our MC team. Do I want to farm reputations for the great gear from them or the very good crafting patterns or the enchants or just the toys. Do I want to PvP. Do I want to start a new character and see what its like to play a drastically different class from the one I originally leveled.

All that and so much more. I feel the game is far too instant gratification meaning even if I had a sub I would have no reason at all to log in other than some PvP in which you can only get proper rewards from arena or ashran which are just not fun not to mention the gear difference is just as broken now as it was in classic going against a fully raid geared player, For example I get 2 shot by geared rogues and warriors on my freshly dinged characters and there is nothing I can do other than take it whereas I could gear up in PvE content back in the day (this is something I think Legion is looking to fix).

I want to play retail I really do but there is nothing to do and with the community so fragmented over so many servers despite the fact it was shrinking daily it makes even raiding semi difficult content (Mythic) hard without paying for several server transfers to find one that fits although I will say this is all coming from before cross realm mythic so maybe its a bit better now but really I want to get to know the people im playing with not bring in the fly by night mercenaries.

This is also quite a flawed argument, Its like saying people who talk about star wars or went to see the new films cant dislike the prequels they just don't want to admit that they like them becasue if they disliked the prequels they must dislike all star wars.
    Last edited by MagicMert; 2016-03-18 at 01:07 PM.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    The idea that WoD is lacking in content is a pretty large misconception (outside of the lack of major patches, of course). It's got a fine amount of content, the problem is simply that the game's reward structures are completely broken and barely incentivise any of it, making the game feel like it has nothing to do.
    Exactly. People discuss the lack of content in terms of reward and relevance, of which WoD has had a damaging drought throughout its lifetime as it takes maybe a couple weeks to get to the point where launch content below Normal raiding becomes irrelevant and unrewarding (because Blizz, by their own admission, wanted more people to get into Normal raiding) and a couple weeks after that to get to the point where Tanaan becomes irrelevant and unrewarding (and you don't really even need to bother with the Garrison, as Tanaan can be accessed by swimming north from Shadowmoon Valley).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post

If they added 50 more apexis dailies, then WoD would still have been a disaster expansion.
    If they added more daily quest hubs with rich lore tieing up the storylines, then I think WoD would've been a much better expansion.
    Whats the difference between the 2?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    Whats the difference between the 2?
    That one of them has a blue marker and a wall of text that most dont even read.